Match Thread Coventry City - Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 5th Aug (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Have you forgotten about our Duck? He looks strong, flies past defenders and can pick out a good pass.

Our defence and midfield looks solid. So he could be in front of them. Looks like he is capable of destroying most players in this Division.

Don't want to get too carried away but after his cameo yesterday I's start him up front in place of Beavon.

Winny the Bish

Have you forgotten about our Duck? He looks strong, flies past defenders and can pick out a good pass.

Our defence and midfield looks solid. So he could be in front of them. Looks like he is capable of destroying most players in this Division.

Not at all, but I don't think he's a real winger that would commit to tracking back and following his full back. I'd actually like to see him play up front with McNulty for a game or two.

I just think a Ryan Kent type flying winger would cause a huge amount of problems for League Two defenders like Richard Duffy. Especially when combined with Jones on the other flank. And with several loan spots left, we have the flexibility to bring one in.

Terry Gibson's perm

We have a flying winger on the books already have we forgotten about Kyle Reid?

phildownunder

Thanks to IFollow got to see first city match in several years. No commentary which was fine by me, but the crowd sounds were badly out of sync. I didn't realise this until the first goal was greeted by near silence. At first I thought it had been disallowed then saw the.players congratulating Jones. Then a roar came through about 5 or 6 secs after the goal and it was like that for the whole game. Never mind, great to be able to watch now.

Astute

Not at all, but I don't think he's a real winger that would commit to tracking back and following his full back. I'd actually like to see him play up front with McNulty for a game or two.

I just think a Ryan Kent type flying winger would cause a huge amount of problems for League Two defenders like Richard Duffy. Especially when combined with Jones on the other flank. And with several loan spots left, we have the flexibility to bring one in.
I didn't say as a real winger though. I would like him to sit in front of the midfield and go forward from there. From the videos I have seen and his run for the goal it seems to be what he is good at. And he seems to have a good pass on him as well as being able to beat players.

Astute

Don't want to get too carried away but after his cameo yesterday I's start him up front in place of Beavon.
Beavon did his job well though. Caused their defenders problems and they were doubling up on him giving other players space.

At long last there is a selection priblem for our manager where it isn't trying to work out which is the shittest players.

clint van damme

Beavon did his job well though. Caused their defenders problems and they were doubling up on him giving other players space.

At long last there is a selection priblem for our manager where it isn't trying to work out which is the shittest players.

he won a lot in the air as well against a much bigger man but we never really looked dangerous with him up front. Duck gave them all sorts of problems in his short time on the pitch.
Like you say, nice problem to have for a change.

shmmeee

Just been watching that ifollow footage on YouTube.

Thinking Id rather watch that in the comfort of my home without having to worry if I can't get back for a game, than go on my own (which seems to be my current option).

Curious to know what people think the ethics of it are. I know a few on here like to judge the fan status of others, what say you? I assume the club gets most of the money, even so it's be about half of what they'd get from a ticket, but I assume with less costs like policing and the like. But not going feels wrong.

What do people think about those that choose to watch on there?

Nick

Administrator

Thinking Id rather watch that in the comfort of my home without having to worry if I can't get back for a game, than go on my own (which seems to be my current option).

Curious to what people think the ethics of it are. I know a few on here like to judge the fan status of others, what say you? I assume the club gets most of the money, even so it's be about half of what they'd get from a ticket, but I assume with less costs like policing and the like. But not going feels wrong.

Go on your own :) it's not that bad, quite peaceful

shmmeee

Go on your own :)

Really? I've never been a go on my own guy anywhere, like the cinema or anything.

Maybe I should. I'd definitely go on my own for a big or important game, Id want the atmosphere. I dunno maybe I just need to get over the feeling Id be a saddo going to the footy in my Tod.

Sky Blue Pete

Really? I've never been a go on my own guy anywhere, like the cinema or anything.

Maybe I should. I'd definitely go on my own for a big or important game, Id want the atmosphere. I dunno maybe I just need to get over the feeling Id be a saddo going to the footy in my Tod.
Come with me and my son and father in law

steve82

Curious to know what people think the ethics of it are. I know a few on here like to judge the fan status of others, what say you? I assume the club gets most of the money, even so it's be about half of what they'd get from a ticket, but I assume with less costs like policing and the like. But not going feels wrong.

From a personal point of view it dont replicate being there but then I follow is better than the radio so it's what's works for you.

wingy

So long as they get the bulk of royalties much like artists or Movies if you're a fan why cheat?
Who has set the level charged?

clint van damme

social inadequates and in all likelihood potential serial killers.
Just joking, what is it?

Otis

Come and sit next to me, Shmmeee. I pretty much always go on my own, but am sometimes occasionally joined by a fellow SBT member (as was the case yesterday).

Nick

Administrator

I thought that but really didn't mind it, just went to the game, took it in then home :) can concentrate more on the football too

If you look, there are loads who do.

Otis

Yep, indeed. I see quite a few all by themselves.

I have been doing it now since 3 or 4 years before we moved to the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
I've often been on my own. Surrounded by Leicester fans around here so if I fancy a game I either drag one of them along or go on my own. It's quite nice on your own.

Agree, you can just go to the game and watch it and take it all in. I found I notice more little bits that I wouldn't if somebody else was there as I'd be talking.

chiefdave

Used to go with my Dad but he had enough so been going on my own the last couple of years. Loads of people do and I find most of our fans are pretty decent people if you fancy a chat.

Otis

I have a whole row free if anyone fancies it.

We should do a SBT row for one cup game or something. Once we agree to that we can nominate which members you want down the other end of the row.

Loughborough Sky Blue

I have a whole row free if anyone fancies it.

We should do a SBT row for one cup game or something. Once we agree to that we can nominate which members you want down the other end of the row.
We'd have to have those little "hi my name is..." Badges so we know who to avoid. Might get a bit lonely for some though!

Liquid Gold

I've been to games on my own in the past and quite enjoy it. I'm the only one with a ST out of my group this year so I expect I'll spend a few on my own. The only thing that I don't really like is sitting on your own in the pub in advance and I can't watch city without a drink, I'd notice how bad we are.

Nick

Administrator
I've been to games on my own in the past and quite enjoy it. I'm the only one with a ST out of my group this year so I expect I'll spend a few on my own. The only thing that I don't really like is sitting on your own in the pub in advance and I can't watch city without a drink, I'd notice how bad we are.

Well yeah, don't think I could do an all dayer before and after on my own. That would be too far.

Liquid Gold

Well yeah, don't think I could do an all dayer before and after on my own. That would be too far.
Not an all dayer but I have to be up here at a decent time to get a free parking space so that leaves me time to kill so I have a couple in advance. To be honest I might start turning up at random family members places and drag them along.

mds

Hard done by, i thought they were lucky not to have at least 2 players booked before they got the one for dissent, apparently we were milking it, maybe so but overall i think they got the better of the refs decisions. They looked unfit and poorly prepared compared to us, totally, we actually looked fit and ready, solid and prepared across the pitch with the right players in the right positions, not too often you could say that recently.
Pleased with the opener to the season, was expected, proof of the pudding and all that, see how we look after 10 games.
And on that note, after 10 games im gonna look like a right dick but hey.
23pts 1 defeat and 2 draws, Swindon, Crewe and the Shrews we`ll trip up or drop points against.
The rest they say is history.

Users who are viewing this thread