Championship thread 23/24 (8 Viewers)

clint van damme

tbf, I'm not entirely sure that being owned by somebody who runs a hedge fund and bets on oil is much of an improvement in the ethics stakes.

But do bet365 try and sports wash through a myriad of schemes and initiatives with a vague air of social responsibility?

Makes you think....

napolimp

You claimed we hadn’t figured out a system. When we have got a system. And it’s working well.

How dare you take something someone said and hold them accountable for it. This forums supposed to be about ranting incoherently, and then pretending you never said anything.

Happy_Martian

Alex Neil getting binned by Stoke

That is frickin' crazy. Shows how desperate owners are to get into the Prem that they don't allow a manager any chance of stability. Neil hadn't done that badly though admittedly they're 21st currently. They're never going to get back on course if they keep throwing the ship's captain overboard (to use a naval saying).

Don't shoot me for this but I'm glad we had SiSu for as long as we did as they never had the balls or the cash to get rid of Robins. And now DK is in charge, he's seen what Robins gives us. And long may it continue.

SlowerThanPlatt

Sounds familiar

In their time back in the Championship, other than at the start of the 2021-22 season under O'Neill, when they made a flying start to climb to third in the table in early October, their final placings have been an almost symmetrically-perfect modicum of mediocrity - 16th, 15th, 14th, 14th, 16th.

Sbarcher

I said at the time and will say it again, I think they had a horrendous transfer window. I don't think it's all down to Neil.
Think it probably is. He was allowed to appoint a mate of his as D of F and fuc*ek it up between them.

SkyBlueSoul

Rotherham gone for Leam Richardson, feels like preparing for next season already. Got Wigan up as L1 champions, then sacked when they were shit in the Championship.

no_loyalty

Sunderland 1-0 up against Leeds, Jobe Bellingham with the goal.

robbiethemole

just watched the second half, Leeds do like a sly kick, shirtpull and tug. Sunderland look very disorganised at times, not sure we need to wet ourselves over playing either in the next two games.

Happy_Martian

Fun fact: Coventry have the best goal difference in the bottom 13 clubs. Watford in 11th have a +4 GD and Hull in 10th have a +3, same as us.

And depending on results tomorrow, we could be as high as 11th (5pts off 6th place) or as low as 18th (4pts off the bottom 3). This season is crazily close for most teams.

1702418509828.png

Great_Expectations

Said it before, but I’ll say again; I honestly think we’ll have a strong push the second half of the season.

We’ve found a formation that suits our players and momentum is building. Add a quality CM in Jan, plus one/two exciting wingers (as per the rumours) and we’re in a really good position.

Even with the poor start the play offs aren’t miles away and while league position at this point is an indicator, there’s still plenty of football left.

Users who are viewing this thread