Colchester (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

rcc
lorentsken
martin
stephens
rcikeets
fleck
vincelot
murphy
cole
jones
tudgay

would be my preffered team. would like to see lameries on pitch at some point too

3 or 4 nil win. i believe

Skyblueweeman

I just want 3 points to cheer me up and stop the rot. I don't care who plays, what formation or whether it's the most boring game ever.

We just need to get those 3 points.

steve82

------------------RCC--------------------
----Lorenztson--Martin--Stephens -----
-Phillips---------vincelot---------Hunt-
--------Murphy--Lameires--Cole--------
------------------Tudgay----------------

Something different to try to get Ricketts out the team and keep a balance still.
A 352 style with Phillips and Hunt as wingbacks, vincelot as a engine and can also protect the back 3 if we're overloaded on a break. Gives us some flexibility all over while still fluid up top using the most of lameires passing range.

covcity4life

lol we have hardly any CB'S and you want to play 3 at back. and then you want to drop 1 of the only cb's we have?!

LB87ccfc

RCC
Lortezson
Stephens
Martin
Hunt

Vincelot
Fleck

Jones
Cole
Murphy

Tudgay

Ricketts will get murdered by Massey if he plays left back.

Need to win dont care how or who scores, just win the game.

steve82

lol we have hardly any CB'S and you want to play 3 at back. and then you want to drop 1 of the only cb's we have?!

Yeah, anything to get rid of his poor defensive displays and gifting free headers at set pieces. And he's not a natural centre back anyway.

ccfcmad1

Club tweeted they expect crowd between 10-11k, Done well if we get anything like that cant see Colchester bringing many at all but more importantly get the win city!!!

Hi all, I find an interesting results predictor which shows the final league standing.

A win tonight is a must and gaining some momentum, it looks like 15 points from the remaining wouldn't be enough wouldnt be enough, who knows what could happen, Tony Mowbray managed to get the job done at the tail end before ☺ .... PUSB !

The predictor is :

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
3 -1 win, i think we can do this less confident on a clean sheet than a win lol

oucho

Yes, a win tonight, which has to be highly probable and it's all to play for on Sat. Win again at Gills and the race really is wide open again, and we have momentum. Other teams will drop points - after all, we're playing lots of them!

That said, if we lose or draw tonight I think it's too long a shot.

Otis

Yes, a win tonight, which has to be highly probable and it's all to play for on Sat. Win again at Gills and the race really is wide open again, and we have momentum. Other teams will drop points - after all, we're playing lots of them!

That said, if we lose or draw tonight I think it's too long a shot.
Quite possible I would say, rather than highly probable.

Colchester do ship in a lot of goals, but then we aren't scoring any and our home form has gone completely to pot.

Last 6 home games just 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses. And then our away form is dreadful too.

Hardly fills you with confidence does it.

I think it will be a draw. Crossing my fingers anyway, because I fear it could be defeat.

A draw would be okay if we play well enough.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Hi all, I find an interesting results predictor which shows the final league standing.

A win tonight is a must and gaining some momentum, it looks like 15 points from the remaining wouldn't be enough wouldnt be enough, who knows what could happen, Tony Mowbray managed to get the job done at the tail end before ☺ .... PUSB !

The predictor is :

http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php

I posted that on another thread about a week ago. Unfortunately since then the results have been even worse than expected!

covcity4life

Think its about 5 isnt it?

Although you could get there at 7.43 and get angry that you miss some of the match?

why would i want to do that? i dont even leave my seat to get a beer

or are you poking fun those that moan at club all time? would be funny if come from someone else,but you must be on sisu wage bill because you bring that sorta stuff up 247

Nantwich Skyblues

1Wigan46+4093
2Burton Albion46+2491
3Walsall46+2887
4Millwall46+1977
5Bradford46+975
6Gillingham46+1873
7Barnsley46+1173
8Coventry46+2171
9Rochdale46+871
10Scunthorpe46+969

MY PREDICTION DIDN'T DO GOAL DIFFERENCE

oucho

Quite possible I would say, rather than highly probable.

Colchester do ship in a lot of goals, but then we aren't scoring any and our home form has gone completely to pot.

