Match Thread Coventry City - Boreham Wood Match Thread - Sunday 3rd Dec (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Think crowd will not top 4000 to be honest (partly because I'm not going - family stuff). Will take any win, with no injuries. Hopefully a big away day at Tottenham or Man Utd, to persuade our owners to invest the ££££s in the transfer window. I want money from the cup run, but glory in the league.

Otis

Think crowd will not top 4000 to be honest (partly because I'm not going - family stuff). Will take any win, with no injuries. Hopefully a big away day at Tottenham or Man Utd, to persuade our owners to invest the ££££s in the transfer window. I want money from the cup run, but glory in the league.
Yeah, I think less than 4,000.

stevefloyd

Will struggle for a crowd because of nopm then we draw a big name in the 3rd round and everyones principles goes out the window for a full house

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Are you saying Nick is making things up?

I' sure he has a link or 2 to back it up.

Why do you always make it a personal thing about Nick. I don't know the guy or you, but if anyone else had posted that, would you say the same thing?

Here's that link you wanted -
Hope we lose every game...

And have you never read a match thread when we go behind??

steve82

I'm slightly concerned by the pattern of today's results.

1st...No cup upsets, Closest so far is Herefords 1-1 draw at Fleetwood and Cambridge City ran Notts County close. County needed a 95th minute goal to progress.

2nd... no away side in today's fixtures managed to beat there hosts. 4 draws was the best results recorded by the away sides.

ccfcway

Will struggle for a crowd because of nopm then we draw a big name in the 3rd round and everyones principles goes out the window for a full house

sorry, I don't get this at all. show me any club in the country that would be more excited about a non league club compared to a big name ?.

For every 1 "NOPM", there is at least 10 who simply have lost interest in the day to day CCFC activity. A big games comes up and the interest is ignited. Surely that's what we want ?

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm slightly concerned by the pattern of today's results.

1st...No cup upsets, Closest so far is Herefords 1-1 draw at Fleetwood and Cambridge City ran Notts County close. County needed a 95th minute goal to progress.

2nd... no away side in today's fixtures managed to beat there hosts. 4 draws was the best results recorded by the away sides.

......or, you could take it as a good sign !

dongonzalos

Why do you always make it a personal thing about Nick. I don't know the guy or you, but if anyone else had posted that, would you say the same thing?

Luckily for me I am not on that thread :nailbiting:!
I nearly did say earlier that the only time I could ever imagine a Cov fan hoping Cov would lose is if they genuinely think it is somehow for the best for the club long term. Whether they are right or wrong.

dazed&confused

If the club don't think it's worth opening the East Stand for an FA Cup tie, then as a season ticket holder on that side, I don't think it's worth me atttending. The only positive about the West Stand, other than the prawn sandwiches, is that you don't get the sun in your eyes. There, I said it. For league games, I'm included in the attendance whether I attend or not, but for this game my indifference makes a difference. So, let's say, 3500-4000 (supposing rumours of strong Boreham Wood support are true) minus 1; score 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 2-1, 1-2, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2.

Westendlad

If the club don't think it's worth opening the East Stand for an FA Cup tie, then as a season ticket holder on that side, I don't think it's worth me atttending. The only positive about the West Stand, other than the prawn sandwiches, is that you don't get the sun in your eyes. There, I said it. For league games, I'm included in the attendance whether I attend or not, but for this game my indifference makes a difference. So, let's say, 3500-4000 (supposing rumours of strong Boreham Wood support are true) minus 1; score 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 2-1, 1-2, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2.
Errr whatttt ?!!

Nick

Administrator

How does that make sense? ha

letsallsingtogether

He has accused me of being a liar on numerous occations.
So if anyone has a problem it is Nick.
As for people actually wanting City to lose really.
It is the same as when people say nobody love sisu...

Anyway Nick is big enough to fight his own battles.

Oh and I am taking the Missis xmas shopping, so as I am not there hope we lose;)

Last edited:

Ashdown

I'm praying for a win then a big team at home so I can buy a ticket and provoke terrible outrage at my 'sudden' interest..........you know that sudden interest that has lasted since 1975 !

ccfcway

Crazy attitude. You would rather the club incur additional costs just so you can sit on one side of the pitch.

What happens if we are at Ricoh And league two next season and they don’t open that stand at all, would you not go

dazed&confused

Crazy attitude. You would rather the club incur additional costs just so you can sit on one side of the pitch.

What happens if we are at Ricoh And league two next season and they don’t open that stand at all, would you not go

i Yes. ii Probably not.

Nick

Administrator
He has accused me of being a liar on numerous occations.
So if anyone has a problem it is Nick.
As for people actually wanting City to lose really.
It is the same as when people say nobody love sisu...

Anyway Nick is big enough to fight his own battles.

Oh and I am taking the Missis xmas shopping, so as I am not there hope we lose;)
Yes, because you often say things you can't back up that have no basis behind them.

dazed&confused

Any of your logic

Well, I'll start with the score: that's a little joke. And I'm kind of gently mocking people who predit the score. If I could successfully guess the result, I'd already have made a fortune betting and I wouldn't be posting on here, but I'd be buying the club instead. If you mean the attendance: I'm normally quite good at predicting that - see my last few posts on the subject - and the 'minus 1' reference is another little joke that refers to me not going. If you mean why am I not happy to sit in the West Stand when I have a season ticket in the East Stand: I'm not a number. I'm a freeman.

oucho

Comfortable win today followed by one of the highlights of the year, the draw for the third round. Wish they hadn't moved it from a Sunday afternoon, though!

Nick

Administrator
Well, I'll start with the score: that's a little joke. And I'm kind of gently mocking people who predit the score. If I could successfully guess the result, I'd already have made a fortune betting and I wouldn't be posting on here, but I'd be buying the club instead. If you mean the attendance: I'm normally quite good at predicting that - see my last few posts on the subject - and the 'minus 1' reference is another little joke that refers to me not going. If you mean why am I not happy to sit in the West Stand when I have a season ticket in the East Stand: I'm not a number. I'm a freeman.
Power to the people

Great_Expectations

Trying to get the other half to come to the game today as ‘something to do’ but I’m having zero luck.

Could be a blessing in disguise as it’s a definite potential banana skin, but I think we’ll prevail; 2-0, Ponticelli and Stevenson.

Users who are viewing this thread