Leeds (H) W
Southampton (A) L
Blues (A) D
Ipswich (H) W
Hull (H) L
Blackburn (A) D
QPR (H) W

jimmyhillsfanclub

Cardiff have some of the best form in the division.......not sure why so many reckon thats a win?

Lots of twists & turns to come, but I reckon anyone from WBA down to Cardiff could finish top 6.

I'll stick with my prediction earlier this season....we'll finish just shy in 7th.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Huddersfield (A) W
Cardiff (H) D
Leeds (H) L
Southampton (A) L
Blues (A) W
Ipswich (H) D
Hull (H) D
Blackburn (A) W
QPR (H) W

15pts/27pts

72 points.

Wolves (A) W
Liverpool (N) W
Man City (N) W

planning the Thursday nights in Latvia 😍😍😍

skybluelee

Cardiff have some of the best form in the division.......not sure why so many reckon thats a win?

Lots of twists & turns to come, but I reckon anyone from WBA down to Cardiff could finish top 6.

I'll stick with my prediction earlier this season....we'll finish just shy in 7th.
It was only 5 minutes ago that Preston were the form team in the league and then they lost 2-1 at home to Stoke on Saturday, who going into that match had lost 7 out of their last 9.

Plenty of twists and turns to come.

shmmeee

If nothing else, if we can just start next season properly we should be looking for a strong top 6 finish. Assume O’Hare’s replacement is already identified, possibly upgrade at left back, add a bit more depth at CB and DM and we’re good to go.

I strongly doubt whoever finishes 5th/6th will win the playoffs anyway.

And our home form is outstanding. I’d back us to beat anyone at home.

Liquid Gold

Sheffield Wednesday under another investigation after missiles thrown from the kop at Leeds players.

Must be about their 5/6th this season.

Quite madly some of their fans are suggesting it is the fault of Leeds players like they did with Kasey.

They really need to close that stand for a few games as a minimum.

Terry_dactyl

If nothing else, if we can just start next season properly we should be looking for a strong top 6 finish. Assume O’Hare’s replacement is already identified, possibly upgrade at left back, add a bit more depth at CB and DM and we’re good to go.

I strongly doubt whoever finishes 5th/6th will win the playoffs anyway.
We’ve had a really good season but it’s not one I’ve ever felt we’re going to make the playoffs. This is not me being negative or even realistic (given we’re only a point off 6th), just how I’ve felt throughout. I’m fairly relaxed about it all. Completely different to last year.

Though I think next season could be different and I may expect us to really bother the playoffs…possibly even the top 2.

Terry_dactyl

We’ve had a really good season but it’s not one I’ve ever felt we’re going to make the playoffs. This is not me being negative or even realistic (given we’re only a point off 6th), just how I’ve felt throughout. I’m fairly relaxed about it all. Completely different to last year.

Though I think next season could be different and I may expect us to really bother the playoffs…possibly even the top 2.
I’ll add to this…I’m actually more nervous/excited for the FA Cup!

skybluegod

I actually agree 100% with this. I said during pre-season and have doubled down throughout i think we will just miss out. But next year with a bit of decent recruitment in key areas, i think we will be in a really strong position to go up. With weaker sides coming down from the prem as well.

Terry_dactyl

I actually agree 100% with this. I said during pre-season and have doubled down throughout i think we will just miss out. But next year with a bit of decent recruitment in key areas, i think we will be in a really strong position to go up. With weaker sides coming down from the prem as well.
The addition of EMC and the potential for another wedge from the Vik deal, not to mention the monies we have apparently got left over make it really exciting.

We also now know that Robins knows what he’s doing when he’s got a budget. At the risk of pointing out the bleeding obvious, he really has been magnificent for us.

napolimp

The addition of EMC and the potential for another wedge from the Vik deal, not to mention the monies we have apparently got left over make it really exciting.

We also now know that Robins knows what he’s doing when he’s got a budget. At the risk of pointing out the bleeding obvious, he really has been magnificent for us.

We need some actual depth though, in key areas, which will be the difference compared to past seasons. Then things will truly be exciting.

fernandopartridge

Sheffield Wednesday under another investigation after missiles thrown from the kop at Leeds players.

Must be about their 5/6th this season.

Quite madly some of their fans are suggesting it is the fault of Leeds players like they did with Kasey.

They really need to close that stand for a few games as a minimum.
Launching missiles at somebody and blaming them for it is it
699bc86361e2feee7bb5e4ea93336189.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

JohnWH

Wedns, Rovrum, Cardiff down. B'ham reprieved from relegation troubles with new owners best wishes.
Leicester, So'ton autos, Norwich playoffs winners. Leeds try to sniff but nowhere close end up lucky in top half.
Hull City somehow a surprise package sneak into playoffs, solely due to Allsop somehow managing to score in final moments in their 2nd game against Blackburn Rovers. Sunderland once again just barely manage to finish one place behind our proud men.

Spent a while looking for my assessment (Aug 26, post #1057),
Surprised how well it's generally held up. Didn't foresee Rooney(!!) re Birmingham, when is Mogga back? Far off from Leeds though. I think a few weeks later I'd written Southampton off entirely but an unforeseen 20+ game unbeaten run proved me the fool. Still looking partial towards Hull favoring well. Was way off on Cardiff sadly. Sunderland below Coventry very probable by this point.

How's everyone else's early season assessments held up?
I had certainly never anticipated Ipswich to maintain so well.
Also, for anyone with time to kill, there's plenty of interesting reading in the first 10 or15 pages of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread