Coventry City v Luton Town - Championship playoff final - 27th May 2023 - Wembley Stadium (3 Viewers)

croatskyblue

We were drawing with them until he took that penalty? That’s a fact

And no, I don’t think he missed it on purpose, but he didn’t even get it on target

you are just desperate to go after the guy and you are ignoring the entire 120 mins previous to that, but whatever

oscillatewildly

I don’t get paid for it, so I’m unable to class myself as a professional.

Unlike Dabo, who actually gets paid to be a footballer, although after his performances this season and yesterdays miss, you would find hard to believe
He's not been 100% fit for most of it - Even when selected. And he doesn't select himself.

CovInEssex

Should be one coin toss. Each team then gets one choice. No idea why they toss coin twice. You either pick end or decide who goes first.

Maybe they thought it's a lottery but not enough of a lottery so wanted to add more randomness.

theferret

Should be one coin toss. Each team then gets one choice. No idea why they toss coin twice. You either pick end or decide who goes first.

Totally agree. Taking the first penalty is a huge advantage, is it 60 or 70% of teams who take the first penalty go on to win? To give them the added advantage of end choice should not happen.

Can be done though as Carlisle have just demonstrated.

Otis

Give Dabo a break. It's a lottery.
Exactly this.

To say he lost us the game is just daft. Penalties are indeed a bit of a lottery.

If he WAS a penalty taker and had missed, then that's a different matter. I could then understand a bit of criticism. You wouldn't expect likes of Godden to blaze one over the bar would you.

None of us thought Dabo would score yesterday when he stepped up. And that's because we had run out of nominated penalty takers and were down to defenders.

I would have preferred Bidwell or Fadz to have taken one, but they didn't. It came down to a full back.

Otis

That’s how you fucking win a penalty shootout infront of the opposition fans! Keep your fucking head!!!!
We scored all our 5. All our penalty takers scored.

Don't see how you can compare.

The Stockport vs Carlisle game didn't get past the nominated takers.

That's not a good argument to be honest

They scored their 5 because it was the 5 nominated penalty takers.

jordan210

Saw someone claiming Dabo had a laser
Pen in his eyes for his pen.
Any one see anything. Don’t want to watch !

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Im pretty sure even with all you’ve mentioned above, after 120 minutes the game finished 1-1. So even after all that they hadn’t beat us.

They won because Dabo missed his penalty , it’s as simple as that. That’s on him. He lost us the game!

Not enough people are hurting today , everyone’s to busy patting Luton on the back, kissing their arse and everyone wants to give Dabo a bravery sticker.
Wilson had 6 attempts to save a penalty and failed every time. Statistically he should have saved at least one.

Dabo didn't score a penalty, but neither did Fadz, Bidwell and others.

Players made mistakes during the game that, had they not, the score may well have been different and Dabo would have never needed to take a pen. Allen was ineffective for instance.

But instead let's just be simple and make it about a single kick.

I know yesterday was hard to take and we're all hurting but it's coming across as either childish or personal.

no_loyalty

Has this always been the case? seems very unfair to me.

Users who are viewing this thread