Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Think Simms has to start. He’s played less than the other two anyway, is younger, and needs every chance to put a goal away right now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Think Simms has to start. He’s played less than the other two anyway, is younger, and needs every chance to put a goal away right now.
I'd definitely play him at some point, replacing Godden. Maybe give him a half.

Skybluedownunder

Ayari is awful... why bother?

Awful is strong wording… if Brighton have spent £5m on him I highly doubt he is ‘awful’… he’s just not ready for this level. Perhaps playing him against a League One opponent might be his level and help his confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

We should take it seriously, you never know what a good run could lead to and it would be stupid to lose our unbeaten run right now by playing a weak side.

Sky Blue Harry H

Boring question - is it pay on the gate for this?

Answered my own question - yes, it is pay on the gate!

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Morale's already high, cup win could do wonders. Beating Stoke then taking 7k to MK Dons in the L2 season must have galvanised the team.

Just checked and the attendance for the Stoke game was only 14k (albeit still double what we usually got). Seems a world away now.

Gynnsthetonic

Morale's already high, cup win could do wonders. Beating Stoke then taking 7k to MK Dons in the L2 season must have galvanised the team.

Just checked and the attendance for the Stoke game was only 14k (albeit still double what we usually got). Seems a world away now.
Really enjoyed that Stoke game, proper cup tie, we were 4th Division and they were a Prem side, amazing in a short space of time we now regularly finish above them in the league

Sky Blue Harry H

Help from anyone! If I want to print an Oxford ticket off at home, where does that option show? Every other time I've tried, it ends up getting posted, and I want to order/print later today. Cheers in advance!

Cov kid 55

I don’t care what the score is, I will just be fuming if I’m not listening, with anticipation, to the 4th round draw!

Legia Sky Blue

Middlesbrough are in the semis of the league cup so why not?

Not neccessarily the best example for those wanting us to put our strongest team out, given their current injury situation.

Given our squad looks much stronger this year I'm all for resting up most of our regulars following the intense run of games we've just had. We should still have enough to beat a League 1 side who have a number of injured players missing themselves.

I'd be happy to start with:
Wilson
Latibeaudiere McFadzean Binks Dasilva
Kelly (or Ayari) Palmer Allen
Simms Godden Tavares

AOM

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks Dasilva
Kelly Ayari Sheaf
Tavares Simms Palmer

S: Collins, MvE, Thomas, Eccles, Allen, Sakamoto, O’Hare, Wright, Godden

This is what I'd play as well. Get players much needed game time in the current formation and hopefully enough quality to still win the game

MalcSB

Awful is strong wording… if Brighton have spent £5m on him I highly doubt he is ‘awful’… he’s just not ready for this level. Perhaps playing him against a League One opponent might be his level and help his confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awful is not strong wording, it’s an accurate description of his contribution here. Brighton can cock up in the transfer market like anyone else. He’s supposedly a Swedish international and he’s not ready for this level at 20 years old? Send him back to the seaside, please.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Will definitely start, Mark Robins is waiting on Haji Wright injury 🤕

Bernie Rhodes Nose

Not neccessarily the best example for those wanting us to put our strongest team out, given their current injury situation.

Given our squad looks much stronger this year I'm all for resting up most of our regulars following the intense run of games we've just had. We should still have enough to beat a League 1 side who have a number of injured players missing themselves.

I'd be happy to start with:
Wilson
Latibeaudiere McFadzean Binks Dasilva
Kelly (or Ayari) Palmer Allen
Simms Godden Tavares
Our subs bench is going to be busy.

johnwillomagic

Think some for players who’ve not played much will get game time in this one but stick with 4-3-3 formation

Wilson
Da Silva. LB
Fadz. CB
Binks. CB
Latz. RB
Kelly. CM
Eccles. CM
Allen. CM
Palmer. ATT
Godden. ATT
Simms. ATT

would be my stab at start xi

pw362

Why is everyone picking Lats ? He's been involved in at least 30 games this season. Including internationals when the rest of the squad get a break.

shmmeee

Why is everyone picking Lats ? He's been involved in at least 30 games this season. Including internationals when the rest of the squad get a break.

Eccles and Godden too

Similarly I’d have no issue playing O’Hare as he’s finding full match fitness

ccfc1234

McFadz in a back 4 might not be pretty and I remember the days he used to get exposed by league 1 teams for pace. He became a ball playing lynchpin in a back 3 but to play a rusty McFadz in that role to me is not fair on him.

Users who are viewing this thread