Club superstore Launch (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Find it very fucking distasteful they've got that many shirts and havent fulfilled pre orders

We'll we know what to do next season. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
Ā 

chiefdave

most of our merch is trash isn't it?

plain teeshirts/hoodies with huge logos on the front. i could get one of those made from Coventry Market for Ā£2
Hopefully changes coming. There's been a few jobs advertised that have pretty much said that side of things is shit and needs sorting
Ā 

chiefdave

Just seen a tweet from someone saying they should not have let people buy the shirt until the pre-orders are fully out šŸ˜‚
Let's be honest, a decent chunk of the people giving the club shit for having stock in the club store would also be giving them shit if they opened the new store without stock

There were already people revving up on here with 'bet they've got no shirts at the opening' type posts
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
I hate to be annoying but it doesn't work quite like that.

If you buy something online from Sports Direct, they can't go into the store to send it off. Different types of stock.

It's annoying and Doug will explain that tomorrow.

Yeah exactly, it will be from the provider whoever it is now since the last ones went bust. Online orders will be from them. It isn't the store sending them out.
Ā 

pusbccfc

Yeah exactly, it will be from the provider whoever it is now since the last ones went bust. Online orders will be from them. It isn't the store sending them out.

Absolutely. Different batches.
Ā 

Saddlebrains

Let's be honest, a decent chunk of the people giving the club shit for having stock in the club store would also be giving them shit if they opened the new store without stock

There were already people revving up on here with 'bet they've got no shirts at the opening' type posts

Dont see what was wrong with the store we had tbh, its not like we had decent clobber to fill it with is it?
Ā 

hamertime

The staff in there could do with a crash course in customer service. I havenā€™t seen one smile in years, they actually look angry is you need any help.

If I see any Coventry City screen wash in there Iā€™m walking straight out.
Ā 

shepardo01

Would have happily done it for you mate but the link they sent me to register didn't work until it was already sold out. Sorry pal šŸ™
Cheers mate, much appreciated -A very very kind member on here offered me their ticket at fairly late notice as they couldn't make it. I'll post my views on a separate post! See you on Saturday!
Ā 

shepardo01

So, just home after a very kind poster donated their ticket - thank you!!
A bit underwhelmed to be honest.
Managed to get in at about 6:45 on a 7pm ticket. Offered prosecco and pastries on way in. Nice. (Had an orange juice)

Robins left at around 7, so the second lot wouldn't have seen him. No players in attendance either. (That I saw)
Both Kings about - Doug, smart - will, like he'd fell off his barge.
Wasn't that busy.

Store was nice, not as big as I thought it would be, and still very limited stock of Hummel merchandise. (Training/travel etc)
Personalisation done there and then. Few people in the special booth working very hard - I was however warned on checking out, if I wanted it done, to get it sooner rather than later as 'they usually run out of letters".

If these shirts have come from the same batch of goods from the now famous "truck", the following may be an issue to fulfill pre-orders.
No long sleeved shirts.
No adult shorts.
Very very limited supply of kids shorts. Only 12 yrs and 14 yrs.
Large numbers of pretty common sizes though.

Got my kids their shirts (and socks!)... but no bloody shorts!

Thank you again (you know who you are!) to the very kind person who donated their ticket.
Ā 

Terry Gibson's perm

Oā€™Hare and Allen were there but went after a quarter and hour somebody said, a lot of people must have had tickets but not gone as we got in early and it wasnā€™t rammed.

One shirt Wright
One bed sheet
One pair of trousers
Ā 

CCFC54321

The staff in there could do with a crash course in customer service. I havenā€™t seen one smile in years, they actually look angry is you need any help.

I went in there last season and asked when the item was going to be next in stock. ā€œDunno.ā€ was replyā€¦when I asked if anyone knows got a ā€œNot sure

Now Iā€™d have thought that morning the staff would have had a five minute start up to advise what stocking issues they are having when stock is expected in etc as basic customer service.

I know their on chicken feed but itā€™s basics Iā€™m talking about here.