Last 6 home games just 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses. And then our away form is dreadful too.

Hardly fills you with confidence does it.

I think it will be a draw. Crossing my fingers anyway, because I fear it could be defeat.

A draw would be okay if we play well enough.

What a cheery optimist you are!

Otis

What a cheery optimist you are!
I am incredibly optimistic. Always been a glass half full person.

Sometimes though you have to accept reality when it comes along and smacks you hard in the face with a wet kipper!

I posted that on another thread about a week ago. Unfortunately since then the results have been even worse than expected!
☺ I didn't realise it is just something I found on Friday afternoon (still full of hope and optimism then)

Obviously things have taken a big swing now and 5 wins from 8 which seems impossible given current former. 5 wins and 3 draws draw would do it but does appear to be over currently unless of course a couple of teams free fall and we beat everyone above us

dongonzalos

He won't do it but I would
........,,,,,,,,,RCC
Ricketts Stephens Martin Hunt
.............Fleck.... Vincelot .......
Jones.....................,,,,,,,,,,Murphy
....,,,,,....Cole or Maddison

..................Armstrong

Total football all out attack

Otis

☺ I didn't realise it is just something I found on Friday afternoon (still full of hope and optimism then)

Obviously things have taken a big swing now and 5 wins from 8 which seems impossible given current former. 5 wins and 3 draws draw would do it but does appear to be over currently unless of course a couple of teams free fall and we beat everyone above us

Well that's the thing. It's not only an upturn in our fortunes we need, it is other teams having to have a bad run too.

Well that's the thing. It's not only an upturn in our fortunes we need, it is other teams having to have a bad run too.
True, extremely unlikely. When the results aren't going well it's difficult to see improvement and when we were flying I really thought this was our year. Because of who our games are against (the teams directly around us) the table has the potential to be massively different in 3 games.

Momentum is what is needed and I fear we have ran out of time to just tighten up and work on getting a positive result. A comprehensive / comfortable win tonight would keep slim hopes alive. I saw a stat yesterday about Barnsley form only bettered by juventus and 1 other side (Bayern possibly). The thing about form is it has to end some time. Then again I thought Burton would have a bad run .... still waiting for that one

smileycov

Facebook User
He won't do it but I would
........,,,,,,,,,RCC
Ricketts Stephens Martin Hunt
.............Fleck.... Vincelot .......
Jones.....................,,,,,,,,,,Murphy
....,,,,,....Cole or Maddison

..................Armstrong

Total football all out attack

he wont do it......Armstrong isn't available and madders is injured i thought?

tom88

I think from now til the end of the season we should play Burtons Formation (Really go for it)

Try tonight with the following team

----------RCC

Loretszon----Martin---Stephens---Ricketts

--------------------Vincelot-------------------

Cole---------Lameires-------Fleck------Murphy

-----------------------Fortune

brez

No news on injuries, fortune, Henderson. Rose, madders, all carrying knocks the other day.

Otis

True, extremely unlikely. When the results aren't going well it's difficult to see improvement and when we were flying I really thought this was our year. Because of who our games are against (the teams directly around us) the table has the potential to be massively different in 3 games.

Momentum is what is needed and I fear we have ran out of time to just tighten up and work on getting a positive result. A comprehensive / comfortable win tonight would keep slim hopes alive. I saw a stat yesterday about Barnsley form only bettered by juventus and 1 other side (Bayern possibly). The thing about form is it has to end some time. Then again I thought Burton would have a bad run .... still waiting for that one

Yep, agree on Barnsley. Of course, very interesting to note, Bradford have already overtaken them. I think Barnsley may well possibly fade and maybe their run came just a little too early (though they needed to coming from right down the other end of the table).

Bradford have hit form at the right time and are going to be very difficult for anyone to catch I reckon.

Yep, agree on Barnsley. Of course, very interesting to note, Bradford have already overtaken them. I think Barnsley may well possibly fade and maybe their run came just a little too early (though they needed to coming from right down the other end of the table).

Bradford have hit form at the right time and are going to be very difficult for anyone to catch I reckon.
Yeah I know what you mean regarding form at the right time.... who knows we may even win 5 in a row In the run in to finish our season off.....

Then it would be a shit sandwich

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread