Match Thread Coventry City vs Barnsley Match Thread - Saturday 15th Sep (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I nearly always have to have a pre-match beer before watching City (and 100% if it's an away game) but am waivering today. Want to watch 100% sober, so my opinion is not clouded by alcohol - only downside is I am not likely to shout/sing etc quite as much (so will cheer my mate up who sits next to me)

went to a rake of home games sober last season, trust me, the inebriated option is far preferable.

Otis

Didn't know they had George Moncur too.

Have to hope Doyle has a bit of cover else he will run rings around him, if he has any sense though:

giphy.gif
If you were ref you'd be calling 'play on' there.

Skybluefaz

Didn't know they had George Moncur too.

Have to hope Doyle has a bit of cover else he will run rings around him, if he has any sense though:

giphy.gif
I remember his dad getting sent off for stamping on Gary Mcallister at Highfield Road whilst playing for West Ham back in the glory days.

lifeskyblue

Very difficult game today. Will tell us a lot about our progression. Only the second club we are facing that is top half and the first with a realistic chance of promotion. Come on city...hoping first Barnsley defeat today but expecting a 2-2 draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazed&confused

Alarming fact. Of all the games being played this weekend in the top four divisions, Coventry together with Watford have the longest odds for a home win, and Barnsley along with Manchester United have have the shortest odds for an away win. Should we be worried? Never! What do bookmakers know? Time to get on the double. But which one? No idea about the score, but l'll say 11,650 for the attendance.

wingy

Feeling good and positive
Naive optimism but I'm going with 2-0
Sometimes things just click or you get a dodgy refs decision
Who is the guy in the middle today

Nick

Administrator
I can take losing but I do want to see some sort of game plan. Nothing worse when you get something like the Blackpool game where its just 11 blokes who don't seem to know each other in the same kit just messing about.

covcity4life

I can take losing but I do want to see some sort of game plan. Nothing worse when you get something like the Blackpool game where its just 11 blokes who don't seem to know each other in the same kit just messing about.
What's worrying is despite robin's success with us I still reckon we only play well for portions of game. Rest of it is headless.

Only a few games in league 2 I remember where put in 90 minute shift

Otis

What's worrying is despite robin's success with us I still reckon we only play well for portions of game. Rest of it is headless.

Only a few games in league 2 I remember where put in 90 minute shift
At times we have looked very fluid and impressive, but then on other occasions it's like the players have just met for the first time.

SkyBlueCRJ

I find it difficult suggesting there isn't a game plan going into fixtures - even games such as Blackpool where we look appalling there still would've been a game plan in place. It's down to the players to understand this game plan, listen to what the manager is putting across and execute his orders. Sometimes it doesn't always come off and there are games such as Blackpool where the managers' orders go through one ear and out of the other. But it seems to me they are not listening or understanding MRs' orders. So IMO rather than a lack of a game plan going into games it's clear that there is huge a communication problem within the squad. Whether that it is down to MR or the players themselves is a different matter for a different thread.

But game after game this season it seems that we are repeating the same issues. No game plan, players look like they haven't played with each other, their positioning is poor, why is Baka always offside etc, why aren't our full backs getting forward etc. etc. There must be a reason for this as I'm not yet resigned to the fact that it's down to poor recruitment. IMO rather than it not looking as if there isn't a game plan in place. I think a huge issue within the playing staff is communication.

jordan210

All I hope is if things do start going wrong if Robins can make the changes everyone else sees needs to happen at the time they are needed then I can live with a loss.

Lossing and not changing anything is not what we need

chiefdave

Going to be a tough game today. We won't get as many chances as we've had in some other games so far this season so the finishing will need to be a lot better.

Philosorapter

Got a good feeling about today. These guys are certainly within our scope.

Home advantage should give us the advantage to close any gap there could be between the teams.

This one may be a season changer if the team can click together.

Hopefully a minimum of a draw. Could be a win.

Users who are viewing this thread