Coventry City fans to discuss possibility of supporter-led takeover (5 Viewers)

chiefdave

So to sum up so far:
We need a willing seller;
Important for the Trust to maintain a good relationship with the owner / chairman;
Important to have a council supportive of the football club;
Club would need to run at break even;
Wouldn't be able to compete above L1 / L2 level as clubs spend too much money.

It all sounds very much like the same things Fisher says and gets blasted for.

The trust plan appears to be, and I hope I've got this very wrong, to drive the club into administration, pick it up for next to nothing with no debt and then suddenly there will be 20K in the ground the next week.

We've been down the road of trying to force a change through administration and it failed spectacularly and we know people will turn up for one offs but they don't turn up the next week.

chiefdave

If we were to become fan owned I would assume it would be a short term measure until decent owners could be found.
That would be like when SISU came in. You'd have Jan and Moz on CWR asking people to hand their shares over so a new owner can take us back to the PL.

skybluetony176

What's fabricated?

"the only other way we could do it is administration", then they ask about season ticket renewals straight away? Apparently also said it on CWR earlier, but not heard it yet.

You're being selective about what conversations you're covering and then you're quoting sound bites of the conversations you're interested in.

Otis

That would be like when SISU came in. You'd have Jan and Moz on CWR asking people to hand their shares over so a new owner can take us back to the PL.
I would think we would be wiser next time out.

With Sisu it was the 11th hour and we were very, very desperate.

Would think next time we would be in a stronger position not to just bend over and be shafted by dodgy hedge funds.

Nick

Administrator
You're being selective about what conversations you're covering and then you're quoting sound bites of the conversations you're interested in.

So what have I missed to do with being able to pick the club up in admin, then asking how many people are renewing season tickets and talking about boycotts?

Tell me why I am wrong to get that impression?

It's more relevant than listening to what pompey did, when it's a completely different situation to ours.

The supporters direct is saying you need to have a good relationship with the club, meanwhile trust members sit there firing digs.

Both the speakers have pretty much ruled out the championship under fan ownership, they have said how it needs to be break even. A guy got called a troll because he was moaning about players being sold and not understanding the club need to break even.

CJ_covblaze

Guaranteeing 7000 more fans even in league 2?? That's Tim Fisher territory.

I'm not sure if we'd get that figure but surely it's more likely that more season tickets would be sold if those potential season ticket buyers owned the club in the first place.

chiefdave

If you're prepared to chuck a grand in for a share I'm sure you'd buy a season ticket but doesn't that make the assumption that 7000 people would buy a share?

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure if we'd get that figure but surely it's more likely that more season tickets would be sold if those potential season ticket buyers owned the club in the first place.

Still can't rip the piss out of Fisher for making up figures and then doing the same thing. (I know it wasn't you).

What are the figures based on? (Again, not aimed at you personally as you didn't say it).

letsallsingtogether

So what have I missed to do with being able to pick the club up in admin, then asking how many people are renewing season tickets and talking about boycotts?

It's more relevant than listening to what pompey did, when it's a completely different situation to ours.

The supporters direct is saying you need to have a good relationship with the club, meanwhile trust members sit there firing digs.

Both the speakers have pretty much ruled out the championship under fan ownership, they have said how it needs to be break even. A guy got called a troll because he was moaning about players being sold and not understanding the club need to break even.
Utter garbage Nick and you know it.
Keep up your constant one-sided pick and mix bullshit.
No one has asked to boycott games just confirming that people are giving up must have been over 30 hands raised as season tickets holders this year not one on renewing me included.
Trust don't need to push boycotts Sisu doing well on that themselves.

fernandopartridge

I would think we would be wiser next time out.

With Sisu it was the 11th hour and we were very, very desperate.

Would think next time we would be in a stronger position not to just bend over and be shafted by dodgy hedge funds.
Also, next time we wouldn't have a local authority holding a right of veto over who takes over.

skybluetony176

Talk of picking the club out of admin was one single sentence and only one all night in a night of many sentences and you jump straight on that and try to spin it in to the theme of the night. Which it isn't. Yes they did a quick count of people who are renewing their season ticket and yes it was quick, they also did a quick count of current season tickets in the room and it was about 75% of the room. Why don't you concentrate on the reasons that fans are doing this? I'll give you a clue. It's not because the trust are telling them to.

Nick

Administrator
Utter garbage Nick and you know it.
Keep up your constant one-sided pick and mix bullshit.
No one has asked to boycott games just confirming that people are giving up must have been over 30 hands raised as season tickets holders this year not one on renewing me included.
Trust don't need to push boycotts Sisu doing well on that themselves.

How is it bullshit and 1 sided?

They go from talking about being able to get the club from administration to boycotts?

Nick

Administrator
Talk of picking the club out of admin was one single sentence and only one all night in a night of many sentences and you jump straight on Tha and try to spin it in to the theme of the night. Which it isn't. Yes they did a quick count of people who are renewing their season ticket and yes it was quick, they also did a quick count of current season tickets in the room and it was about 75% of the room. Why don't you concentrate on the reasons that fans are doing this? I'll give you a clue. It's not because the trust are telling them to.

