Championship 22-23 (7 Viewers)

Astute

There’s only a bidding war if you’re looking at it one at a time. If 5 teams come in with 17m for example a we’ll accept all 5. We won’t say yes to 1 and reject the others

they do throw money at average players, but it doesn’t mean they won’t move on to cheaper average players. Gyokeres will be one of 6 targets for every team
So how would they all know to bid 17m? 🤔😄

You are missing out on a valid point though. A player doesn't have to move to the highest bidder. He can turn down a move by not agreeing terms.

Legia Sky Blue

There’s only a bidding war if you’re looking at it one at a time. If 5 teams come in with 17m for example a we’ll accept all 5. We won’t say yes to 1 and reject the others

they do throw money at average players, but it doesn’t mean they won’t move on to cheaper average players. Gyokeres will be one of 6 targets for every team

Surely if 5 teams come in and all offer £17m why not reject them all? Common sense tells you at least one will want an edge over its competitors and offer a higher price. However, even if only one club comes in initially (which I think is unlikely) we should not accept the first offer that comes along anyhow. The Summer break is not like the January window, and should allow the club time to make proper considered decisions on the saleability of our players, and maximising the price of any player we decide to sell.

Astute

He will go for a big fee but I think 30m is unrealistic looking at all the factors
Has anyone said we WILL get 30m for him?

I have stated between 15 and 20m but also that it could end up as a bidding war or a club puts in a big offer to put the others off. How can this be so difficult to understand?

As you have said you think. Nobody knows. Nothing worth arguing about.

Alkhen

Has anyone said we WILL get 30m for him?

I have stated between 15 and 20m but also that it could end up as a bidding war or a club puts in a big offer to put the others off. How can this be so difficult to understand?

As you have said you think. Nobody knows. Nothing worth arguing about.
Literally the post I replied to said as much!
Genuinely think he could sell for more than £30m

But yes nobody knows, I just think we aren't in as strong a position as people seem to think. I'd be shocked if we got less than 20m though

Astute

Literally the post I replied to said as much!

But yes nobody knows, I just think we aren't in as strong a position as people seem to think. I'd be shocked if we got less than 20m though
So you're disagreeing with those that agree with you?

We're in a weak position for keeping him unless we get promoted. But for selling him?

Then you say you'd be shocked if less than 20m. That isn't a weak position.

Alkhen

So you're disagreeing with those that agree with you?

We're in a weak position for keeping him unless we get promoted. But for selling him?

Then you say you'd be shocked if less than 20m. That isn't a weak position.

I posted my reply to the people saying we should get 30m+ because Pedro went for as much. Our situation is different, he has 1 year left and 6months before he can talk to European clubs.

I think he will command a huge fee but just not 30m. I mean we can't afford to mess about or dig out heals in. This summer is the time we will either need to sell or get him to sign a new deal, which I think is very unlikely unless we go up. Other clubs will know this. I do think his stock is high and there will be lots of interest. We shall see but I recon it'll be 20ish

shepardo01

Surely if 5 teams come in and all offer £17m why not reject them all? Common sense tells you at least one will want an edge over its competitors and offer a higher price. However, even if only one club comes in initially (which I think is unlikely) we should not accept the first offer that comes along anyhow. The Summer break is not like the January window, and should allow the club time to make proper considered decisions on the saleability of our players, and maximising the price of any player we decide to sell.
Once an offer has been accepted, and yes, you could say 17m might be rejected- but say 20m was, other clubs will know... offers will come in, then agent will negotiate the best personal deal with the clubs.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’m using the figure as an example - it doesn’t work like 1 at a time. If we reject say 17 and Leeds come in with 18, it doesn’t mean Wolves will then bid 19 and so on.

they’ll watch to see what happens - they’ll have a figure in mind. What we risk is going to gung ho - saying we want 25 and everyone checks out. We’re not in that position. P

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

To have a bidding war, you don't accept the first bid , not like sisu did.

Brighton Sky Blue

You just play the bidding parties against each other. Ultimately we get a price we can work with and Gyo gets his move. Don’t think he’ll mind where

Astute

I posted my reply to the people saying we should get 30m+ because Pedro went for as much. Our situation is different, he has 1 year left and 6months before he can talk to European clubs.

I think he will command a huge fee but just not 30m. I mean we can't afford to mess about or dig out heals in. This summer is the time we will either need to sell or get him to sign a new deal, which I think is very unlikely unless we go up. Other clubs will know this. I do think his stock is high and there will be lots of interest. We shall see but I recon it'll be 20ish
Might get 30m. You even quoted me and I'm saying 15m upwards. You expect 20m upwards. So you expect more than me.

My only point which is the same as others. It COULD go much higher if someone is desperate enough for a striker good enough to score in the Prem.

Alkhen

Might get 30m. You even quoted me and I'm saying 15m upwards. You expect 20m upwards. So you expect more than me.

My only point which is the same as others. It COULD go much higher if someone is desperate enough for a striker good enough to score in the Prem.

That's where I disagree, can't see it going past 20 possibly 25 with a mad bidding war. The circumstances on the deals like Pedro and Watkins are different. But it's a pointless argument, no way of telling how it will play out

Astute

That's where I disagree, can't see it going past 20 possibly 25 with a mad bidding war. The circumstances on the deals like Pedro and Watkins are different. But it's a pointless argument, no way of telling how it will play out
Which has been my point.

Grendel

200.gif

SBT

Birmingham getting taken over by an American businessman who’s planning to knock down St Andrews and build a new stadium. (Unless we want it, maybe?)

The new owners’ holding company is called Shelby Companies Ltd - the whole city has given up its identity to become a Peaky Blinders theme park, absolutely unbelievable.

fernandopartridge

Birmingham getting taken over by an American businessman who’s planning to knock down St Andrews and build a new stadium. (Unless we want it, maybe?)

The new owners’ holding company is called Shelby Companies Ltd - the whole city has given up its identity to become a Peaky Blinders theme park, absolutely unbelievable.
These sound like very serious people

Grendel

So having retired for good Neil Warnock signs a contract to stay at Huddersfield

Users who are viewing this thread