City fans not as friendly at Brentford as at Sixfields? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

If this actually happened how stupid is he to walk into a pub full of City fans? To be honest it's shocked me he hasn't had more hassle at Sixfields but if he's casually walked into a pub on an away day expecting everyone to be happy to have a nice chat he's crazier than any of us ever thought.

cov1987

If fisher was so dim to walk into a pub with city fans in he deserves everything he gets as with feelings running so high to what he as done to our club for me he got away lightly.

letsallsingtogether

Yes they should have tied a ribbon to his car and pegged him..:)

If fisher was so dim to walk into a pub with city fans in he deserves everything he gets as with feelings running so high to what he as done to our club for me he got away lightly.

wingy

Was not at the game today but just had a text that Mr Fisher had beer thrown at him by City fans in a pub in Brentford lucky to get out apparantly and looked petrified. Can anyone confirm this and by the way I hate the guy but wouldn't condone violence against him.

Nah i reckon It would be the famous twist + Shout beer throwing melee repeating Itself ,Officer.

Snozz_is_god

Didn't see it, didn't hear anything of it before this post.

Either way, no one can condone this behaviour, surely.

I bet most of us aren't liked much by our customers now and again, but wouldn't want them to go throwing things at us?

He couldn't give a toss about us, I can't give a toss about him, I wish someone had thrown the barrel at him.

Rusty Trombone

Mindless violence is never acceptable,particularly alcohol fueled violence.

It wasn't mindless by the sounds of it, it appears it was thought about whilst he popped into the toilet. There's no evidence that this was fuelled by alcohol, there's many that would do this without having had a drink.

edgy

So the guy gives out a compliment, heads for as piss and gets a chair chucked at him? Those who condone this, hangs your heads in shame. Another embarssing episode.

Rusty Trombone

So the guy gives out a compliment, heads for as piss and gets a chair chucked at him? Those who condone this, hangs your heads in shame. Another embarssing episode.

Sounds like he was being a patronising fool, he should hang his head in shame.

skybluetony176

i see one guy on GMK was so disgusted (his words) by an act off violence against Timmy he would have quite happily committed an act of violence against the perpetrator. that's the logic of the average GMKer for ya

Astute

Like 'hope to see you all in Northampton' ?

How can he take part in ripping our club apart and expect everyone to not give a shit? Is it the first time he has braved an away day and gone in a pub?

Sky Blue Pete

I noticed that but then his actions would have been justified but it's ok for a bloke who doesn't give a toss about our football club to destroy it

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Violence can't be condoned in any context. I'm equal handed across the board here; just as I detested the overly physical response by the orange jacketed morons when the protests began at The Ricoh.

But I have to ask; what was Fisher thinking of? Again, the alleged violence was wrong, but surely it was a risky possibility under the circumstances?!?

Nick

Administrator
Violence can't be condoned in any context. I'm equal handed across the board here; just as I detested the overly physical response by the orange jacketed morons when the protests began at The Ricoh.

But I have to ask; what was Fisher thinking of? Again, the alleged violence was wrong, but surely it was a risky possibility under the circumstances?!?

Exactly, either got lots of bottle or is a bit special.

ccfcway

do i condone violence, NO
do i condone moving us 35 miles away and thinking fans wouldn't react ,NO

surely thats the same as Fisher ?

dongonzalos

Got some balls to stroll into a pub full of city fans

I would suggest a lack of understanding about the frustration he has caused to Coventry fans firstly through the poor decision making. Secondly by not explaining satisfactorily the rationale behind the poor decisions.

To walk into such pub really shows a complete lack of understanding at how upset people are.

dongonzalos

Exactly, either got lots of bottle or is a bit special.

I would say no bottle but he is completely detached from reality.
From what I hear about Sixfields he is hardly getting an exposure to the genuine anger felt from most Cov fans.
Overtime he has probably became complacent. The anger some feel to the decisions he has put his face to is actually very intense.
When has he faced Cov fans other than Sixfields?

Last edited:

ccfc_Tom

I would suggest a lack of understanding about the frustration he has caused to Coventry fans firstly through the poor decision making. Secondly by not explaining satisfactorily the rationale behind the poor decisions.

To walk into such pub really shows a complete lack of understanding at how upset people are.
Well according to him he'd had death threats sent to him and had to ring the police when he was approached by hooded figures at ryton. So no understanding is no excuse, just a patronising wanker.

NortonSkyBlue

Violence is not the answer, and never is, but some people have it coming to them and this bunch fall in to that category.

Astute

I wonder if he will blame ACL or the Sky Blue Trust for organising it?

Lorksalordy

Did it definitely happen ? Not seen anything other than posts here and GMK and would have thought CET etc would have been onto it.
If it did can't condone but would have to question his judgement. Who would have thought he would have mis-judged the mood of his customers after his track record of perception and empathy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread