Match Thread Coventry City - Shrewsbury Town Match Thread - Tuesday 29th Aug (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Perfect. Great comeback against a team in a higher league made possible by switching up the formation. Only lose to a free kick right at the end. Sooner we're knocked out of this the better.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Much better in the second half,
2 up front.
Must keep to 442 !

Covstu

Load of shite, chasing the near impossible then let it slip again. Too sloppy at the back has cost us again

Gazolba

A Town should never beat a City.

matesx

Fuck the result realising we need to play 442 will be more valuable.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
SW88 what's your opinions on Vincenti now? You liked him in pre-season, from the 4 games I have seen on him he doesn't seem to add anything? Wins his headers of course and works hard, but doesn't seem to add much else imo?

I want to like him but not sure he suits the way we want to play.

We're much better getting it down on the deck, but like you say he only seems to offer us an aerial threat, if that some times

I'd be interested to know where he played for Rochdale and how they fit him in, as he did seem highly rated there, didn't he ?

JulianDarbyFTW

We haven't had a settled back 4 this season apart from the first 2 games. With so many new players, this doesn't help, but injuries are part and parcel of the game I guess. Still, give it a little more time and I think all will be good. Far too early to be gloom and doom, far too early to be castigating the manager, and far too early to be writing some of the players off.

stevefloyd

I still think Vincenti is being played out of position, he is not the most mobile so not much point playing him out wide

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Vincenti is dog shit at best

skybluegod

I want to like him but not sure he suits the way we want to play.

We're much better getting it down on the deck, but like you say he only seems to offer us an aerial threat, if that some times

I'd be interested to know where he played for Rochdale and how they fit him in, as he did seem highly rated there, didn't he ?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, but the problem is, is if we were to go 4-4-2 we don't have any natural wide players other than Jodi?
Yeah would be interesting to see what they say because I can't see him fitting in here.
He's just too slow for me.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

Football is a funny old game. It's taken a couple of enforced changes to drive a change in formation but if Robins learns from that and sticks with a 442 for Saturday it's positive. Hopefully also showed some of our fans that the academy graduates are good enough too, when needed.
Probably only lose by 2 goals on Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread