Match Thread Coventry City - Maidenhead United Match Thread - Sunday 5th Nov (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Personally I see no problem with asking a manager if he has any idea how long a player may be out for.

I can't see that, that is any way being bullish.

Just a common sense question. 'What's the injury?' And 'How long do you think he my be out for?' I would say are perfectly reasonable things to ask from any interviewer to any manager.

Because so soon after the game the answer will be waffle without commitment, because the answer won't be known.

Nick

Administrator
Why aren't you criticising the club for not automatically giving the information if it is that obvious? I doubt the real answer is known so soon after the game. Robins had the opportunity to give the information but didn't. Why Chase an answer that probably will be different by the end of tomorrow?

Kelly didn't play today so you would think they would have half an idea whats up with him.

Otis

Why aren't you criticising the club for not automatically giving the information if it is that obvious? I doubt the real answer is known so soon after the game. Robins had the opportunity to give the information but didn't. Why Chase an answer that probably will be different by the end of tomorrow?
I think the problem is that Robins isn't as forthcoming as other managers and can be a bit grumpy. No reason not to ask the question though.

Nick

Administrator
Duck was frustrating today, he would have a touch of brilliance and turn a player and make acres of space but then basically just be awful after.

Otis

Because so soon after the game the answer will be waffle without commitment, because the answer won't be known.
See Nick's comment above.

Not like he played and was injured and it wasn't immediately known

gspotgaz

We should’ve beat them by more really. The gap in leagues was very evident but we were frustrating in attack once again. They didn’t look like scoring if it went on all week.

ccfcway

you do know he didn't play today ?

Robins also had the opportunity to talk about Dale take over, where we will be playing next year, the upcoming series of Peaky Blinders etc

Robins is being interviewed, its up to the interviewer to ask the right questions.

how do you know the answer will be different tomorrow ?, you don't , because he didn't ask....

not sure why you are so defensive of CWR line of questioning ?

Otis

you do know he didn't play today ?

Robins also had the opportunity to talk about Dale take over, where we will be playing next year, the upcoming series of Peaky Blinders etc

Robins is being interviewed, its up to the interviewer to ask the right questions.

how do you know the answer will be different tomorrow ?, you don't , because he didn't ask....

not sure why you are so defensive of CWR line of questioning ?
I get the feeling the CWR interviewers are scared of Robins. They have a job to do though and these are very basic, simple questions.

'How bad is the injury, do you know yet?'

'No, don't know. He's having a scan on Monday and we may know more after that.'

Simple.

Paul Anthony

I get the feeling the CWR interviewers are scared of Robins. They have a job to do though and these are very basic, simple questions.

'How bad is the injury, do you know yet?'

'No, don't know. He's having a scan on Monday and we may know more after that.'

Simple.

The kind of question that we see week in week out on places like Sky Sports News, in the post match interviews. If they have mastered being able to ask it, it can't be hard for our lot to do.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We should’ve beat them by more really. The gap in leagues was very evident but we were frustrating in attack once again. They didn’t look like scoring if it went on all week.
At least we won ffs , how did Blackpool get on by the way ?
Some people have just got to have a moan !

Hobo

Kelly didn't play today so you would think they would have half an idea whats up with him.

He said it was "a problem" which suggests it is either minor or the full extent not known yet. If it was known to be serious or long term I am sure Robins would have said without need of a prompt.

better days

He said it was "a problem" which suggests it is either minor or the full extent not known yet. If it was known to be serious or long term I am sure Robins would have said without need of a prompt.
CT says it was an ongoing heel problem. Maybe Robins rested him to give it a chance to clear up

Mcbean

One things for sure wont be sitting in block 33 again - i really struggled to see what the hell was going on up the other end !

stevefloyd

Pretty poor turn out from the fans and pretty poor on here too only 8 pages on a match day.... perhaps lots of people went to church instead.
Father please forgive me after I blasphemed on a coventry forum and called someone a c**t..... father said was it Fisher thats ok he is a c**t

Otis

Pretty poor turn out from the fans and pretty poor on here too only 8 pages on a match day.... perhaps lots of people went to church instead.
Father please forgive me after I blasphemed on a coventry forum and called someone a c**t..... father said was it Fisher thats ok he is a c**t

Some people I'm sure DID go to church. There may be others though who a few weeks ago thought the City game was on Saturday and as Sunday was Bonfire Night, might then have bought tickets for the firework display at Coventry Rugby Club yesterday, for their daughter and her friend to go and that might have started at 3pm, which would have clashed with the City game, which spookily it did, meaning that the dad had to go to Cov Rugby for the fireworks and therefore miss the match.

That's a possibility perhaps don't you think?

skybluegod

Some people I'm sure DID go to church. There may be others though who a few weeks ago thought the City game was on Saturday and as Sunday was Bonfire Night, might then have bought tickets for the firework display at Coventry Rugby Club yesterday, for their daughter and her friend to go and that might have started at 3pm, which would have clashed with the City game, which spookily it did, meaning that the dad had to go to Cov Rugby for the fireworks and therefore miss the match.

Nope that doesn’t sound at all like a possibility, next excuse.

stevefloyd

Nah I prefer my version its more contentious

Rich

pretty sure there might be a spare seat or two for you to move to
Yeah but the stewards won't let you move. Fancy putting an announcement out that there were plenty of seats at the other end.

Loads of people trying to get into the corner weren't allowed despite there being plenty of available seats. God forbid we get a decent atmosphere at a match.

Mcbean

They wanted you in 33 not down the maidenhead end - POTG ran out of tickets - was it really that bad for non league and we have another non season ticket game Tuesday !

dongonzalos

Yet some think we need a 20 goal striker in January. The answer is already here methinks.

I was one of them. However I always said unless Ponti starts getting a fair crack the whip and he happens to be that player.
I felt this team was dominating enough and wit the right striker would be creating the right chances

stupot07

I was one of them. However I always said unless Ponti starts getting a fair crack the whip and he happens to be that player.
I felt this team was dominating enough and wit the right striker would be creating the right chances

We still don't create enough chances and even yesterday we only created 3 decent opportunities all 3 of which were created by player getting in behind the defence from a wide area - its this thats been lacking all season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

We still don't create enough chances and even yesterday we only created 3 decent opportunities all 3 of which were created by player getting in behind the defence from a wide area - its this thats been lacking all season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I still feel we do.
I appreciate The level of the opposition on Sunday. So it’s very hard to judge it in that performance.
My opinion is that most teams will shut up shop against us. It now coincidence that most of our goals have come against County and Luton.
The big question is can Ponti do what he did Sunday against a league 1 team defender to the hilt and kicking lumps out of us abd in particular him.
If he can take those kind of chances like he did Sunday more often than not, we will get in the top three.
However if he isn’t ready yet then we need to find that man on Sunday.

Nick

Administrator
I still feel we do.
I appreciate The level of the opposition on Sunday. So it’s very hard to judge it in that performance.
My opinion is that most teams will shut up shop against us. It now coincidence that most of our goals have come against County and Luton.
The big question is can Ponti do what he did Sunday against a league 1 team defender to the hilt and kicking lumps out of us abd in particular him.
If he can take those kind of chances like he did Sunday more often than not, we will get in the top three.
However if he isn’t ready yet then we need to find that man on Sunday.
So instead of saying you feel we do, name some

dongonzalos

So instead of saying you feel we do, name some

No way.
I am not doing this again.
I babe them.
You say babe done more.
I do then you say other people have said them before.
I say, and?
You then say show me pretty pictures of them.
I say more importantly there are the chances that having a striker who scores then creates. Via there movement, them creating then themselves and others trying to find them over shooting themselves, as they are more likely to score.
You then tell me that that died by happen and round we go again.
Oh and my opinion doesn’t count because I was at certain games.
What’s the point.

Nick

Administrator
No way.
I am not doing this again.
I babe them.
You say babe done more.
I do then you say other people have said them before.
I say, and?
You then say show me pretty pictures of them.
I say more importantly there are the chances that having a striker who scores then creates. Via there movement, them creating then themselves and others trying to find them over shooting themselves, as they are more likely to score.
You then tell me that that died by happen and round we go again.
Oh and my opinion doesn’t count because I was at certain games.
What’s the point.
So you won't name chances to back up your point but will write loads of gibberish that takes longer? Good thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread