Match Thread Coventry City - Boreham Wood Match Thread - Sunday 3rd Dec (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Boreham Wood manager has been trash talking.. to borrow from Kevin Keegan "I'll luv it if..."

Captain Dart

Ashdown

Looks like they have filled at least 8 coaches and asked for more tickets to whatever their original allocation was ?! So I'm guessing there will be perhaps 800 away supporters all told ?!

clint van damme

I think secretly there will be some people hoping we lose, so they can be angry and rant about how far we have fallen. Personally I'm treating it the same as if we were playing Chelsea or Arsenal.

by buying a half and half scarf?!

clint van damme

I think secretly there will be some people hoping we lose, so they can be angry and rant about how far we have fallen. Personally I'm treating it the same as if we were playing Chelsea or Arsenal.

by buying a half and half scarf?!

itsabuzzard

All negative thoughts must be banished and we should be looking forward to bending the opposition over and giving them the table-ender to end all table-enders. We're looking at a cricket score. This will kick-start our season and see us rise inexorably to the top of the heap, culminating in a league title come next May. We'll all be asking "Jodi who?" and Ponti will top the scoring charts. Suck it up my friends and remember where you heard it first.
Beer is a man's best friend. God bless you all.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

tigersb

Don't see anything better than a replay ... just not creative enough now we've lost Jones and no-one is stepping up ... they will come with a game plan, they have nothing to lose, so will throw everything at us ... at best a replay, more likely 2 v 1 to them ... especially if they go ahead first.
That’s the spirit

Hobo

This is a tricky fixture, I dare not think of being knocked out by another non league team.

However we are good enough to win this and the rewards could be a draw against one of the big teams next round. Let's face it the club needs the revenue.

stevefloyd

Lets face it we are not going to win its a potential cash cow for January for us to buy players or player

Gazolba

We need to sign their attacking midfielder who has scored 10 goals so far.
Somebody please swap their CCFC shirt with him at the end.
And don't forget to tuck Robins phone number in the pocket.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Deja vu from Round 1........2-0 and then the money spinning 3rd round draw......away at Gillingham :(

tigersb

2-0 win and a home draw v Villa or Leicester in the next round would float my boat
The way we have been playing this season,I would prefer an away tie against either of them

Otis

I dreamt last night we lost 3-0.

Got up, had a confused wander around and then went back to sleep and dreamt it ended up 3-1, with us scoring late on.

Fergusons_Beard

As has already been said it would be typical Cov if we duck this one up.

Whenever we have something to play for (ie. a potential massive money spinner in round 3) we usually freeze in the headlights and produce our worst performances.

That being said I have a good feeling about this-mainly because of our solid defence.

All this bollox about the opposition doesn’t come into it.

They have to come to the mighty Coventry and score against one of the meanest defences in the league.

We have enough classy players to put them to the sword and advance to the next round.

2-0 City

#PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dongonzalos

Robins said before he takes this competition seriously so can see a pretty strong team being put out.

I hope unlike Maidenhead we don't let them bully us and be physical, I want to see somebody find their biggest player and absolutely smash him in the first minute.

I am going to sit where I want as well. I think I have an old £10 note lying about I will pay with as well, to be really gangster.

giphy.gif

I think secretly there will be some people hoping we lose, so they can be angry and rant about how far we have fallen. Personally I'm treating it the same as if we were playing Chelsea or Arsenal.[/QUOTE]

Jesus wept.
Yes I am sure there are Cov fans out there who will bouncing with Joy at any goal BW get just so they can say look how far we have fallen. Whilst they are getting ridiculed at work by their colleagues and the sheer embarrassment all over the media.
I think we should replace ‘look how far we have fallen’ with ‘look how paranoid have you got’

Londonccfcfan

Should be a cracking game. Looking forward to it.
5000 (1000) away...edging this one just 2-1. (Keep hold of your ticket stubbs) Got a feeling we will get Leicester away in third round. which will be about a 7500 allocation sold out in 3 days.
Exciting draw to look forward to on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread