Match Thread Coventry City at Brighton and Hove Albion Match Thread - Saturday 17th Feb (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Can't help thinking Brighton did not over power us and had we woke up to the possibility of going at them more, we may have had a surprise result today.
But JCH is a positive, looks to go forward and pose threats.
No injury worries.
Now can we get ourselves concentrating on the league.
Please Robin's set your team up to go forward and press.

Johnnythespider

JCH has played well and deserves to start ahead of Max, he looks sharper where it matters. I like Max but we need more goals. Disappointing we didn't have a go until it was 3-0.

Mucca Mad Boys

Considering we've just lost 3 games on the bounce, it could've been a lot worse. We were outclassed by a way better side, who are in form at home (lost 1 in 6 at home, that being v Chelsea). At least there was effort from the players, and maybe were conservative, but I'm sure Robins would've been weary of Swansea absolutely embarrassing Notts County 8-1.

Shout out to JCH, I said I wanted to see what he could do, and I thought he struck up a good partnership with McNulty and was our most potent threat. His finish oozed class, and to see he hit the crossbar from a corner showed he's an aerial threat - we've struggled to get goals from set pieces. Going forward, I think he should start in the league, and hopefully scores a few to take the burden of McNulty.

Esoterica

Robins needs to get in training to play to his strengths. We need to work on giving him and mcnulty things to work with.

Mcnulty barely had a touch.

We need to be getting the ball in the box, at pace for them. Look how many times Brighton did it..
We need to get over this mentality that a defensive midfielder needs to sit on the toes of the back 4 too. Maybe Doyle hasn't got the legs to get up and down and play 46 games a season but Kelly doesn't need to do that. He needs to be working in tandem with Bayliss more rather than in tandem with the back 4.

Terry Gibson's perm

Impressed with Clarke-Harris. A lot more aggressive than Biamou and should be able to knock a few centre halves about a bit.

And scored a goal and hit the woodwork twice probably more than Biamou has done in 20 odd games

higgs

Disappointing that despite the pressing game working against Stoke and MK we decided to try and contain them. Made them look better than what they are.
Clarke Harris looked dangerous. Barrett a fat waste of space.
Barrett lard ass prefer to play maycock than this cock

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Whose that clown on the radio?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Like others I am disappointed that we didn't give it a good go, were not braver in a one off cup game. I never expected us to win but I did expect us to put brighton a game for 90 minutes. Seemed we paid them far too much respect and didn't give it a go until the game was lost. I don't mind that we lost I do mind the manner in which we lost especially first half.

Brighton on this showing are nothing special or to be feared. They did enough to win and deserved to, but they didn't look so sure when put under a bit of pressure. But we never set out to apply pressure until too late

I think robins got the tactics wrong for much of the game. Overall disappointed in the manner we lost.

Nick

Administrator
Like others I am disappointed that we didn't give it a good go, were not braver in a one off cup game. I never expected us to win but I did expect us to put brighton a game for 90 minutes. Seemed we paid them far too much respect and didn't give it a go until the game was lost. I don't mind that we lost I do mind the manner in which we lost especially first half.

Brighton on this showing are nothing special or to be feared. They did enough to win and deserved to, but they didn't look so sure when put under a bit of pressure. But we never set out to apply pressure until too late

I think robins got the tactics wrong for much of the game. Overall disappointed in the manner we lost.
Can I copy and paste that for the last 3 league games and no doubt a few more? :(

Terry Gibson's perm

Why the shit negativity against one of your players. Jch looked good no need to decry max

It’s the truth he has done nothing all season apart from wave to the fans, JCH is a real centre forward who has aggression and knows where the goal is.

Grendel

It’s the truth he has done nothing all season apart from wave to the fans, JCH is a real centre forward who has aggression and knows where the goal is.

Exactly - hit the woodwork twice scored and forced a save out of the keeper at the end. Blows apart the notion you have to pass the ball to a bloke on the goal line before they can score. Strikers have movement in the penalty area and instinct. Biamou has none of that.

lifeskyblue

Yes Brighton were the better team but not till 2nd half did we give them a game. We gave them much too much space down the wings and we didn’t get back to support the full backs. Robins for me left it a little late to make changes but then when we put a premier league side under pressure they looked a little wobbly. We could/should have grabbed a second for a rip roaring finale.
The two headers they scored were largely unchallenged and that was disappointing. But the quality of those headers was premier league standard.
I’m on the coach disappointed we didn’t get a second but happy that we finally gave them a game. If we had played like last 20 v Accrington and Colchester and FGR we would have possibly got 5 or 7 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread