Chris Anderson (1 Viewer)

albatross

I can understand that sbd we each ratify things in our own way and nothing wrong in that. Unfortunately this has become a war between very stubborn generals, who are not afraid to use any weapons available to them and CCFC is a weapon used by both sides suffering and causing collateral damage. The real damage done is to the supporters - without them there is no club

Spot on SISU use CCFC like a hostage Deal with us or the club gets it!. I think the talk of the club folding is way wide of the mark, Its a threat nothing more, they will want to retain the golden share. Admin on the other hand could be a possibility with SISU again picking up the pieces being the largest creditor (at least SISU companies are).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Spot on SISU use CCFC like a hostage Deal with us or the club gets it!. I think the talk of the club folding is way wide of the mark, Its a threat nothing more, they will want to retain the golden share. Admin on the other hand could be a possibility with SISU again picking up the pieces being the largest creditor (at least SISU companies are).
Thing is a second admin is not just a points deduction or am I wrong?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
to be honest I am not at all sure what they might do.

Liquidation would crystallise losses for ARVO, recoup a very small amount after costs maybe, point to loss on investment caused by others etc. It would also mean ordinary creditors getting shafted. But would cost the golden share and extinct the club. I suspect the original investors have already crystallised their losses years ago. Would they go for that - I wouldn't think so other than through spite and that is not impossible

Administration. Why do they need to put themselves (CCFC) in to administration they are the largest creditor, it would cost the club points, revenue and probably relegation. The 2012 administration had a purpose behind it, the lease had to be broken and ACL distressed. This time the only purpose would seem to be to shaft the other 3rd party creditors (HMRC, suppliers etc). There are no long term contracts to get out of, rent, shop franchise, ticketmaster are all short term. Yes they control the administration but why cost themselves further funds to buy it back? Would a third party attempt to put the club in to administration? perhaps but not going to happen if the bills are being paid

Do they need administration to get control of the CCFC finances ? nope

That really leaves the club in limbo to find its own level. If SISU are not required to put in more funding then the club probably knocks around the bottom half of L1 until it gets relegated because funding from turnover will get less and less before we get relegated again. Only way they get major capital return is by selling on a stadium (and surrounding development) with at least CCFC as long term tenant...... is that why BPA is so important? is that why CCFC/CRFC are pushing for this it seems in a bit of a panic? If that BPA development were key then I find the attitude the owners adopt towards CCC (irrespective of CCC actions) to be strange and counter productive - it wont get done without CCC onside, and that means eating humble pie if the CCFC owners stay

Said before I think we have become a zombie club, not seen anything that improves that description. I think the only action will be inaction in terms of progressing the club

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Do we actually owe anyone anything now other than companies in Joys control? What would be the benefit (not that there was any first time around) of going into admin again? Surely if it was a debt shredding exercise SISU could do that without admin? It's not like we have any long term contracts to get rid of either. Everything about our club is short term pretty much.

Can't see what it would gain SISU.

oldfiver

to be honest I am not at all sure what they might do.

That really leaves the club in limbo to find its own level. If SISU are not required to put in more funding then the club probably knocks around the bottom half of L1 until it gets relegated because funding from turnover will get less and less before we get relegated again. Only way they get major capital return is by selling on a stadium (and surrounding development) with at least CCFC as long term tenant...... is that why BPA is so important? is that why CCFC/CRFC are pushing for this it seems in a bit of a panic? If that BPA development were key then I find the attitude the owners adopt towards CCC (irrespective of CCC actions) to be strange and counter productive - it wont get done without CCC onside, and that means eating humble pie if the CCFC owners stay

Said before I think we have become a zombie club, not seen anything that improves that description. I think the only action will be inaction in terms of progressing the club

With you up to the point about CCC - outside of planning they are not involved.

All the issues raised about protection and the like are red herrings ( well I assume that is what Nigel Clews metaphor related to )

ceetee

It's a pity that the warring factions can't see that. Or maybe they can see it but just don't care.
Absolutely right

SISU don't care about the success of the football club. It's a failed investment that they are trying to exploit or at worst minimise financial damage.

CCC don't care because now they have Wasps.

Even some of the supporters dion't really care because they would be prepared to see the club die if that was the price of SISU leaving.

Grendel

oucho

My guess about what happened is that CA's big idea was, as he stated, doing a long-term tenancy agreement with Wasps (clearly with a view to staying for long enough to wait for Wasps to fail, then buy out the Ricoh at a bargain basement price when they are desperate for cash though). However, as we know, Wasps have stated that talks won't continue until SISU call off the legal challenges. CA will have approached Joy to do this but she has turned him down flat; she wants to continue in the hope of either grinding the council into a deal involving some compo (purely to end the action) or, less likely, to overturn the verdict. Meanwhile, she has to keep up the pretence of the new stadium in order to strengthen her hand. CA obviously felt this strategy wouldn't work, and has walked away accordingly.

