Confirmed northampton (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

I will probably go too :)

Do you not care about what this does to fellow fans who can't go?? Can you not forgo your own needs for the greater good? A Ccfc without Sisu holdings involvement??

Sky Blue Pete

how many times have the fans who will continue to go been told we are not loyal and we will be the death of the club?

I will be going to the home games.. I love this club but SISU will not let it go beause even with 3k fans goin to home games they are probably still in a better position next season than they were at home at the Ricoh we will have access to some of the matchday revenue at northampton i am sure and how much will the rent be? something managable.. not that the dispute with ACL was mainly about rent it was the lack of revenue that stadium and that deal provided the club..

you can blame SISU all you want but when they took over the revenue streams werent that important (because FFP wasnt on the cards) they could put money in to bring players in which they did season on season until the relegation season where they were preparing the club for FFP.

I am not a SISU lover or SISU hater.. but anyone who was in charge of this club from that point to now wouldve been in this situation because ACL and the Council were not prepared to negotiate..

I love this club season ticket holder for the best part of 20 years.. and i will continue to support the club (not SISU)
Would love to see your household budget if you think Sisu will be better off at six fields than the Ricoh. Factually ignorant statement unfortunately! Even Tim who is relaxed about truth knows the funding will need to increase massively during the next 3 years!!

Nick

Administrator
Do you not care about what this does to fellow fans who can't go?? Can you not forgo your own needs for the greater good? A Ccfc without Sisu holdings involvement??

Why would it be the greater good? If I wanted to go and watch City in Northampton or Paris I would do it. I like to watch football, I don't like politics or finance. I wouldn't be able to go every week, but I would certainly go a couple of times IF it does happen.

torchomatic

Agree, he shouldn't call people who don't go disloyal. Similarly idiots like Valiant shouldn't call those who choose to go "fucking scabs".

Loyal fans?? What an inflamatory and idiotic thing to say at a time when so many are absolutely gutted and downright fuming at the prospect of moving our club out of our city for many years, possibly never to return. You don't seem to give a toss...Can I ask are you from/do you live in Coventry? Your posts reek of having no affinity with the place at all.

Owlish52

Reading fan here, shocked and distressed at what the :censored: SISU :censored: have done to your proud club. While I know it seems a thin thread, I am very hopeful that the FL will recognize the disrepute that SISU's actions have brought on the FL and find that SISU in no form or fashion is suitable to hold membership in the FL. If they recognize this (to me at least) obvious fact, a new owner can be found that can help CCFC recover from the plague that has been SISU, get back to the Ricoh and moving in the right direction again. Best of luck to CCFC and it's devoted fans from Texas!

valiant15

Agree, he shouldn't call people who don't go disloyal. Similarly idiots like Valiant shouldn't call those who choose to go "fecking scabs".

That's because they are. Your hedgefund heroes have shafted you haven't they lol. That must be hard to take from a spoilt boy like yourself.

torchomatic

I don't suppose you're too bothered. I presume you'll be able to go to more EDL rallies?

That's because they are. Your hedgefund heroes have shafted you haven't they lol. That must be hard to take from a spoilt boy like yourself.

James Smith

Why would it be the greater good? If I wanted to go and watch City in Northampton or Paris I would do it. I like to watch football, I don't like politics or finance. I wouldn't be able to go every week, but I would certainly go a couple of times IF it does happen.
The Greater Good

(Sorry watched Hot Fuzz last night. I'm feeling a bit depressed now and felt a bit of humour was needed on here)

Sky Blue Pete

No future as a club with Sisu involvement and you would be propping that up I think. Just interested in your opinion as I respect it

valiant15

No future as a club with Sisu involvement and you would be propping that up I think. Just interested in your opinion as I respect it
Some people are selfish though and only think of themselves. This club will quite possibly be non league in a couple of seasons.

torchomatic

So the person who said they want their team to lose is accusing others of being "selfish"? :facepalm:

Some people are selfish though and only think of themselves. This club will quite possibly be non league in a couple of seasons.

nellyc56

Was the possibility of sharing with Cov RUFC ever explored? Yeah I know its only 3000 capacity but hell it would be hard earned cash pumped back into the city and also CCFC still playing in Cov. Are we really expecting more than 3000 loyal supporters to travel 70miles to watch their team in another town?...nah, hopefully Im wrong but Id rather see 3000 Coventry supporters in Cov watching the sky blues!!

