Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (5 Viewers)

mark82

Why should they have had 2 players sent off?

The one that pulled McNulty down when he was through on goal and the out of control tackle on Vincenti by the corner flag.

Like the referee I've only had chance to see it once live so may change my opinion when I see it again.

Londonccfcfan

Hmmm... disagree on Grendel's opinion on Biamou's header. I thought he did well there. I still think that first one of theirs wasn't a penalty too.

Burge looks at error there unfortunately. Anyone else concur?

I haven't seen it yet..but there's no way he should beaten from there....if he got a hand to it, he should have saved.

Looked slow to react as usual, looked surprised.

Don't rate him, never have never will. Obrian is a better shot stopper.

mark82

Hmmm... disagree on Grendel's opinion on Biamou's header. I thought he did well there. I still think that first one of theirs wasn't a penalty too.

Burge looked like he got a hand to it. Haynes backed off and gave him all the time and space needed. Hard to tell whether Burge should've done better from that angle. It was a decent strike though, credit where it's due.

Otis

Burge looked like he got a hand to it. Haynes backed off and gave him all the time and space needed. Hard to tell whether Burge should've done better from that angle. It was a decent strike though, credit where it's due.
It was. But from there you would expect it to fly in like a rocket to beat the keeper. Need a different angle for clarity.

stupot07

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, you'd only be able to tell from camera directly behind the goal.

Agree on Biamous header. Biamou seems to have become a bit of a scapegoat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Mansfield easily the best team I have seen at the Ricoh by a country mile. They looked quicker and stronger throughout the pitch.

Defenseively a bit iffy, but you can see why they were one favs when season started.

They will finish above Exeter and Notts County ....and us if we don't start scoring soon.

Grendel

The one that pulled McNulty down when he was through on goal and the out of control tackle on Vincenti by the corner flag.

Like the referee I've only had chance to see it once live so may change my opinion when I see it again.

I was in line with the first and no contact - the vincenti one was no different to McDonald

Otis

The guy hit it well, but it does seem to go straight through Burge's hands.

Just watched it again and would also say that Biamou header was a good header. Beats his man and has to twist his body to get his head round it. Decent effort.

ceetee

Didn't think the first one was a pen, but did think the second one was. That's the one Rose got booked for simulation for and didn't see the third one.
From my viewpoint Rose definitely dived. The ref could have given the third if he had wanted too

mark82

The only thing with the Vincenti one is that he looked out of control (again, from my angle). Would be good to get another look at it at some point.

Grendel

Hmm, think you need to watch that again, Grendel.

To be fair during this thread you’ve said Mansfield only were long ball merchants lumping the back to forwards then saying that the centre halves weren’t worked and the full backs struggled as they used width!

mark82

To be fair during this thread you’ve said Mansfield only were long ball merchants lumping the back to forwards then saying that the centre halves weren’t worked and the full backs struggled as they used width!

The Biamou header was under pressure. Definitely worth another look. Couldn't do a massive amount with it to be fair.

clint van damme

How longs that like on a full contract ?

how long do you give the others?
Biamou has improved, have Beavon and McNulty?
If he's improved as much as he's going to then clearly he's not good enough but do you really think he was brought in to be our main goal threat?

Otis

I think you will find that entirely untrue.

Mansfield had great joy WHEN they went wide, but they didn't utilize that enough and they did keep insisting on lumping the ball long to the front two. I never, ever said they were ONLY long ball merchants. They kept choosing that route though time and time again.

Watch the match again and you will see that was clearly apparent.

I never ever said the centre backs weren't worked either. The fullbacks struggled when they used width, but lucky for us they didn't use that option nearly enough as they should have done, because it WAS giving them joy.

Please don't just make things up.

mark82

how long do you give the others?
Biamou has improved, have Beavon and McNulty?
If he's improved as much as he's going to then clearly he's not good enough but do you really think he was brought in to be our main goal threat?

I'd argue McNulty has improved recently.

I like Biamou. Offers something a little different and is definitely improving.

Grendel

The Biamou header was under pressure. Definitely worth another look. Couldn't do a massive amount with it to be fair.

Again if Biamou is the answer you’ve asked the wrong question. He’s never going to be good enough. He doesn’t work defenders he has little physical impact - oh and he’s still not scored one league goal.

dongonzalos

Mansfield had great joy WHEN they went wide, but they didn't utilize that enough and they did keep insisting on lumping the ball long to the front two. I never, ever said they were ONLY long ball merchants. They kept choosing that route though time and time again.

I never ever said the centre backs weren't worked either. The fullbacks struggled when they used width, but lucky for us they didn't use that option nearly enough as they should have done, because it WAS giving them joy.

How the bloody hell is he supposed to convince himself that he beat you in a debate. If he can’t completely exaggerate
the sensible point you make in order to make it sound ridiculous. Then debate that point (that you didn’t actually make) instead.

Grendel

They never lumped the ball up - they dominated midfield attacked both flanks and pretty much everyone else acknowledged they were the best team we’ve seen here.

I said that at half time and you disagreed.

Otis

Just checked and what I said was that for the most part Mansfield seemed to be only using long punts upfield and that was entirely true. Out of every ten balls up field I would bet you that eight of those were directly up to their forwards.

They were looking so dangerous WHEN they went out wide, so why Evans decided to deploy that tactic is beyond me, but I never said they were only long ball merchants.

Grendel

How the bloody hell is he supposed to convince himself that he beat you in a debate. If he can’t completely exaggerate
the sensible point you make in order to make it sound ridiculous. Then debate that point (that you didn’t actually make) instead.

Go today?

Otis

They never lumped the ball up - they dominated midfield attacked both flanks and pretty much everyone else acknowledged they were the best team we’ve seen here.

I said that at half time and you disagreed.
I didn't. Another made up statement. I was clearly joking. I said 'I take it you don't go up much.'

A joke.

Grendel

Just checked and what I said was that for the most part Mansfield seemed to be only using long punts upfield and that was entirely true. Out of every ten balls up field I would bet you that eight of those were directly up to their forwards.

They were looking so dangerous WHEN they went out wide, so why Evans decided to deploy that tactic is beyond me, but I never said they were only long ball merchants.

I don’t see one other poster that says they played a long ball game.

dongonzalos

I am still confused that people who went to the game need to watch the extended highlights in order to clarify what happened. Whilst they disagree with each other about what actually happened. I hope their opinion on things is still more valid than those who will just get to watch those same extended highlights and the match reports.
(Only teasing, don’t bite)

Users who are viewing this thread