Yes, the season ticket renewal stuff led on from being able to pick up the club from admin?

I didn't say it was the theme of the night did I? I said that certainly looks like the way it is going to go.

Now Johnson is saying about club insiders stuff.

What happened the last time people from the Trust were calling from admin on Late Kick Off?

You can see everybody nodding their head when talking about boycotts ;)

chiefdave

Tony are you watching the stream? I don't see how you can be watching and not think a boycott is being pushed.

We've had the Palace bloke in the CT saying the fans need to turn up and the Pompey chap and Supporters Direct tonight. The same advise is coming from everyone and the various supporters organisations and fans are ignoring it.

Nick

Administrator
Tony are you watching the stream? I don't see how you can be watching and not think a boycott is being pushed.

It's because it isn't directly saying "you must boycott" and not black and white. I am not sure how it isn't blatantly obvious.

The supporters direct guy just said campaigning needs to be seperate from the trust to keep it professional, Moz is now joking about giving Seppalla a valentines present.

letsallsingtogether

How is it bullshit and 1 sided?

They go from talking about being able to get the club from administration to boycotts?
Who did was it a answer from the floor or did they bring it up themselves.

lifeskyblue

Still can't rip the piss out of Fisher for making up figures and then doing the same thing. (I know it wasn't you).

What are the figures based on? (Again, not aimed at you personally as you didn't say it).

The big difference is Fisher is paid (or not as he would have everyone believe) to have the facts and figures re his company...our club...at his finger tips. He surely has different scenarios based on x and y and z pushed under his nose every day. Yet he still comes across as a buffoon who can't or won't give an honest answer

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

We've had the Palace bloke in the CT saying the fans need to turn up and the Pompey chap and Supporters Direct tonight. The same advise is coming from everyone and the various supporters organisations and fans are ignoring it.
They don't want to hear it. It doesn't fit with the paradigm.

Monkeyface

It's seems to me that yet again the only thing you have really missed is another Trust meeting. You may not agree with what some have to say, but as the custodian of the most viewed Coventry fans forum you should be here. You have real influence at your finger tips. That goes for all who comment on here whether supportive of the Trust or not.

The only way you can influence anything is by being involved. The Trust aren't going anywhere, and at some point in the future, when SISU eventually leave, they may well be the best placed organisation to have input in the clubs future. If you don't have faith in what they are doing, and don't get involved, you can't complain if and when that happens.

Nick

Administrator
It's seems to me that yet again the only thing you have really missed is another Trust meeting. You may not agree with what some have to say, but as the custodian of the most viewed Coventry fans forum you should be here. You have real influence at your finger tips. That goes for all who comment on here whether supportive of the Trust or not.

The only way you can influence anything is by being involved. The Trust aren't going anywhere, and at some point in the future, when SISU eventually leave, they may well be the best placed organisation to have input in the clubs future. If you don't have faith in what they are doing, and don't get involved, you can't complain if and when that happens.

I haven't missed it, I have just watched it?

skybluetony176

I'm here

letsallsingtogether

Who said administration was a way to get the club to the fans? Then instantly a comment from somebody watching saying "we need to go into admin" who was clearly buying it.
That started with the Pompy saying that is how they acquired the club

Nick

Administrator
That started with the Pompy saying that is how they acquired the club

David Johnson said it didn't he? Saying how it was a way to get the club if they weren't going to sell.

People said about a boycott and everybody on the stage is sat there nodding with it.

wince

You can clearly see they are going to try and push a boycott to damage the club to try and pick it up cheap, that's the way it's being pushed.

See it a mile away
didn't say it was the theme of the night did I? I said that certainly looks like the way it is going to go
LOL

Nick

Administrator
You can clearly see they are going to try and push a boycott to damage the club to try and pick it up cheap, that's the way it's being pushed.

See it a mile away

LOL

Not sure what that proves? I didn't say it was the theme of the night, I said that it is the way it is going to go.

Try again.

chiefdave

If the trust are listening to the people they had along to the meeting as experts then they need to greatly distance themselves from protests and boycott (anyone else notice Moz get JHW and SBT mixed up at the end, doesn't give a big impression of separation). Need to work on repairing the relationship with Fisher and Sepalla so that civil talks can be held, even if just an informal chat. And need to work out what could be a viable exit strategy for SISU that the Trust has a realistic chance of being able to achieve.

To the supporters they need to put forward a viable plan for running the club should fan ownership be obtaining. I'm not talking cashflow forecasts and every little detail, just a general overview of how the major obstacles will be overcome. We don't want to end up in a position where fans are chucking a grand in thinking we'll be in the PL in 3 or 4 years. It has to be made very clear how fan ownership will work and what is possible. And of course is it a stopping point to getting a new owner.

Users who are viewing this thread