Match Thread Coventry City - Mansfield Town Match Thread - Saturday 11th Nov (4 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't tell from that angle. Ref had a better view. Most certainly wasn't stonewall!

Burge has come out and said Rose was diving all game and there simply wasn't any great mass appeal from their players.

I did think the one where Rose got booked for diving looked like a pen though. Thought Grimmer just caught him, even though he did make a meal of it.

I am not sure if this rose has a reputation for diving but he will soon get one, this talk of signing him must be talk as he would bring nothing to the team and his constant falling over would drive me crazy

Grendel

I am not sure if this rose has a reputation for diving but he will soon get one, this talk of signing him must be talk as he would bring nothing to the team and his constant falling over would drive me crazy

McNulty is as bad and Doyle never misses an opportunity to feign histrionics either.

McNulty likes to stop and run into opponents to try and get a foul - yesterday he did it when he should have carried on - he may have scored.

covcity4life

If he gets 10 that will be as many as Beavon,Mcnulty and biamou added together at this rate
Yeah obe would hope somw of them increaae their tally by end of season too!

But ehat in teyibg to say ia pobticelli ia good. But there will be games he akes zero impact in abs goes missibg. Part and parcwl of being young player

Grendel

Would you have Reid back then G ? or play Shipley there?

Interested as to as how you would mix it up, if it's not working?

If it’s not working why would you even consider one of our worst players playing out of position. We don’t have 2 capable wingers with pace and we don’t have a good enough player in the middle to constantly distribute successfully.

Terry Gibson's perm

McNulty is as bad and Doyle never misses an opportunity to feign histrionics either.

McNulty likes to stop and run into opponents to try and get a foul - yesterday he did it when he should have carried on - he may have scored.

That's why I wouldn't like another we have enough already

Johnnythespider

I thought Hemmings looked a better player than him yesterday

Nick

Administrator
Hemmings was the striker booked for descent after a pen claim, I bet Willis was glad to go to right back

dongonzalos

Why do you need pace from a corner?

Other teams create chances, unless they all have strikers who score every chance which would be impressive.

Other teams just have strikers who score full stop. From the same amount of chances.
People said we didn’t need the out abd our goal scorer as the goals will come from else where.
Then they said we will do a burton.
Non of that is working we still need someone who will more often than not put their chance away.

Moff

Other teams just have strikers who score full stop. From the same amount of chances.
People said we didn’t need the out abd our goal scorer as the goals will come from else where.
Then they said we will do a burton.
Non of that is working we still need someone who will more often than not put their chance away.

You keep banging the same drum, so who would you suggest a cash strapped League Two signs in the transfer window? that is cheaply available that will score freely.
Its well and good saying something that we would all love but don't pretend that that reality exists.

Terry Gibson's perm

You keep banging the same drum, so who would you suggest a cash strapped League Two signs in the transfer window? that is cheaply available that will score freely.
Its well and good saying something that we would all love but don't pretend that that reality exists.

But he isn't paid to find them people at the club are, maybe we could catch burton on a bad day and see if they will swap Beavon back for sordell in fact we could throw in a sweetener of mcnulty and biamou

Great_Expectations

How is it that, while as a forum we have differing points of view on pretty much everything, we unanimously agree we lack creativity and another out and out winger, yet Robins either fails to see it or address it.

Yes Haynes isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but at least he’s willing to run at people, so why not put him on the wing? Or promote a winger from the youth team? The team is so unbalanced and we’re so easy to defend against as all you have to do is mark Jones. At least another pacey winger would give the opposition something else to think about.

I appreciate that losing Andreu was a massive blow but he’s had months to adapt and seemingly hasn’t.

I get the Kelly/Doyle are the same player argument, however I actually think Kelly has more to his game but he’s being asked to play a restricted role. Why not allow him more freedom when playing weaker teams or chasing the game? Or give Stevenson a chance to find some form - when he’s on it, surely he’d be one of the most creative players in the league.

I like Robins and I wouldn’t suggest anything as extreme as sacking him, but his performances over the last few weeks have meant an element of doubt has crept in.

mechaishida

No thanks I don't enjoy watching at the moment and that's without the non scoring striker coming back in

I didn't mean recalling Beavon for his shite goals per game record, more as an intelligent second striker who can hold the ball, pick out a through ball or two and distract defenders whilst others can get into the area.

Other than Beavon, who can do that?

It's not as if we're likely to bring someone in to do that job either...

Otis

How is it that, while as a forum we have differing points of view on pretty much everything, we unanimously agree we lack creativity and another out and out winger, yet Robins either fails to see it or address it.

Yes Haynes isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but at least he’s willing to run at people, so why not put him on the wing? Or promote a winger from the youth team? The team is so unbalanced and we’re so easy to defend against as all you have to do is Mark Jones. At least another pacey winger would give the opposition something else to think about.

I appreciate that losing Andreu was a massive blow but he’s had months to adapt and seemingly hasn’t.

I get the Kelly/Doyle are the same player argument, however I actually think Kelly has more to his game but he’s being asked to play a restricted role. Why not allow him more freedom when playing weaker teams or chasing the game? Or give Stevenson a chance to find some form - when he’s on it, surely he’d be one of the most creative players in the league.

I like Robins and I wouldn’t suggest anything as extreme as sacking him, but his performances over the last few weeks have meant an element of doubt has crept in.
Who's Mark Jones?

dongonzalos

That’s Robin’s job. He will find him the cash strapped club signed Mcnulty and Tony A. Their wages won’t have been cheap. Then paid a fee for a defender on the deadline day.
People will need to move on but we need that striker, Robins knows it and it’s his job to find him.
McNulty was his mistake. He is a good player but just not a ruthless finisher.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I didn't mean recalling Beavon for his shite goals per game record, more as an intelligent second striker who can hold the ball, pick out a through ball or two and distract defenders whilst others can get into the area.

Other than Beavon, who can do that?

It's not as if we're likely to bring someone in to do that job either...

But that means the one alongside has to score loads to make up for his lack of goals I don't think we have that player so we have a better chance of getting two scoring fifteen each than one getting thirty

stevefloyd

Like I have said before. This is almost a full new team and is still trying to gell together. We knew with bringing in so many new players that some would be duds. We have the best defence sitting 6th in the league I am sure almost everybody to a man would have accepted that before the season started sure its been shite at times thats foitball unfortunately. After the last few years we have had some crap being fans of CCFC but as much as we care point scoring over fellow fans aint gonna solve anything, obviously our attacking/scoring departments isnt working as well as it should and needs addressing either with different tactics or different personel but it aint over yet lets try and stick together as fans and put the inhouse fighting on a back burner

dongonzalos

879F1023-B97C-4067-BAD8-4D649C37BBA1.jpeg
Notwithstanding the fact I haven’t lost any debate and no one, as usual, agrees with you.

Mark Robins agrees with me, you know the bloke who say as a football manager is a miracle worker.....

“ I think we’re the best side in the division but we have just got to work out the best way of finishing moves off. But again, we have got to be ruthless in the final third.

We are creating chances and those goals will come. It’s just disappointing again because we could certainly be three points better off today.

We had plenty of chances and haven’t taken them because either the goalkeeper has made a good save or we’ve not hit the target

have created a number of chances, and really good chances and not conceded too many things.

But we’ve got an over-riding feeling of disappointment because we have to decide as a group that we have to be more ruthless. We have to be more ruthless.”

Nick

Administrator
View attachment 8360

Mark Robins agrees with me, you know the bloke who say as a football manager is a miracle worker.....

“ I think we’re the best side in the division but we have just got to work out the best way of finishing moves off. But again, we have got to be ruthless in the final third.

We are creating chances and those goals will come. It’s just disappointing again because we could certainly be three points better off today.

We had plenty of chances and haven’t taken them because either the goalkeeper has made a good save or we’ve not hit the target

have created a number of chances, and really good chances and not conceded too many things.

But we’ve got an over-riding feeling of disappointment because we have to decide as a group that we have to be more ruthless. We have to be more ruthless.”

Name the chances, it's simple if there are so many.

Grendel

Name the chances, it's simple if there are so many.

It like his assertion that forwards are getting enough chances on goal to sufficiently convert when those who actually bother to attend know that’s not the case. Signing another striker without addressing the real issue solved absolutely nothing

mark82

I'd say best bet is to take a gamble on someone from non-league. If you're after someone proven at this level it won't happen - they'll likely be looking higher.

Otis

It like his assertion that forwards are getting enough chances on goal to sufficiently convert when those who actually bother to attend know that’s not the case. Signing another striker without addressing the real issue solved absolutely nothing
I would much rather spend any money on a fast paced right sided midfielder in possession of a good cross in him.

Users who are viewing this thread