Match Thread Coventry City - Cheltenham Town Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Nailed on defeat for CCFC then.

Last week I read Jim Bentley's comments challenging his team to 'get a goal' - seen Morecambe fired 15 blanks this season - thought jokingly that we'd lose... Lo and behold, 2-0... Annoyingly typical of our season. I think we'll draw v Cheltenham, 1-1 - they'll get the opener.

lifeskyblue

Must win game...otherwise the taxi will have its engine running. I’m sure robbins is aware of what he needs...but can the players deliver? Hopefully it will all turn for biamou; he gets good balls in and scores a hat-trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

We need to limp along for the rest of the month and hope MR has got January sorted.

steve82

We need to limp along for the rest of the month and hope MR has got January sorted.

Only issue is there's another 4 games till the 1st and that's the day of the 5th game.

15 points available till we're likely gonna get in new players and on our current form in the last 10 games we'd likely pick up potentially 5 points so could be a few points off the play offs come January.

Saturday night could be toxic

Londonccfcfan

We desperately need to play 442 again, but not with a striker playing on the wing!

Completely overrun in Midfield last week. Control the midfield and we control the game. We can get away with it more at home though.

We desperately miss Kelly. Stevenson is too lightweight away from home.

I have a sneaky feeling Robins May re visit 3/5/2 rather than the 3/4/3 which did not work vs Crawley.

.........Willis......Davies......McDonald

Grimmer....Stevenson....Doyle.....Shipley.....Haynes

..................McNulty Nazon

Or

Grimmer. Willis.....McDonald.....Haynes

Vincenti.....Stevenson....Doyle.......Shipley

..................McNulty.......Nazon

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This game with end 0-0 and will be one of the most boring I've seen in over 40 years. I can't wait.

stevefloyd

IF we have to play Stevenson I would rather play him out wide, he is too lightweight full stop atm and seems to be intimidated all the time, put Vincenti in central midfield and I would actually play Biamou instead of McNulty if Nazon is playing

Adge

Match postponed for me tomorrow so have bit the bullet and am wondering what another 2 in attendance will accumulate to? Maybe 6102?
Need a win by hook or by crook after last weeks no show.

steve82

---------------O'Brien----------------
Grimmer--Davies--McDonald--Stokes
-Vincenti--Doyle-Stevenson-Haynes-
---------Biamou----McNulty---------

Subs: Burge, Willis, Shipley, DiKE, Nazon, Beavon, Ponticelli.

4 changes for me and I'd go 442 to counter Cheltenham's 442 approach.
1st change is a big one, O'Brien in for Burge, Cheltenham are a big physical side so I favour O'Brien to command his area, collect the crosses and gives a quicker distribution as we're so slow at getting out and into the attacking 3rd his huge kicks and long throw can set us off and push Cheltenham back.
2nd Davies in for Willis to cope with the physical ariel threat but the rest need to be mindful of the pace of Mo Eisa.
Stokes in at left back to push Haynes forwards and offer the width and pace we don't have currently. Finally Vincenti in purely as we've no one who can operate the right wing and offer the defensive cover MR likes, so more of a must do than choice. Introduction of Nazon early in the second half if McNulty is having no joy.

A quick start is needed too as we could get bullied as the game goes on if we don't get the upper had early on we could struggle to win this.

dazed&confused

Surely we can win this one. Saturday afternoon. League Two. Local-ish oppposition who might summon-up 600 away fans (really?) for a first trip to the Ricoh. No special ticket offers. Still £24-26 pay on the gate and up to £10.20 for official car parking. The run-up to Christmas. Another very chilly afternoon forecast. Cov fan interest likely to be muted by some disappointing recent league results. Being realistic, maybe 6,500-7,000. One team who could still do something in this league, but who flatter to deceive and unfortunately struggle to score, against a team whose aspirations are probably just to stay in this division, who sit five points and eight places below us, but whose recent form is no worse than ours. And, of course, we really, really need to score first. 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 3-0, 3-1.

Sky Blue Harry H

Match postponed for me tomorrow so have bit the bullet and am wondering what another 2 in attendance will accumulate to? Maybe 6102?
Need a win by hook or by crook after last weeks no show.

Give 'em a shout for me Adge, as I'm having to miss this for a family Christmas meal. We usually win when I miss a home game. I will return against Wycombe when normal service will be resumed!

clint van damme

After last saturday I'd have dropped both full backs and brought in stokes and DKE.

whatever anyone says about DKE he worked hard and tried to get involved when he came on last week. We had too many players either not interested or intimidated.

Unfortunately I can't see the decline stopping.

stupot07

We start today outside the play offs for the first time this season, form isn't great, is this going to give them the kick up the arse of are we just starting the Christmas slump early?

3 points a must today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
We start today outside the play offs for the first time this season, form isn't great, is this going to give them the kick up the arse of are we just starting the Christmas slump early?

3 points a must today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We need to be involved from the start, no messing about or wanting time to grow into it.

Ideally we will see that he's hammered them for that loss and fingers being pulled out.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Would happily accept a 1 nil win in a dour game just to start getting back on track.

Crowd 7400

Terry Gibson's perm

Win 3v0 if we start quickly and attack if it's the normal slow start 1v0 defeat with an error from burge

Adge

Give 'em a shout for me Adge, as I'm having to miss this for a family Christmas meal. We usually win when I miss a home game. I will return against Wycombe when normal service will be resumed!
I'll do me best squire! I'll be telling it how it is at the end aswell to them sir if they don't perform.

Otis

Had a dream that we sneak a win and no one is particularly happy with performance
Don't need to dream that scenario. Too close to the truth.

The win is the only thing that matters. Would love a great game and top notch performance, but would settle for a scrappy penalty and a 1-0 win.

steve82

I feel it's gonna be a bad day at the office. We're gonna get bullied from the off if we don't get a early goal to boost confidence

Can also see Doyle picking up a red and completely messing xmas plans up the way the seasons going.

I see nothing other than a draw here at best and another slip down the table.

Prediction 10th at 5pm

Last edited:

Captain Dart

We are in relegation form irrespective of league position

This has to be won and won well , if we lose .......
LOL, no way but there is a dip in form if not reversed will see City drop out of the play off spots.

clint van damme

LOL, no way but there is a dip in form if not reversed will see City drop out of the play off spots.

we already have after last nights result. We really need to get back into the top 7 today. For the good of my sanity if nothing else.

Captain Dart

we already have after last nights result. We really need to get back into the top 7 today. For the good of my sanity if nothing else.
So they have! Didn't even realise there was a L2 game last night.
The usual winter form dip is really biting hard.

torchomatic

Surely, this will be our first home win in the league since September. We need to start winning at home as we cannot keep relying on picking up points away.

Nick

Administrator
Surely, this will be our first home win in the league since September. We need to start winning at home as we cannot keep relying on picking up points away.
Fingers crossed it will be, robins needs to show a bit of intent rather than being so defensive.

Need some thermals though :(

steve82

Fingers crossed it will be, robins needs to show a bit of intent rather than being so defensive.

Need some thermals though :(

Some big calls needed too to change things up a bit, were too slow and predictable.

Looking forward to seeing the team sheet and a response.

I wonder how Nazon took his criticism last week, and how he will respond if in the starting 11

Users who are viewing this thread