Match Thread Coventry City - Cheltenham Town Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (2 Viewers)

lifeskyblue

Strange game. I thought Cheltenham were one of the better sides we have seen this season. First half could have easily been 3 all at the break. Defence didn’t look as solid and attack mis-firing. Second half more compact at back and Baylis looking assured. Biamou worked hard but it didn’t quite come off for him. Good win settles everyone down and if we get 3 points Friday then Christmas will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Why wont nazon pass heheheh

It was in on the half way line. At the end of the game mcnulty was in a great position and screaming for the ball. Nazon was dancing around ignored him and lost possession.

I don’t think it was because he saw mcnulty and thought there’s a block who may miss if I pass to him.

covcity4life

A win buys him more time. Striker not scoring is only an issue when we lose in my experience.

On to the next game max

Otis

It was a very good win. People have been moaning we don't create chances, well there were a number of chances yesterday and we could easily have scored 5 or 6. McNulty blasted two over the bar, had one excellently saved, Biamou missed with a good header and early on McNulty, Shipley and Biamou all went really close.

The worry for a change was the defence, but still, we scored two and won the game and there were plenty of things to be encouraged by.

itsabuzzard

Not sure but he came over and told them to get out of his face then it all kicked off after a couple of minutes.
Police came by and dragged him away he then ran back in, kicked one fan and threw a punch at an older man I believe it was the first guys father but not 100% on that.
Some then followed him into the carpark, that was my queue to get back to my seat.
Cue

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Don't know about anyone else yesterday might be too open for Robins but I enjoyed the entertainment for about the first time this season I think we should start more games like that on the front foot proactive instead of reactive surely we have to think we are better than these teams after all nearly half the season gone and the tables don't lie. We have got to impose ourselves more.

dongonzalos

It was a very good win. People have been moaning we don't create chances, well there were a number of chances yesterday and we could easily have scored 5 or 6. McNulty blasted two over the bar, had one excellently saved, Biamou missed with a good header and early on McNulty, Shipley and Biamou all went really close.

The worry for a change was the defence, but still, we scored two and won the game and there were plenty of things to be encouraged by.

Would rather win like that or draw 2-2.
Than play for a 1-0 and end up 0-0 or 1-1.
Football like that increases the chances of a crowd increase even with the same table postion and points return.

dongonzalos

Don't know about anyone else yesterday might be too open for Robins but I enjoyed the entertainment for about the first time this season I think we should start more games like that on the front foot proactive instead of reactive surely we have to think we are better than these teams after all nearly half the season gone and the tables don't lie. We have got to impose ourselves more.

Found it very worrying that Robins said it was too open.
If he is adamant that McNulty is better than this division then why are we not trusting him by creating chances for him and aiming to outscore the opposition not instead focusing on nullifying the game

Last edited:

clint van damme

If he is adamant that McNulty is better than this division then why are we not trusting him by creating chances for him and aiming to outscore the opposition not focus in nullifying the game

He had 4 or 5 chances yesterday, and Biamou had 3 or 4.
Creating chances wasn't an issue yesterday.

stevefloyd

He said anyone who thinks McNulty is not a good player knows nothing about football.
Sorry but have to agree with him on this point.
Ahh but he got lucky with his goal after a terrible heavy first touch... I think He would look better with someone alongside him scoring goals and I would be more than happy that that someone is at another club when he is transferred !! As I said before sorry don't know what it is but just cannot take to him

dongonzalos

Ahh but he got lucky with his goal after a terrible heavy first touch... I think He would look better with someone alongside him scoring goals and I would be more than happy that that someone is at another club when he is transferred !! As I said before sorry don't know what it is but just cannot take to him

He would definitely flourish if he was playing in a 442 alongside a more direct powerful striker who is consistent.
McNulty then would have little pressure on him and would set quite a few up and a return of 12-16 goals in those circumstances would be alright.
However when you are the main man it’s very different.

Last edited:

steve82

He would definitely flourish if he was playing in a 442 alongside a more direct powerful striker who is consistent.
McNulty then would have little pressure on him and would set quite a few up and a return of 12-16 goals in those circumstances would be alright.
However when you are the main man it’s very different.

10 likes from me

Said it since the summer. McNulty would be better as a poacher type off a big man in a 442

My concern yesterday with how the game went on was we had some excellent chances but failed to test the keeper much. Are the goals at Ryton bigger than the Ricoh. Most efforts went just wide rather than the keeper saving.

Fine lines again but the stat we all interested in from yesterday 3pts!

Otis

Going to be a tough game. They look a decent side, but we have to believe we CAN win and we did create an awful lot yesterday.

If we can beat Wycombe and then get a positive result at Port Vale it will make for a great Christmas.

steve82

McNulty with the ssssh goal celebration, his manager says we will grow to love him... “I am sure a lot of the supporters do, those that know the game and know what they are looking at there.

But our fans know best tho

Otis

McNulty with the ssssh goal celebration, his manager says we will grow to love him... “I am sure a lot of the supporters do, those that know the game and know what they are looking at there.

But our fans know best tho

Hence the cheering when Vincenti went off.

stupot07

I know and after that Robins has come out and said the game was too open for his liking.

No, Robins said the first half was too open for his liking, which was bang in. Cheltenham split us open with ease in the first half. You can't play that open.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grendel

No, Robins said the first half was too open for his liking, which was bang in. Cheltenham split us open with ease in the first half. You can't play that open.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Correct. We could have easily conceded three goals - idiotic to want to play like that.

letsallsingtogether

I thought he was our best player goal or not, the only one with half a brain most of the time.
Then again it is a game about opinions.

superskyblue

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I was impressed with Eisa up front for Cheltenham. He was a real handful for our defence.

lifeskyblue

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I was impressed with Eisa up front for Cheltenham. He was a real handful for our defence.

He was a handful first half...excellent movement and our defenders were marking fresh air most of the time.
Second half he faded, we tightened up and he was nowhere near the threat he had been earlier.

superskyblue

He was a handful first half...excellent movement and our defenders were marking fresh air most of the time.
Second half he faded, we tightened up and he was nowhere near the threat he had been earlier.

Yeah agreed. The impression I had was that we dominated the ball more in second half so he had less opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread