Club shop window will come alive! (1 Viewer)

keiranmbellis

Facebook User
I read something that mentioned a hint, and took that as the scalf hanging on the hook?? I like a good solid sky blue over one with white or navy stripes. Dreaming we go back to the egg timer shirt one day..

gouldberg

That announcer at the ground said it was the nicest kit he's seen for 15 years....and the kit 15 years ago was the light blue/dark blue stripes. Personally my favourite home kit is the 1997/98 Home kit with the same stripe pattern as the year before but with the Coventry crest design filling the front. I'd be very happy if that was brought back.

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Didn't Joe Elliott say it was the nicest kit he's seen in the 50 years he's supported Cov!? Or did I dream that? haha

It'll be interesting watching the window take shape as the weeks go on!

MatthewWallis

the way the scarf is hanging maybe it will be hoops :D ive been wanting them for yearss, and this year was the closest to them since i started wanting them.

Or....

with the old balls and old pictures on the wall, maybe we are going for an old school style kit

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Chocolate brown away kit. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!! ;)

Pigeon

I think were going Old School next season then. Quite exciting, well done to who ever thought of it at the club.:)

ajsccfc

I like how the kits in the 1800s have the tag 'Various knickers probably worn'

Nothing like wondering whether players are going commando.

Jimthor

From looking at the hint photo and the historical kits site I am thinking 1919 - 1922.

Or maybe they'll go with the collared/buttoned style of the England World Cup 2010 kit, with a 1948-51 0r 1952-57 design from the historical kits site. Think that'll be nice!

Actually getting quite excited to see what they come up with haha

MatthewWallis

hang on....

didn't we sign a 5 year deal with Puma and this seasons kit was the 5th one they have made, so when did we sign an extension with them or is next season our last one with Puma???

KarmicChris

As far as i know it's still with Puma, vaguely remember something when we signed a deal with City Link Puma said they were carrying on. Might be completley wrong though. But yeah I really don't see why we all get excited about kits. Course people are gonna say it's the best thing since sliced bread, we need the bloody money. We'll have another generic Puma design i think. But have a look at this... http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Coventry_City/Coventry_City.htm to see what the kit looked like 50 years ago. If it's like this we'll need to change our wesbite name I think. Don't see much Sky Blue on that!

ajsccfc

As far as i know it's still with Puma, vaguely remember something when we signed a deal with City Link Puma said they were carrying on. Might be completley wrong though.
It's still Puma yeah, there was mention of them when they first ran the article with Joe Elliott's 'best kit ever!' spiel.

rob9872

display cancelled :eek:

sky_blue_up_north

Looks quite nice from what I can see

Jimthor

When i first saw it i thought this was showing a white shirt with a blue ribbon, but looking at the entire rest of the kit being white, i think they're gonna gradually remove the white to reveal the rest of the kit.
I was hoping for a collar much like the England World Cup shirt had, so shame that's not there. But i'm pleased the City Link logo is in white this time!

ccfcway

here's the thread i should have commented on the kit on, as opposed to creating my own which got deleted

and I though GMK were strict

Users who are viewing this thread