FFS, the 9th largest city in England and no football team playing in it....shame on you SISU/Otium/ACL/CCC! You all need to listen to the legend Snoz

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23176539

..feel his pain and think..."yeah, we f**ked up here..." and get it sorted - Rant over!

#PUSB

korntony

OK...

at the Ricoh this season average atendance of 10973... do we expect to maintain that this season with campaigns running left, right and centre asking 'Loyal' fans to stay away. I would guess at best 7-8k next season with average ticket prices being about £15 given juniors/senior discounts.. so we have roughly £120k per match equalling roughly £3.1mill in a season (about 26 home matches with potential cup games) of which £1.2mill is paid in rent leaving £1.9mill roughly. then on top of that the club have to pay £20k per match in match days costs (admitted by ACL that these costs were paid prior to each home match last season and they DID NOT include this to be discounted from the owed rent.. totalling another £520000 so that leaves us with roughly £1.4mill based soley on (ticket sales + matchday revenue) - (rent + matchday costs).

sooo at sixfields attendance 3-4k again with average ticket price of £15 totalling at the high end £60000 per match and 1.56mill ish over a season with a monthly rent of 10k to be roughly 'inline with other league one clubs' a total of £120k in a season leaving us £1.44mill over the season.. then we can take away matchday costs which will be massively reduced given the size of the stadium (and the need for ALOT less stewards due to reduced attendance)and the fact that northampton will maintain their pitch so what 5k per a match?? so another £130k leaving us with £1.31mill..

so add to that potential matchday revenue of car parking and food sales which i am sure the club will have negotiated as part of the agreement.. so out of the possibly 4k attendance we have 1/4 buying a pint or a pie or both and maybe even soft drink for their kid.. and a choccy bar or crisps probably looking at £5k (maybe more) coming back after staffing and other costs in per a match so 130k straight back in and magically we are 40k better off (pocket change i know)..

so based on some very quick figures and admittedly some guess work on costs of the rent/costs is it that far fetched to think we may be ( on a matchday basis) better off over a season than we would be at the ricoh?

Ricoh £1.4mill
Sixfields £1.44mill

I would also like to reiterate i am in no way pro SISU or pro move... i am pro CCFC and would follow my club anywhere.. I do not believe SISU are the only problem in all of this.. the council and ACL are as much to blame and so are we when SISU came in they told the fans very publicly that we needed an attendance of 22k to break even.. at the time we were averaging about 20k and all that happened is the attendance dropped season on season..

BTW i would like to thank you for your concern.. but my household budget... its doing very well thank you ;)

RoboCCFC90

Torch/Nick seriously leave Valiant to his own words, it has to be said yes I will go and watch my team go and play Football not everyone will like that and not many will do the same which I respect, I have my reasons for going to see City play in NN and where many won't approve they suit me, so basically Valiant I am happy you have an opinion that you forsee as correct and feels other shall follow, but everyone will do there own thing. I don't follow SISU, I don't follow ACL, I love my Football Club and have from the youngest of ages when the likes of Marcus Hall and Huckerby used to kick a ball around at my primary school with the rest of the kids at home time.

Not everyone will follow the club to NN, but at least respect those who will even if you don't agree Valiant and don't make comments such as "Fuckin Scab or SISU Rent Boy" because that is sinking to the level of a 10 year old frankly.

Delboycov

LOL.... Well Delboy

I was born in coventry in the autumn of 1981. It was a Tuesday and was raining in the morning and brightened up in the afternoon.
I have lived here all my life and love this city. (no really... I do)
As far as CCFC.... I have been a fan for 28 years (ish), since I could actually go and sit up Highfield Road and handle the old bloke in fronts dirty pipe smoke in my face.
Had season Ticket the last 5/6 seasons at Highfield road
Season Ticket 1st 4 years at the Ricoh then had to give it up for a couple of years as had a kid and got a bit skint but still managed to scrape cash together to go and probably went to maybe 60% of home games during that time.
Had another season ticket for last 2 seasons however shit it has been.

Do I Qualify?

