Match Thread Cov vs QPR Sat 22nd Jan (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

This is why they have won, despite our 21 shots to their 8.
fe892afd42002b89d5523094810bb8c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Clear cut chances 0 is absolute bollocks

Liquid Gold

Laughing at all the "robbed" comments.

We didn't take our chances and they did, we gave them the opportunity to take the game and they took it.

Like going to the police station and saying "someone stole my wallet and all I did was leave it out in the street with a sign advertising free wallet for anybody to take"

Old Warwickshire lad

We didn't take our chances and they did, we gave them the opportunity to take the game and they took it.

Like going to the police station and saying "someone stole my wallet and all I did was leave it out in the street with a sign advertising free wallet for anybody to take"
Harsh but probably somewhere near to the truth.

ms639

New one for me today. Have a season ticket behind the goal (opposite end to away supporters). Some cunts decided that throwing coins at our own fans was a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

Just a super finish. Nobody saw that coming, not the defender or keeper. No backlift , a very well taken goal.

Hyam could have done more for me.

It's obvious Gray can't score on his left from a tight angle but he allows him to get the shot away on his right.
He almost gets it right but leaves him just the tiniest bit of a gap & it's an excellent finish.

lifeskyblue

We were better team for most game but if you don’t take chances then you get what you deserve. The difference between a team that gets to the playoffs and one that misses out.

Liquid Gold

We were better team for most game but if you don’t take chances then you get what you deserve. The difference between a team that gets to the playoffs and one that misses out.

I think this is key.

Unless we go on a mad run of wins pretty sharpish then we're going to be pretty solid mid-table. It's improvement from last year obviously but still going to be bitterly disappointing to fade away.

If we don't get 7 points out of the next 4 then I'll already be looking towards the summer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nah

Brighton Sky Blue

I think this is key.

Unless we go on a mad run of wins pretty sharpish then we're going to be pretty solid mid-table. It's improvement from last year obviously but still going to be bitterly disappointing to fade away.

If we don't get 7 points out of the next 4 then I'll already be looking towards the summer.

Reckon we’ll end up the same place and similar points total to last time. Definitely didn’t think Gyo wouldn’t score again

Chip Batch

hamer has scored the same and Allen consistently has with one exception averaged a goal a season - it’s the outgrown him comment that’s odd as he’s easily one of the most valuable assets we have

i like him. But in what way is he one of our most valuable assets. Hamer sits deeper and is more effective and Allen has hardly played compared to him and has scored the same.

Blind-Faith

Godden plays today and we win that. Dominated them from pretty much start to finish. Moore had one save to make and pick the ball out the net twice.

Their keeper was far busier. They have done an absolute job on us today and will be laughing all the way home with the 3 points.

clint van damme

Godden plays today and we win that. Dominated them from pretty much start to finish. Moore had one save to make and pick the ball out the net twice.

Their keeper was far busier. They have done an absolute job on us today and will be laughing all the way home with the 3 points.

You could tell by the way their players celebrated at the end it was a big result for them, but they took their chances so fair play

Sky Blue Harry H

Another QPR fan observation - picked at random from a bunch of complimentary posts

Proper grind that win, but who cares. Way off our best without arguable 3 of our best players Chair, Dieng and Stef so we’ll happy with that. Really impressed with Cov though they just haven’t got the quality to finish teams off abit of investment and they could be a top 6 side easy.

Echoes a lot of our fans thoughts?

Liquid Gold

Another QPR fan observation - picked at random from a bunch of complimentary posts

Proper grind that win, but who cares. Way off our best without arguable 3 of our best players Chair, Dieng and Stef so we’ll happy with that. Really impressed with Cov though they just haven’t got the quality to finish teams off abit of investment and they could be a top 6 side easy.

Echoes a lot of our fans thoughts?
shhhh, don't say we need investment. People will shit it and ask if you want us to do a Derby.

NortonSkyBlue

Grey had missed a 1v1 literally 2 minutes before the goal. He lifts it, Moore has no chance. We could have and probably should have been 2 down within the first 6 mins.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
By the same token we could have scored 3 in the first ten minutes

Spagboll

Rs fan here. Based on that match today I would've been happy with a point...you overran and out thought us in midfield until mid-second half when we subbed and strengthened it and got back some control. You're team based on today (and at LR) are excellent under Robins and get more clinical up front and you have happy times ahead. We will need to play a lot better today to maintain our playoffs push.

Just a shout out to the Cov fans we met before the game outsie the ground and also in the Anecdote, lovely bunch and also youj have nicest and most sensible stewarding i've encountered for a long time. Best of luck.

Brighton Sky Blue

I thought he started poorly but came into it later, sheaf the pick of the midfield for me and i speak as one who wasn't convinced by him to start with, but he's proved me wrong and I'd be disappointed if he wasn't in the team now.

If as rumoured he's having off field issues it explains a fair bit but as I said during the match he looks like he's regressing as a player as opposed to Sheaf who is maturing with each game

Londonccfcfan

I’m with Grendel I think they deserved it. Can point to stats all you want but they went ahead after 5 mins and didn’t need to force the game. Once we equalised they stepped up and had the quality when it mattered. I felt they did to us what we have done to hull and blackpool

You and Grendell are the only ones in the 21000 crowd who think they deserved it.

Even their manager and every one of their fans say that was a smash and grab and that they were awfull. Wtf were you watching ?

Brighton Sky Blue

You and Grendell are the only ones in the 21000 crowd who think they deserved it.

Even their manager and every one of their fans say that was a smash and grab and that they were awfull. Wtf were you watching ?

At least Warburton's honest, as he usually is to be fair.

Londonccfcfan

Fair enough you can say they deserved it, they took their chances well.

To suggest they "stepped up" though?!

They did however have the quality to finish their chances. I'd like us to continue doing what we do, but also have that please!

Wtf we play like that 9 times out of 10 you win. That's football you dont always get what you deserve. QPR I doubt have looked as bad as that cos we made them. Btw that referee had a part to play. 2/3 handball shouts...another pen appeal when their defender almost kicked Gyokores in the face preventing him scoring anywhere else on the pitch that's a dangerous play and a foul at least.

Brighton Sky Blue

I counted about 3 times they were In our 2nd half.

I didn't even know lyndon dykes was playing and fir that matter didnt notice Austin. Did they even touch the ball.

Ufuckingbelievable how we lost that.

Until you said that I genuinely didn't know Austin was playing.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was the fucking Alamo for 90 mins.

A bit of a push to say that, we did charitably afford some sitters their way in the first half. Second half we should have been out of sight before their one venture forward and gift of a header.

Mrs BSB is learning quickly and nearly kicked a bin over on the way back

Users who are viewing this thread