Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnsley Match Thread - Saturday 15th Sep (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

We can't fucking chase teams when we go behind so I pray they don't nick an early one, I also pray we don't just lump it - because I've seen more of it this season than a large portion of last season, already.

Paxman II

I think we will improve again this week as the team starts to gel together. Chaplin looks to be a menace with his movement and providing opportunity for others as much as himself. Eager to prove himself and not lacking confidence. JCH surely relishing the chance to stake a claim and my only concern is the midfield set up. Think maybe Ogogo sitting in front of defenders to help Doyler.
Teams on decent runs can't win every week and I think Barnsley are due a defeat and we another win. Think we might find our scoring boots in this one to surprise everyone. 3-1.

Otis

I think we will improve again this week as the team starts to gel together. Chaplin looks to be a menace with his movement and providing opportunity for others as much as himself. Eager to prove himself and not lacking confidence. JCH surely relishing the chance to stake a claim and my only concern is the midfield set up. Think maybe Ogogo sitting in front of defenders to help Doyler.
Teams on decent runs can't win every week and I think Barnsley are due a defeat and we another win. Think we might find our scoring boots in this one to surprise everyone. 3-1.
Goals are going to be at a premium.

4-3.

We can't fucking chase teams when we go behind so I pray they don't nick an early one, I also pray we don't just lump it - because I've seen more of it this season than a large portion of last season, already.

Yes lumping it was noticeable against Oxford.
Surpringly It did work though JCH won most of his headers. Usually if we lump it we lose possession and it comes straight back quick time.

skyblueelephant76

Robins explained why they went long against Oxford and based on how Barnsley play the press I would expect more of it tomorrow, especially early on.

JulianDarbyFTW

We've only beaten the bottom two teams. Based on that, I have to go with head rather than heart and say we'll get a bit of a thumping. Barnsley to win it 3 goals to zilch.

clint van damme

I think we'll win, I'm confident we will in fact.
Though when I'm confident it's usually the precursor to a woeful display.

Gazolba

Heart says win, head says defeat, prediction league says draw.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I’m going for 3-1 and us to finally convert some of those chances we’ve been creating at the Ricoh!!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Gazolba

Doesn't your heart always say win?
Not necessarily. If we needed a point to get promoted and our opponent needed a point to avoid relegation, my heart might say a draw.

Last edited:

Westendlad

3-1 City....Chaplin 2 & Shipley.......Oh and ps.......If you've got nothing positive to say when reporting on the game tomorrow then please....Shut the fuck up and wait till the game is over.

Ricketts

3-1 City....Chaplin 2 & Shipley.......Oh and ps.......If ysou've got nothing positive to say when reporting on the game tomorrow then please....Shut the fuck up and wait till the game is over.
Nice concept, and I wholeheartedly agree.

In fact go further, wait until 2070.

However it probably wont affect the result, the players probably (hopefully) dont log on until the final whistle

AVWskyblue

Nice concept, and I wholeheartedly agree.

In fact go further, wait until 2070.

However it probably wont affect the result, the players probably (hopefully) dont log on until the final whistle
I think 3-1 to us, Chaplin to score 2 and hopefully Baka score the third

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Adge

I think a draw today would be a decent result. 1-1.

Otis

Isn't a tiniest tad very very small?! Lolz, I'd love to see how sarcastic you'd be if you were being a lot sarcastic! Because that seemed to be quite a big bit of sarcasm :woot:
Yeah, that was me at a 4 on a Spinal Tap amp.

You've yet to see me turned up to 11.

Nick

Administrator
Whatever happened to Adam Hammill? Looks like he is a free agent now but was decent for them, went to Wolves and didn't do much and went back to Barnsley and did well again. Always scored a few screamers.

Sky Blue Harry H

I nearly always have to have a pre-match beer before watching City (and 100% if it's an away game) but am waivering today. Want to watch 100% sober, so my opinion is not clouded by alcohol - only downside is I am not likely to shout/sing etc quite as much (so will cheer my mate up who sits next to me)

Sky Blue Harry H

Whatever happened to Adam Hammill? Looks like he is a free agent now but was decent for them, went to Wolves and didn't do much and went back to Barnsley and did well again. Always scored a few screamers.

Heard he's making a new Star Wars film?

Nick

Administrator
Didn't know they had George Moncur too.

Have to hope Doyle has a bit of cover else he will run rings around him, if he has any sense though:

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread