Colchester (Home) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

coop

JOB not in scunny team today could he have been recalled or is he injured.

MatthewWallis

If Burton beat Milwall later and we win tomorrow then we're 3 points off 6th and 5th and there is 2 places to potentially play for instead of just 6th.

I know deep down it will not happen especially with how we've been, but a part of me can't stop thinking that we're gonna get in the play offs still.

That being said, we'll probably lost 1-0 tomorrow :D

steve82

We were never gonna catch Barnsley as they have a favourable run in. In my eyes only millwall and gillingham are catchable as we can take pts from they and dent there hopes and momentum. Only issue is we desperately need momentum.
Tomorrow is clearly do or die... And I'm not confident. Colchester score goals even when they loose. Our goals have dried up.
Need our luck to start tonight with a millwall loss or draw

Sky Blue Harry H

Going to watch this 100% cold sober (may be a quick one before kick off!)

Really hope he goes brave and attacks these with Jones, Murphy and Tudgay (and Sambou and George Thomas on bench at least). need a break as the longer we are drawing/behind the atmosphere will be like a morgue. Need an attacking positive display to get the faithful few going. Last chance saloon to keep the season alive.

johnwillomagic

Well after results today not that we thought any differently we HAVE to win tomorrow and hope.
I am not confident but if you have play off ambitions you have to beat 23rd placed team at home!

Need Burton to do us a favour and we need to beat Milwall and Gills when we meet head to head.

Hope we can keep it alive with three points tomorrow......:eek:

You'll Never Beat McPake

I thing the attendance will be less than 8000 tomorrow with the England game on tv. Can't see many travelling from Colchester either. Small crowd might work in our favour? Just need Burton to do us a favour against Millwall. PUSB

Otis

I thing the attendance will be less than 8000 tomorrow with the England game on tv. Can't see many travelling from Colchester either. Small crowd might work in our favour? Just need Burton to do us a favour against Millwall. PUSB
Oh yep, forgot England were playing.

Millwall win tonight and it will be even less.

steve82

Ticket prices for this game should of been £10 for adults to try and get numbers in. Kids for free or a pound is good for a Saturday but not a Tuesday night when England play.
Record low for this season expected

Gazolba

Three strikers (Tudgay, Thomas, Sambou) from the very start all-out attack. Of course, Mowbray would never dare. We'll scrape a 2-1 win somehow.

Terry Gibson's perm

Nothing to really play for now 3v0 win is the new midfielder available tomorrow if he is please get Fleck out the side.

Otis

Nothing to really play for now 3v0 win is the new midfielder available tomorrow if he is please get Fleck out the side.
We need to see the Bulgar in operation. So am hoping he is in. If Fleck is off, as soon as is humanly possible he needs to be dropped and replaced.

steve82

Team
------------------RCC------------------
Lorenztson --Martin--Stephens --Ricketts
----------vincelot -----Fleck------------
Murphy --------Lameires -----------Cole
-----------------Tudgay-----------------

Addai Phillips Hunt Bigirimana Jones sambou G Thomas
Based on stokes, Rose, Henderson MAF and Maddison injured and no Armstrong.
Cole will start but depending how the game plays out Jones will come on off the bench again. Bulgarian Gadzhev won't feature also as TM has basically said its too soon to risk him.
Cannot call this one, Colchester score goals and have shown plenty of fight and desire and we played reasonable against Peterborough 1st half tho toothless up front, may well be a draw, no good for both teams. a gate of less than 8k tonight.

Last edited:

Otis

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones got a start. Things beginning to look desperate now.

steve82

I wouldn't be surprised if Jones got a start. Things beginning to look desperate now.

No room for any changes tonight, tho a switch of formation could bring some but I doubt were gonna switch from a 4231.

Otis

I am very interested to see how George Moncur does tonight. Would guess if Colchester go down he might want a move away.

Always looked impressive when I have seen him play.

steve82

I am very interested to see how George Moncur does tonight. Would guess if Colchester go down he might want a move away.

Always looked impressive when I have seen him play.

Scores some good goals he does, be a better option to fleck also

Users who are viewing this thread