Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (2 Viewers)

Grendel

San Francisco

It was weird seeing quite a lot of Luton fans leaving at the same time as us. If ever there's a time to hang around after the final whistle

I’m sure most of them are lovely people but on the day they were shocking in terms of support. Only started singing after they scored then died down again for the rest of the match until they won.

Unbelievably quiet considering the occasion. We were much better and louder.

Boosh

Thought BNC did well, if we were to get him, McNally and Esbrand back we would at least have some continuity in the back 5. I fear we have an awful lot to do this summer before even considering upgrading on Godden, Allen, Wilson, Fadz etc

procdoc

Thought BNC did well, if we were to get him, McNally and Esbrand back we would at least have some continuity in the back 5. I fear we have an awful lot to do this summer before even considering upgrading on Godden, Allen, Wilson, Fadz etc
Agreed. This is our most important transfer window in years

tommydazzle

He didn't save them cause they ended up in the net... really small margins. The off side was very tight the handball in the first half wasn't particularly obvious (unlike the 2nd one). We are all gutted.
The second one - I believe if he’d had the presence of mind to square it to his unmarked teammate with an open goal - it would have counted.

Grendel

Never a fan of penalty shootouts. Keep playing - sudden death, my preferred option. At least live and die as a team.

Wed still be there now

Otis

It’s a horrible feeling, but you go to games for the emotion and the drama. A drubbing has none of that, it’s just shit.
Yeah, it's shit, but my doctor told me to take it easy and not get stressed out.

That was very, very stressful

shmmeee

you play football to win matches

you create a system of play to suit you. Pace is a weapon and we lack it so it would always be a problem if we let them get behind us

Middlesbrough said the same about us and they dominate possession

Possession stats and passing stats win nothing and a fan just wants to win football matches

I pay to watch football to be entertained. I don’t own a club.

Grendel

Well it's not Luton towns job to entertain Coventry fans. I'm sure Luton fans found it very entertaining

You must have been pretty disappointed with some of our football towards the end of the season

We were dull as fuck against Middlesbrough I’d rather we lost 5-4

shmmeee

know what you mean but I’m pretty sure everyone would have taken a horrible, niggly, dire 1-0 win yesterday
Yeah sure in a one off game or even like this season or first up when needs must, but as an identity for a football club? No way.

shmmeee

Well it's not Luton towns job to entertain Coventry fans. I'm sure Luton fans found it very entertaining

You must have been pretty disappointed with some of our football towards the end of the season

I was. But as I said needs must. We are also capable of some lovely football and haven’t just been a kick and rush and beat up the opponents team. In the same way I’d rather see Luton and City do what they’ve done than watch a team built by an oil baron.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

View attachment 30028

Do you all still want to carry on kissing Luton’s back side? Fucking tinpot cunts
How dare they tweet their manager kissing the trophy…. Doubt we’ll see Man City doing that. Not sure what you’re expecting a team would do in that situation

nobody told you to follow their Twitter. Just don’t be a shit loser man, all that needs to be said is, well done Luton and move on. Be gutted, down and depressed - but don’t throw your toys out the pram

Grendel

I was. But as I said needs must. We are also capable of some lovely football and haven’t just been a kick and rush and beat up the opponents team. In the same way I’d rather see Luton and City do what they’ve done than watch a team built by an oil baron.

We’ve blocked teams out a lot and happy to concede possession.

shmmeee

How dare they tweet their manager kissing the trophy…. Doubt we’ll see Man City doing that. Not sure what you’re expecting a team would do in that situation

nobody told you to follow their Twitter. Just don’t be a shit loser man, all that needs to be said is, well done Luton and move on. Be gutted, down and depressed - but don’t throw your toys out the pram

I think it’s more the “Woke up this morning feeling fine” but…

shmmeee

We’ve blocked teams out a lot and happy to concede possession.

Yes. Because we lost our entire midfield and for large parts our striking options. We didn’t set out to do that and we have a team of good footballers who can play some great stuff. The goal yesterday for example. Yes as we tired and injuries hit we had to do what we had to do to get over the line, but it’s ludicrous to pretend with a full squad that’s what we’d have done.

Users who are viewing this thread