I honestly donā€™t know what they actually do?
Ā 

Hobo

If the club is to grow it has to across the board not just first team players (like fans expect).

The whole infrastructure has to grow. How many season ticket holders did we have in Birmingham? We now have 19,000. That ups the game for the ticket office, the club shop, catering, corporate....

Remember King has only been here since January. We didn't have a contract at the CBS, Wembley prolonged the season giving us potentially two entirely different incomes and outgoings. Ryton was falling apart. Hummel and Ticketmaster are both shit in my opinion and it is not the first time they have left us waiting. It sounds like he walked into a lot of closed minds on how the club needed to be run due to the policies of the previous owners (common on any takeover).

There is a lot to sort out. Nothing ever happens overnight and he won't get every decision right. He has already shown he can be flexible and review things.

If your son or daughter hasn't received a pre ordered shirt for their birthday, I am sorry because they will be disappointed. But some of the adults need to stop acting like the petulant child and explain things to them. It won't be the last time the realities of life disappoints them.
Ā 
Last edited:

Evo1883

Just been up and got the daughter an away training top , it's a nice shop .. what a will say is the movement of away fans should surely be on the cards ? If not then could pose some issues
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
If your son or daughter hasn't received a pre ordered shirt for their birthday, I am sorry because they will be disappointed. But some of the adults need to stop acting like the petulant child and explain things to them. It won't be the last time the realities of life disappoints them.

Amen.
Ā 

Flying Fokker

If the club is to grow it has to across the board not just first team players (like fans expect).

The whole infrastructure has to grow. How many season ticket holders did we have in Birmingham? We now have 19,000. That ups the game for the ticket office, the club shop, catering, corporate....

Remember King has only been here since January. We didn't have a contract at the CBS, Wembley prolonged the season giving us potentially two entirely different incomes and outgoings. Ryton was falling apart. Hummel and Ticketmaster are both shit in my opinion and it is not the first time they have left us waiting. It sounds like he walked into a lot of closed minds on how the club needed to be run due to the policies of the previous owners (common on any takeover).

There is a lot to sort out. Nothing ever happens overnight and he won't get every decision right. He has already shown he can be flexible and review things.

Birmingham? Did we play there? Difficult to run any business from a car boot. Sixfields and St. Andrews. Now there is an example of how not to run a business.

Donā€™t mention the Father Christmas. Itā€™s a tough world out there!
Ā 

Bad Boy

Don't start me off with this one again.

I posted a similar one to yours hamertime a while ago and boy was I put in my place with comments such as 'if you pay people poorly then what do you expect' or words to that effect!

Mmmmm, that's all well and good until these enlightened cleverer people than me experience poor customer service themselves.
Ā 

clint van damme

Birmingham? Did we play there? Difficult to run any business from a car boot. Sixfields and St. Andrews. Now there is an example of how not to run a business.

Donā€™t mention the Father Christmas. Itā€™s a tough world out there!

What a load of fucking tripe!
Life has a habit of bending you over and doing you with a strap on so get used to taking it and don't moan, absolute bollocks.
Ā 

matesx

Life has a habit of bending you over and doing you with a strap on

not in my life it certainly hasnt!! ... but i live in hope
Ā 

Nick

Administrator
What a load of fucking tripe!
Life has a habit of bending you over and doing you with a strap on so get used to taking it and don't moan, absolute bollocks.

Think it's more what people tell the kids and try to get them worked up too.
Ā 

OldBedrocker

I understand Kids will be disappointed not getting their shirts especially if itā€™s for their birthday,but fully grown men whinging about a bit of rag is pathetic.
People are not ā€œwhinging about a ragā€ it is the piss poor customer service and fact that they have had the money for 6 weeks with not a peep from the club apart from bullshit excuses
Ā 

ajsccfc

If you pre-order something and you're waiting longer than people walking into a shop and picking it up that is shit and worthy of complaint regardless of if you're too old to squeeze into polyester or whatever else. How you vocalise that complaint is another thing, screaming in reply to a club tweet advertising a deal on Carabao multipacks probably isn't the way to go
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread