City fans not as friendly at Brentford as at Sixfields? (2 Viewers)

Astute

Did it definitely happen ? Not seen anything other than posts here and GMK and would have thought CET etc would have been onto it.
If it did can't condone but would have to question his judgement. Who would have thought he would have mis-judged the mood of his customers after his track record perception and empathy.

Question his judgement?

Nothing new then.

bigfatronssba

I wonder did he threaten the perpetrators with death by mauling from his dog again?

thaiskyblue

It just show's again why sisu should not run a football club their sheer arrogance or ignorance towards how fans feel about their club is disturbing, will they ever learn, your not in the "city ", i'm only surprised this has not happened sooner. Sisu out before there's nothing left of this club..

Flying Fokker

Exactly, either got lots of bottle or is a bit special.

His regard for city fans is evident. Taking the club away from Coventry is arrogant. In this case, anger boiled up because he doesn't know the fans. We are at a stage where we will do stupid and irrational things to match the stupidity of his actions. What was he thinking about?

Grendel

Leave Joy out of it.

Ah a derogatory reference to a female. I'm sure that those that made references to Natalie cox and her gender and also our council leader will be straight onto you for this one

Surprised you weren't defending RFC yesterday when the pack of wolves were savaging him.

Grendel

He wants to be grateful if it did happen that he was able to walk out and not carried.

Why should he be grateful? The perpetrator should be dealt with in a court of law.

torchomatic

Godiva

So everybody want to ask TF questions. He turns up and what happens?
I'd say he has a lot more courage than any keyboard warrior.

If this is published in any newspaper what would the neutral reader think?
I don't think we will gain much sympathy and it will be even more difficult to enlist outside help in the future.
This looks like just another piece of evidence that football fans are simple hooligans.

Chez78

The first thread of the day and it's cheered me up no end, the fat smug twat has had it coming for ages.

Lorksalordy

We still have the small matter of did this actually happen ? Would have expected CET to be reporting if there was any substance to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

I don't think we will gain much sympathy and it will be even more difficult to enlist outside help in the future.
This looks like just another piece of evidence that football fans are simple hooligans.

So if he turned up to answer questions why don't he answer them away from games?

Godiva

So if he turned up to answer questions why don't he answer them away from games?

I don't know if does or doesn't. Have you sent him a mail with questions or asking for a meeting?

Anyway, that's deflection - or spin - it has nothing to do with what happened yesterday (if true).

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Don't be do damn patronising. If he feels he now wants to answer questions, he should arrange a forum, just like his sidekick promised, and then withdrew from. Ambling into a pub full of pissed punters isn't laying himself open to an intellectual joust on the finer points of their forward thinking

Rusty Trombone

I'm not sure the people that have been wanting answers to questions were the same ones he met in the pub. I doubt he turned up for a quick Q & A session.

Papers put plenty of spin to satisfy their readers, so depends what's written. It may read 'Supporters manage restrain against the man who has helped ruin their club, despite being patronised by being called the best fans in the world'.

Godiva

Don't be do damn patronising. If he feels he now wants to answer questions, he should arrange a forum, just like his sidekick promised, and then withdrew from. Ambling into a pub full of pissed punters isn't laying himself open to an intellectual joust on the finer points of their forward thinking

You are assuming they were all drunk to a degree they had lost all intellectual abilities?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You are assuming they were all drunk to a degree they had lost all intellectual abilities?

They were in a pub. QED, they were liable to have been 'refreshing' themselves. If he wants to answer questions, you know there's an appropriate forum for it, and an adhoc pub visit isn't it.

In fact, the more I think it through, the more I see a touch of that which inspired Marie Antointette about it all

skybluetony176

They were in a pub. QED, they were liable to have been 'refreshing' themselves. If he wants to answer questions, you know there's an appropriate forum for it, and an adhoc pub visit isn't it.

In fact, the more I think it through, the more I see a touch of that which inspired Marie Antointette about it all

ML: There is no league status left.

TF: Well let them watch non league football Instead.

Is that what you had in mind;-)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Oooo! I'm so angry with Fisher he makes me want to stamp my foot, and stick my tongue out at him!

Godiva

If you read carefully what I said it was about the fans wanting answers. Not about him wanting to give answers.
The point is - here was the chance to ask questions and get some answers. Instead people turned violent. So that kind of indicate that people don't want answers, they want to fight.

And btw - sure there are the usual one or two who gets really drunk after a game, but most are fully capable to behave and stay civilized.

thaiskyblue

When has that arrogant puppet of seppela listened before, he he is an arrogant git who should know that him being there ( if he was ), would be inflamertry, don't be so nieve Godiva.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

If you read carefully what I said it was about the fans wanting answers. Not about him wanting to give answers.
The point is - here was the chance to ask questions and get some answers. Instead people turned violent. So that kind of indicate that people don't want answers, they want to fight.

And btw - sure there are the usual one or two who gets really drunk after a game, but most are fully capable to behave and stay civilized.

It's indicative they are angry. And rightly so. And they see Fisher as prime instigator in that. In a minority, that anger will always spill over into violence. And it did.

You shouldn't be either surprised, or patronising

Chez78

Just what kind of outside help are you expecting to arrive, I couldn't give a monkeys what any neutral reader thought of it they're not exactly queuing up to help us are they.

After what he and his organisation have done to the club my only surprise is that he got away that lightly, and as for talking with Tim we've told him what we think and guess what he don't give a crap. Football fans aren't hooligans they are just sick of corrupt business men raping the clubs they have supported all their lives, this has been coming for a long time

skybluepm2

This has appeared to have brought a huge difference of opinion between fans on here.

I say hats off to that man and given the pain and heartache Fishcake is responsible for (even if he is to some extent only the mouthpiece), to literally thousands and thousands of people, he's got away lightly with a pint of lager thrown over him.

However, this is the limit and I wouldn't condone any level of physical violence.

I'm pretty sure he hates us deep down and his patronising arrogance certainly needs to be brought down a few levels.

Did he have his dog with him?

Godiva

It's indicative they are angry. And rightly so. And they see Fisher as prime instigator in that. In a minority, that anger will always spill over into violence. And it did.

You shouldn't be either surprised, or patronising

I am not surprised about the incident - that could easily happen.
I am however surprised that not many on this thread clearly state that violence is wrong. I am often accused for making excuses for anything the owners or the management does, this time it seems to me that people here are making excuses for violent behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread