Championship thread 23/24 (47 Viewers)

TomRad85

You can pay a bit more for someone in a European league who’s playing at a higher level than league 2 so not surprised. The fees league 2 teams demand is not reflective considering the shit standard
It's an English football thing i think. They look at the ridiculous fees at the top and think yeh we'll have a bit of that thanks. Fair enough I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Pritchard to Blues - £100k mentioned.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Serious money being thrown at championship clubs at the moment for their players, come the summer could be a few more clubs with financial clout to throw about.

junglej13

Serious money being thrown at championship clubs at the moment for their players, come the summer could be a few more clubs with financial clout to throw about.
Was saying the same earlier. Blackburn, Sunderland, Birmingham and Middlesbrough all look set to sell someone for £15m+

TomRad85

Boro would be the only team from there that I'd expect to do well with their money. Sunderland will spunk it on crap as usual, Blackburn might not reinvest much at all anyway and Blues as well as losing their best midfielder who they will be getting the money for, will always be losing their best player in general in Stansfield, for absolutely nothing as he doesn't belong to them.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Rumour, apparently Sheffield United want to sign Ben Sheaf for 5 million and Ben is keen to play in the premier league. 😂😂😂

Even if it was true it would only be for about 3 months.

alexccfc99

Fucking embarrassing - Imagine if we were in their position, the CBS would be absolutely bouncing, instead being good is being wasted on this lot

Then again I suppose when you only really generated a fanbase off fluking a Premier League title most of their fans see themselves above second tier football

alexccfc99

Not sure you can fluke a Premier League title.
Meh the circumstances were a fluke, all the big sides were shite or in transition that season and their closest rivals were professional bottlejobs Spurs and Arsenal, and I still maintain after January the clubs with nothing to play for and the referees were rolling over for them (Clattenburg is on record to actually admitting that) You'd take it but it was a fluke

wingy

Meh the circumstances were a fluke, all the big sides were shite or in transition that season and their closest rivals were professional bottlejobs Spurs and Arsenal, and I still maintain after January the clubs with nothing to play for and the referees were rolling over for them (Clattenburg is on record to actually admitting that) You'd take it but it was a fluke
Wouldn't that be great accumin to spot that trend, regards their fans it was early I'll admit but there was a steady number exiting last night at ten to go.

HadjiChippo

What’s this quote in response to, people saying the football is boring?

I think Leicester fans should be more pleased they’re returning to the top flight at the first time of asking with ease, gets a lot more difficult if you miss out and then get your bones picked for your best players to stay afloat.

They’ll be plenty of time for “exciting” 3/4/5-0 losses to the likes of Liverpool/City/Arsenal next season. It wasn’t like the relegation season under Rodger’s they were Brazil 1970. Weird entitled fan base.

Last edited:

Mr Panda

Charly Alcaraz moving to Juventus from Southampton on loan with option of £45m transfer. Crazy money for a Champ club

Cheylesmore ITK

What’s this quote in response to, people saying the football is boring?

I think Leicester fans should be more pleased they’re returning to the top flight at the first time of asking with ease, gets a lot more difficult if you miss out and then get your bones picked for your best players to stay afloat.

They’ll be plenty of time for “exciting” 3/4/5-0 losses to the likes of Liverpool/City/Arsenal next season. It wasn’t like the relegation season under Rodger’s they were Brazil 1970. Weird entitled fan base.
They even had Dean Smith for a while.

You all loved it as you don’t see us as rivals. Leicester and Coventry haven’t generally got one which is surprising…..….

We’ll play you again in two years now then 😉

Users who are viewing this thread