Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (44 Viewers)

Grendel

I didn’t look at anything from last night I was more on about your comments on ‘the left’ this morning.

Oh I stand 100% by those in fact i can say with certainty absolute certainty if there is a recovery it will be suggested he lied about the illness was not really ill and was an attempt to create much needed popularity

PVA

I think when you go back and look at some of what you wrote you’ll be a bit embarrassed. That’s not me having a go, but a bit like PVA you go so far into a position you can’t retreat from it

My position was that he shouldn't have shaken hands and boasted about it, the NHS should be better funded and he shouldn't have made a joke about 'Operation Last Gasp'.

That was literally it and no I won't retreat from that.

Apparently that means I want Johnson to die a horrible death and will celebrate it.

Grendel

Grendel

My position was that he shouldn't have shaken hands and boasted about it, the NHS should be better funded and he shouldn't have made a joke about 'Operation Last Gasp'.

That was literally it and no I won't retreat from that.

Apparently that means I want Johnson to die a horrible death and will celebrate it.

He’s not referring to any of those comments - you seem to have dropped “take it on the chin” with “last gasp”

cc84cov

I would suspect weekend deaths are not accurate most of the time so it’s really the average over the 3 days that needs to be considered
Hopefully we stable and drop slightly maybe were on course to peak in 9’days as Italy peaked 5 days ago they thinkn

PVA

He’s not referring to any of those comments - you seem to have dropped “take it on the chin” with “last gasp”

What comments is he referring to then?

And yes you're right, my bad, I forgot that the PM suggested we could take it on the chin. Thanks for reminding me.

David O'Day

David even at my most agitated I am more rational and considered than you when you are at your calmest. You attempt the insult game but actually are pretty poor at it
Grenners you are pretending g you have friends who are messaging you on a city forum.

You've lost it

Ring Of Steel

And with that all my optimism goes out the window, feel like this is gonna be months and months sadly... Spain has also had a dreadful day as has France

No- there is no need for any optimism to go out of the window, nothing has changed- most people saying its 7-10 days before we hit the infamous 'peak', I wouldn't be getting glum or excited over any one day's worth of figures in isolation.

Grendel

What comments is he referring to then?

And yes you're right, my bad, I forgot that the PM suggested we could take it on the chin. Thanks for reminding me.

Er no he didn’t and there we go again

Grendel

Anyone else get the feeling the lockdown will now get stricter?

No I think not. The deaths must be at different time points it’s the entries to hospital that’s the key and also the government has sourced far greater hospital capacity to cope

Tommo1993

I don’t understand why people seem to have upped their panic levels since Boris got admitted. Suddenly some who had a blasé view of it are taking it seriously since the news.

Obviously I wish him, and all others, a full and speedy recovery like any sane person would.

David O'Day

And with that all my optimism goes out the window, feel like this is gonna be months and months sadly... Spain has also had a dreadful day as has France
Do ffs mate, we've already spoken about how it was likely to be higher with Scotland reporting artificially low count and the delay over a weekend.

It's like you have the attention span of 5 seconds and just react to whatever headline is in front of you.

Remember this "deaths reported does not mean x people died in the last 24 hours, it means that's how many deaths trusts reported in that time frame. Some of these deaths may be as much as a week or more old. You need to look at the new case count which is a better indication of where we are. You also need to remember that new cases will likely rise as we are increasing testing to not just the people who present at hospital. A good figure to look at while tests are increasing is the percentage of positive tests out of that days testing"

I can see why tabloids sell a lot.

Anymore and its a trip to the naughty step

SkyblueBri

This is from Spanish FA so if we're 3 weeks behind them puts us into July ? He also stressed:

Three potential restart dates of 29 May, 6/7 June and 28 June were being assessed
Closed-door matches and reduced capacities could be implemented.

Flying Fokker

I don’t understand why people seem to have upped their panic levels since Boris got admitted. Suddenly some who had a blasé view of it are taking it seriously since the news.

Obviously I wish him, and all others, a full and speedy recovery like any sane person would.

or could it be that you have started to take it more seriously but are a tad reluctant to admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread