Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (8 Viewers)

clint van damme

I’d be massively surprised if Beavon wasn’t moved on in January. He’s not doing the business for us and he would want to be playing at this stage in his career.

Said the same to my mate. We clearly need to recruit in January so wages will need to be freed up somewhere.

Gazolba

<snip> We clearly need to recruit in January so wages will need to be freed up somewhere.
Before this game we had the strongest 18 in the division. What happened in 90 minutes?

mark82

So did Haynes who was supposed to me marking the bloke and when Burge rollocked him he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

Jones is a flair player and you get good and bad. He can still offer something. The likes of Haynes offer nothing and have a lazy attitude to boot.

Haynes backed off. Gave him all the room he needed to pick his spot.

BackRoomRummermill

What did biamou do wrong today?

He came on to score a goal, in which he failed. No ifs no buts he is up there as a striker still has given numerous games not achieved it. Its not bad luck its that he is crap.

Did he change the game for the better ? Did we gain any kind of result because of his inclusion ? I would love him to be great but I am afraid he only gets his boots on now as we are paying his contract and he will not be here too much longer. Maybe he can get a membership downstairs and find his niche

clint van damme

He came on to score a goal, in which he failed. No ifs no buts he is up there as a striker still has given numerous games not achieved it. Its not bad luck its that he is crap.

Did he change the game for the better ? Did we gain any kind of result because of his inclusion ? I would love him to be great but I am afraid he only gets his boots on now as we are paying his contract and he will not be here too much longer.

Yes, he clearly did to anyone watching but a simpleton.

Otis

I felt a bit sorry for Biamou today, cos he was clearly constantly being fouled when he came on. The defender marking him had his arms all over him every challenge.

Nick

Administrator

Did he change the game for the better ? Did we gain any kind of result because of his inclusion ? I would love him to be great but I am afraid he only gets his boots on now as we are paying his contract and he will not be here too much longer. Maybe he can get a membership downstairs and find his niche

Ay? He won every header pretty much. He improved us going forward but nobody gambled off them

So your only issue is he didn't score?

mark82

McNulty was unlucky in the first half. Ponticelli is way short of being a regular player in this league. Biamou was just a bad signing. The biggest let down is Beavon who should be figuring and is poor.

Thought Biamou looked decent when he came on.
Ponticelli scored a perfectly good goal. He didn't have much space to operate in, he needs time and patience, he didn't look out of place just wasn't his day.

BackRoomRummermill

so if someone doesn't change a result they can't have played well - give me strength!

He will never change a game , he is actually not suited for this league , he is the sort of player that you bring on when your winning to hold the game up , he still has not scored in the league this year ,you will all be burning his bollocks soon and I will happily drag up your quotes stating how brilliant you thought he was. No excuses , not good enough , that's why at best he will be best looking at the bench every game until we get rid........... oh just like he is already.

Liquid Gold

He will never change a game , he is actually not suited for this league , he is the sort of player that you bring on when your winning to hold the game up , he still has not scored in the league this year ,you will all be burning his bollocks soon and I will happily drag up your quotes stating how brilliant you thought he was. No excuses , not good enough , that's why at best he will be best looking at the bench every game until we get rid........... oh just like he is already.
Go on then pep what would you do?

Nick

Administrator
He changed the game against Luton too.

He changed the game today going forward.

It doesn't mean changing result, just the way the game is.

Otis

Thought Biamou looked decent when he came on.
Ponticelli scored a perfectly good goal. He didn't have much space to operate in, he needs time and patience, he didn't look out of place just wasn't his day.
Was it a perfectly good goal? Have you seen the replay?

oucho

mechaishida

Initially I thought it was a tactical deficiency, that we struggled against overly defensive teams, however today's 'performance' is puzzling and doesn't fit the previous mindset.

Inconsistent is an understatement; it seems we cannot perform unless Jones feels like putting a shift in, or we have Duck to rely on for attacking impetus.

Very, very concerning...

Users who are viewing this thread