Match Thread Coventry City - Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 5th Aug (1 Viewer)

JulianDarbyFTW

Other things that stood out to me: McNulty never let their keeper kick it out of his hands unopposed. Beavon harried and harried, creating space for the more skilful and speedy players. Grimmer looks like he hates to lose, and also looks like he'll stand up for his teammates in a scrap. And Doyle and Kelly are the perfect midfield for a battle. They were outstanding imho. Long may it continue.

Nick

Administrator
Other things that stood out to me: McNulty never let their keeper kick it out of his hands unopposed. Beavon harried and harried, creating space for the more skilful and speedy players. Grimmer looks like he hates to lose, and also looks like he'll stand up for his teammates in a scrap. And Doyle and Kelly are the perfect midfield for a battle. They were outstanding imho. Long may it continue.

McNulty did that for most free kicks, I was expecting him to get booked.

better days

I think Vincenti is a great option. He swapped with Jones repeatedly, and both are so different that the opposition fullbacks have to effectively have 2 game plans. He tracked back well, got up top to support when he could, and took no shit. He also slotted into the middle a few times too, covering when Kelly went to press very high up. The sort of player that won't necessarily stand out, but is vital to the team. Flair players have their place, but you need workhorses too.
I suspect Jones will learn a lot from him too

covcity4life

i thought grimmer didnt really get going in an attacking sense till second half. he tried alot of nutmegs that didnt work but the fact its his go to move makes me think he is capable of doing it quite often. also he needs to strike an understanding with jones which will come in time.

Users who are viewing this thread