Never suggested for a second you didn't qualify as a loyal supporter Andy! I believe it was you who implied those not supporting this move weren't loyal....I respect your views though but I can't identify with them or those of others that don't seem to care where we play. You see I support Coventry City for just one reason and one reason only...that we are Coventry and play in Coventry and represent the city of Coventry. It would've been so much easier supporting Liverpool when they were winning European Cups for fun when I was 5 and choosing which team to give my allegiance to....after all it was what most of my classmates did. The pride in Coventry and the affinity I have for the city I was born is obviously not shared by some and that's their perogative but as someone who has has been a season ticket holder since I was 10..that's 30 years...I do tend to get a bit miffed if I am accused of not being a loyal supporter because I am totally against moving my club 35 miles away to play in a 7,000 capacity stadium and if their plan comes together never to play in the city I love so much again. If people want to support SISU in this...and that is what they're doing no denying it...then that's up to them but personally I think you are potentially contributing to the probable death of our football club. If this is about owning our own stadium then I think people should wake up and realise that isn't what's happening here. We will continue to be tenants in a ground we don't own and the debt to our esteemed owners will have gone through the roof....Glad you're feeling so chipper about the move though Andy and enjoy Northampton as I've got a feeling it will be your last experiences of watching CCFC as we know it!

Brighton Sky Blue

Torch/Nick seriously leave Valiant to his own words, it has to be said yes I will go and watch my team go and play Football not everyone will like that and not many will do the same which I respect, I have my reasons for going to see City play in NN and where many won't approve they suit me, so basically Valiant I am happy you have an opinion that you forsee as correct and feels other shall follow, but everyone will do there own thing. I don't follow SISU, I don't follow ACL, I love my Football Club and have from the youngest of ages when the likes of Marcus Hall and Huckerby used to kick a ball around at my primary school with the rest of the kids at home time.

Not everyone will follow the club to NN, but at least respect those who will even if you don't agree Valiant and don't make comments such as "Fuckin Scab or SISU Rent Boy" because that is sinking to the level of a 10 year old frankly.

I respect your right to go but I sure don't agree with it. A Coventry team playing outside of the city no longer has the right to call itself such.

RoboCCFC90

I respect your right to go but I sure don't agree with it. A Coventry team playing outside of the city no longer has the right to call itself such.

Yeah and I do get that but without suggesting opinions using If's and but's what other options are out there for us?

andyboy81

Never suggested for a second you didn't qualify as a loyal supporter Andy! I believe it was you who implied those not supporting this move weren't loyal....I respect your views though but I can't identify with them or those of others that don't seem to care where we play. You see I support Coventry City for just one reason and one reason only...that we are Coventry and play in Coventry and represent the city of Coventry. It would've been so much easier supporting Liverpool when they were winning European Cups for fun when I was 5 and choosing which team to give my allegiance to....after all it was what most of my classmates did. The pride in Coventry and the affinity I have for the city I was born is obviously not shared by some and that's their perogative but as someone who has has been a season ticket holder since I was 10..that's 30 years...I do tend to get a bit miffed if I am accused of not being a loyal supporter because I am totally against moving my club 35 miles away to play in a 7,000 capacity stadium and if their plan comes together never to play in the city I love so much again. If people want to support SISU in this...and that is what they're doing no denying it...then that's up to them but personally I think you are potentially contributing to the probable death of our football club. If this is about owning our own stadium then I think people should wake up and realise that isn't what's happening here. We will continue to be tenants in a ground we don't own and the debt to our esteemed owners will have gone through the roof....Glad you're feeling so chipper about the move though Andy and enjoy Northampton as I've got a feeling it will be your last experiences of watching CCFC as we know it!

Chipper???? Where did you get that I am so chipper about it??

I dont wanna travel 35 miles to get to see MY team play but if its what needs to be done for a few seasons then so be it. I am just annoyed at the way so many Cov fans claim to be able to switch off their emotional connection to this club and support something else.

andyboy81

and reading this and my fookin pasta has blown up in the microwave!!!