That, and the fact he was completely unqualified at running a professional football team. I do wonder how much he would have meddled in team affairs, giving TM stats on pass percentages, shots on target and stuff, and trying to influence our style of play based on his own reading of the stats. If I am right, we might see an uptick in form in the next few weeks (it was CA's arrival that heralded our fall from grace last season).

zuni

think your right, they cant afford to drop the legals but on the other hand imo they need to get the ball rolling asap to sort the logistics of either another ground move or rent agreement.
they swing back 360 to wasps said no rent talks unless legals are dropped, i think they will sell soon and keep the legals....imho

dongonzalos

Ray Ranson
Gary Hoffman
Joe Elliott
Ken Delieu
Onye Igwe
Steve Waggott
Laura Deeling
Mark Venus
Tim Fisher
Mark Labowitch
Joy Seppalla
John Clarke
Paul Clouting
Leonord Brody

In only 8 years impressive.

Calista

Crowley’s tweet claims it was “SISU’s unwillingness to budge on the BPA deal” that led to CA leaving. Does that wording suggest that CA saw a viable way forward at the Butts, but SISU’s intransigence somehow scuppered it?
As I think someone once memorably said on here, we are being treated "like lemmings in a mushroom factory”.
:(

skyblue1991

I think he's happy that he's left:

Bob-Geldof_0.jpg

fernandopartridge

Crowley’s tweet claims it was “SISU’s unwillingness to budge on the BPA deal” that led to CA leaving. Does that wording suggest that CA saw a viable way forward at the Butts, but SISU’s intransigence somehow scuppered it?
As I think someone once memorably said on here, we are being treated "like lemmings in a mushroom factory”.
Other way around Imo. Think CA was pushing for a Ricoh deal.

dongonzalos

Or is it he knew that deal is gone for the BPA and the Ricoh is the only way, but people above him couldn't move on?
I think for either Ricoh or BPA the legals have to be dropped anyway.

chiefdave

It does seem to imply the Butts was seen as a serious option. Be good if our local media could do some investigation into what happened there both in terms of what CCFC and CRFC had planned and why it was killed off by the lease owner.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Other way around Imo. Think CA was pushing for a Ricoh deal.
KC said a deal at Butts would have been viable but SISU refused to settle court matters and reconcile.

To summarise, whether Anderson was pushing for the Ricoh or Butts. It was made impossible to do either because of SISU and the council.

Murky waters ahead, people don't want to believe another move out of the city is possible but I'm worried.

Captain Dart

upload_2016-9-19_22-17-12.png

Captain Dart

Which then raises the question of course as to why Millerchip was insistent on legal action that has nothing to do with him ceased.

Because he isn't an idiot?

Grendel

Or is it he knew that deal is gone for the BPA and the Ricoh is the only way, but people above him couldn't move on?
I think for either Ricoh or BPA the legals have to be dropped anyway.

Not for the Ricoh they don't.

chiefdave

Because he isn't an idiot?
But its a very specific thing. If he said I don't want the rugby club getting involved with SISU given what their history I don't think anyone would have raised an eyebrow but it was specifically stopping legal action against the council. Why would doing that make all his concerns for CRFC disappear?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Jesus Christ.

If what KC is saying is true, and there's absolutely no reason to not believe him, Anderson doesn't actually look so bad.

If you forget all the excuses, 20,00 at the BPA which we would part own would be viable and a step in the right direction, it would also be exciting as it builds. There is no future at the Ricoh now with Wasps there, and any move out of the city centre is only going to alienate more fans.

This is all fucked and I think it's going to end very badly, very soon.

Buster

IF ,sisu are not interested in any investment at all, bpa, new ground or deal to stay at Ricoh and they are leaking anything in the region of six figures a year (no more big prospects to realise in academy) they must be thinking the end game after legals. Surely their best way out is to take a price for the club even if it's a pound . When will the legal fight finish,something must happen then

Grendel

The BPA thing is a joke. With millerchip controlling the lease and his obvious leanings that was a no go anyway

The Ricoh discussions will commence again nearer the deadline.

dongonzalos

The BPA thing is a joke. With millerchip controlling the lease and his obvious leanings that was a no go anyway

The Ricoh discussions will commence again nearer the deadline.

So it was pointless negotiating for the BPA because of Millerchips association with the council.
So Wasps is the route to go???

I agree with your point btw regarding the negotiations.
We should have took the deal a long long time ago well before the Northampton debacle.
Now it will be on Wasps terms.

Grendel

So it was pointless negotiating for the BPA because of Millerchips association with the council.
So Wasps is the route to go???

I agree with your point btw regarding the negotiations.
We should have took the deal a long long time ago well before the Northampton debacle.
Now it will be on Wasps terms.

The BPA "deal" was only on the table if he sold his control of the lease. It came out in a meeting at CRFC. It was never really likely anyway but once it came out that was that.

We were never offered any "deal" before going to northampton.

There is one thing that is saving us from bring booted out all together and that is not changing for the foreseeable future.

There are strong rumours going round social media then he will be leaving the club tomorrow. I don't know if they're true and I also don't know how much of a difference (if any) it would make to us. He doesn't seem to do a lot anyway
confirmed within CT web site

dongonzalos

The BPA "deal" was only on the table if he sold his control of the lease. It came out in a meeting at CRFC. It was never really likely anyway but once it came out that was that.

We were never offered any "deal" before going to northampton.

There is one thing that is saving us from bring booted out all together and that is not changing for the foreseeable future.

Should have signed up back then.
Compared to begging Wasps

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/TALKS...+ON+DEAL;+Ricoh+bosses+say+Sky...-a0318815968

Users who are viewing this thread