Confirmed northampton (1 Viewer)

korntony

I don't think anyone can say for sure what turnover will be tony - but you have assumed much in those figures; to big one being that average gates at the Ricoh would drop by 3K and we would take 4K to Northampton. Not saying it IS wrong, but it could be well off the mark.

i did say there was a lot of guess work.. but it is to illustrate that it is not beyond the realms of possibility we could be better off at another stadium

fernandopartridge

Because he or she no longer feels able to associate themselves with something they feel passionately about?

Which either yiu can't; or you wouldn't ask the question, or your tiresome sarcasm is taking priority over reason? Yet again...

It's not unreasonable to ask why somebody who goes beyond the NOPM campaign and now states that he no longer supports a club he feels or felt so passionately about.

covmark

Because he or she no longer feels able to associate themselves with something they feel passionately about?

Which either yiu can't; or you wouldn't ask the question, or your tiresome sarcasm is taking priority over reason? Yet again...

We all feel passionate about the situation but we don't all brand people scabs for having a different viewpoint. Fernando has a point if he feels no bond with the club why is he still here abusing people

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It's not unreasonable to ask why somebody who goes beyond the NOPM campaign and now states that he no longer supports a club he feels or felt so passionately about.

How someone wishes to articulate their displeasure with these despot owners isn't the issue. They follow a course as they wish to bring about a change for what they perceive a better future.

People are genuinely upset with regards events. To ask them what their problem is, is profoundly crass

Mary_Mungo_Midge

We all feel passionate about the situation but we don't all brand people scabs for having a different viewpoint. Fernando has a point if he feels no bond with the club why is he still here abusing people

I am not defending abuse. However, it is often a function of heightened emotions producing inappropriate and ill considered posts. And this often a product of folk posting sarcastic rhetoric on the wind up

The Penguin

So my question is, if we're playing at Sixfields, are we getting all the F & B revenue, or does that go to the owners of the ground?

'Cos, you know, it would be slightly odd to leave a ground because of rent and revenue issues, and spend the next X years playing at somebody else's ground paying rent (albeit a shit tonne less) and not receiving any revenue from F & B....

:pimp:

Look, I'll say fair play to anyone who goes for still supporting the club the best way they know how. I wouldn't go but that's just me, and it's easy to say since I don't go anyway (inb4 Grendel starts with his IT DOESN'T MATTER YOU FOREIGN SCUM rant) :whistle: ;)

But the whole thing has disgusted me completely. If any regard for the supporter base had been shown, by all sides in this sorry affair, this wouldn't have happened. But as always the people in power do whatever the hell they want, and we're left to pick up the pieces. Damn them all I say.

fernandopartridge

How someone wishes to articulate their displeasure with these despot owners isn't the issue. They follow a course as they wish to bring about a change for what they perceive a better future.

People are genuinely upset with regards events. To ask them what their problem is, is profoundly crass

You are talking about valiant here, right?

valiant15

The football club is a massive part of my life, it has been for the last 30 years. I do write some stupid things then so do a lot of people. I love this club so much, im rarely out of a city shirt. But sisu have sucked all the enthusiasm i had, I genuinely hope it goes tits up for them down there. People say its our football club, it isnt anymore. I know im not alone in feeling this way.

fernandopartridge

The football club is a massive part of my life, it has been for the last 30 years. I do write some stupid things then so do a lot of people. I love this club so much, im rarely out of a city shirt. But sisu have sucked all the enthusiasm i had, I genuinely hope it goes tits up for them down there. People say its our football club, it isnt anymore. I know im not alone in feeling this way.

Fair enough

The Penguin

People say its our football club, it isnt anymore. I know im not alone in feeling this way.

I've said before this is the crux of the problem. There is no connection between fan and club, at least not in any meaningful way. A club like ours cannot afford to neglect its fans (and please note, there is a difference between not neglecting fans and completely kowtowing to their every whim).

Fans forums organised largely as PR exercises are all very well and good but not when you completely disregard the message you receive.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You are talking about valiant here, right?

I don't agree with him/her often. However, he/she has twice as many posts as you; which shows some commitment. When you ask them what their problem is when something they care for is crumbling about their ears, you're liable to get a certain sort of response; as you are questioning why they bother about the livelihood of an entity they have feelings for. A response that will then - doubtless - be used as further ammunition to hit them with. Looks like a bit of a wind-up from someone fishing to score cheap points and escalate feelings. For what?

Again, twice as many posts. And twice as many 'likes', I hasten to add....

covmark

Fair play to you valiant, one day when this mess is over maybe we could have an argument about football ;)

Delboycov

Chipper???? Where did you get that I am so chipper about it??

I dont wanna travel 35 miles to get to see MY team play but if its what needs to be done for a few seasons then so be it. I am just annoyed at the way so many Cov fans claim to be able to switch off their emotional connection to this club and support something else.

"Can we sing the Home and Away theme tune at games now???" Sound quite chipper to me mate! Certainly very smug to suggest you were a more loyal supporter than those that refuse to pay to watch games for a club called COVENTRY City that will never play in Coventry again if this stupid plan comes to fruition. The club shouldn't even be allowed to use that name anymore...we won't be Coventry anymore.

*Sorry about your pasta btw!*

Last edited:

torchomatic

Must be when he calls people "fucking scabs" that pulls at your heart strings.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Must be when he calls people "fucking scabs" that pulls at your heart strings.

As I stated above; I don't condone name calling, or insults. I said so very clearly.

However, when people are deliberately disingenuous with a view to raising a response they will latterly use as 'material'; it's not much better is it?

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't agree with him/her often. However, he/she has twice as many posts as you; which shows some commitment. When you ask them what their problem is when something they care for is crumbling about their ears, you're liable to get a certain sort of response; as you are questioning why they bother about the livelihood of an entity they have feelings for. A response that will then - doubtless - be used as further ammunition to hit them with. Looks like a bit of a wind-up from someone fishing to score cheap points and escalate feelings. For what?

Posting on an online forum requires commitment?

Block19

Personally I think the owners are terrible, the board is useless, the manager hasn't a clue, the players are a bunch of kids with out a clue. I'm fully behind not a penny more campaign. Yet when the tickets go on sale it will take a lot not to actually go to the games!

RoboCCFC90

As I stated above; I don't condone name calling, or insults. I said so very clearly.

However, when people are deliberately disingenuous with a view to raising a response they will latterly use as 'material'; it's not much better is it?

I ask this question for a fourth time as of yet which no one has responded..

If by supporting the club by travelling to matchdays in NN is not the only option, what other options are there?

The Penguin

I ask this question for a fourth time as of yet which no one has responded..

If by supporting the club by travelling to matchdays in NN is not the only option, what other options are there?

A few people have suggested going to Northampton, not paying to get in, and standing on a big grassy bank near the ground to watch....maybe that's an option for you? :whistle: :p

Oh wait, you've rephrased. Disregard this message!

RoboCCFC90

A few people have suggested going to Northampton, not paying to get in, and standing on a big grassy bank near the ground to watch....maybe that's an option for you? :whistle: :p

Oh wait, you've rephrased. Disregard this message!

Nevermind eh Penguin, plus you never know the grass could be comfier than inside the stadium ;)

Users who are viewing this thread