Looks like that bit in gremlins now :(

Not a happy chappy!!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

OK...

at the Ricoh this season average atendance of 10973... do we expect to maintain that this season with campaigns running left, right and centre asking 'Loyal' fans to stay away. I would guess at best 7-8k next season with average ticket prices being about £15 given juniors/senior discounts.. so we have roughly £120k per match equalling roughly £3.1mill in a season (about 26 home matches with potential cup games) of which £1.2mill is paid in rent leaving £1.9mill roughly. then on top of that the club have to pay £20k per match in match days costs (admitted by ACL that these costs were paid prior to each home match last season and they DID NOT include this to be discounted from the owed rent.. totalling another £520000 so that leaves us with roughly £1.4mill based soley on (ticket sales + matchday revenue) - (rent + matchday costs).

sooo at sixfields attendance 3-4k again with average ticket price of £15 totalling at the high end £60000 per match and 1.56mill ish over a season with a monthly rent of 10k to be roughly 'inline with other league one clubs' a total of £120k in a season leaving us £1.44mill over the season.. then we can take away matchday costs which will be massively reduced given the size of the stadium (and the need for ALOT less stewards due to reduced attendance)and the fact that northampton will maintain their pitch so what 5k per a match?? so another £130k leaving us with £1.31mill..

so add to that potential matchday revenue of car parking and food sales which i am sure the club will have negotiated as part of the agreement.. so out of the possibly 4k attendance we have 1/4 buying a pint or a pie or both and maybe even soft drink for their kid.. and a choccy bar or crisps probably looking at £5k (maybe more) coming back after staffing and other costs in per a match so 130k straight back in and magically we are 40k better off (pocket change i know)..

so based on some very quick figures and admittedly some guess work on costs of the rent/costs is it that far fetched to think we may be ( on a matchday basis) better off over a season than we would be at the ricoh?

Ricoh £1.4mill
Sixfields £1.44mill

I would also like to reiterate i am in no way pro SISU or pro move... i am pro CCFC and would follow my club anywhere.. I do not believe SISU are the only problem in all of this.. the council and ACL are as much to blame and so are we when SISU came in they told the fans very publicly that we needed an attendance of 22k to break even.. at the time we were averaging about 20k and all that happened is the attendance dropped season on season..

BTW i would like to thank you for your concern.. but my household budget... its doing very well thank you ;)

I won't argue with much of your post as it's conjecture; and who knows what's wrong, or right.

However, your analysis ('Ricoh £1.4mill vs. Sixfields £1.44mill') pertains to P&L.

FFP - how the playing squad can be funded in it's entirety - depends on turnover, not P&L. The relative elements of your analysis being in bold.

So, whilst it might be - just might be - a case of parity in terms of P&L, even your analysis shows that one scenario will result in over a two-fold difference in potential squad funding

Sub

just listening to CWR news and our plight has been raised in the house of commons by an MP (didnt catch his name) and the head of the house is going to forward it to the MP of sports to look into it ! that can only be helpfull

RegTheDonk

Ricoh £1.4mill
Sixfields £1.44mill

I don't think anyone can say for sure what turnover will be tony - but you have assumed much in those figures; to big one being that average gates at the Ricoh would drop by 3K and we would take 4K to Northampton. Not saying it IS wrong, but it could be well off the mark.

Sky Blue Pete

OK...

Ricoh £1.4mill
Sixfields £1.44mill

Haven't had a proper look but 10k a month??? Rent. No chance and Ricoh offered 400k for the year

korntony

I won't argue with much of your post as it's conjecture; and who knows what's wrong, or right.

However, your analysis ('Ricoh £1.4mill vs. Sixfields £1.44mill') pertains to P&L.

FFP - how the playing squad can be funded in it's entirety - depends on turnover, not P&L. The relative elements of your analysis being in bold.

So, whilst it might be - just might be - a case of parity in terms of P&L, even your analysis shows that one scenario will result in over a two-fold difference in potential squad funding

i agree ffp and these figures will mean a smaller playing budget but this reply was in response to specific post about how what i said about possibly being better off at sixfields was completely inaccurate and that due to this my household budget would suffer.. :)

Faz

I will not be following 'CCFC' anymore, home or away. If it's not in Coventry, then it is not a Coventry Football Club. Apart from the name, what about this so called club suggests that it is still Coventry City? If another club is created in my city, and played in my city, i will support it.

If people want to support the second northampton team, then let them.

Users who are viewing this thread