Match Thread Coventry City vs Lincoln City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Mar (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Never heard of the first two.

Let me guess.

1. Spanish?
2. Danish? Swedish?

I HAVE heard of Kronenbourg

Give ‘em a go, they’re bloody delicious! (Well I think so anyway) Pretty readily available in supermarkets these days.

1. Correct, Barcelona
2. Czech, Prague

lifeskyblue

When in Barca I do have an Estella. But never had Staropromen.
At moment having anHighland Park whisky. Not my fav but more than acceptable. One daughter just texted me as she in a whisky bar in brum about what to have. She is a philistine and started with a Japanese whiskey. At least she is on an Oban now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

If you can scrape together an SBT 11 a side team then head over to Brno. I manage the local expat team here and we can give you a game in the iconic disused 50000 za luzankami stadion in between you spending the rest of the weekend sampling some of the best lager/pilsner in the world!
Disused you say.
Why is that?

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

That's a fair point, although it is annoying that Lincoln were seemingly so desperate to get it called off. You are THE most "glass half full" City fan ever though I reckon. If you found out that your brother had shagged your wife, you'd say "ah well, better than with some stranger"!

Lmfao

Londonccfcfan

That's a fair point, although it is annoying that Lincoln were seemingly so desperate to get it called off. You are THE most "glass half full" City fan ever though I reckon. If you found out that your brother had shagged your wife, you'd say "ah well, better than with some stranger"!
Im not on to be judgemental but your profile name does appear to suggest your glass half empty.

Positivity. It's in my dna . I will always hope it rubs off on a few. Want to get away from the CCFC negative mindset.
I have my moments.

I just love my happy pills it's called life and there's nothing more precious than your health be it mental or physical.

Otis

Im not on to be judgemental but your profile name does appear to suggest your glass half empty.

Positivity. It's in my dna . I will always hope it rubs off on a few. Want to get away from the CCFC negative mindset.
I have my moments.

I just love my happy pills it's called life and there's nothing more precious than your health be it mental or physical.
Well most of us definitely think you're mental.

;)

no_loyalty

When in Barca I do have an Estella. But never had Staropromen.
At moment having anHighland Park whisky. Not my fav but more than acceptable. One daughter just texted me as she in a whisky bar in brum about what to have. She is a philistine and started with a Japanese whiskey. At least she is on an Oban now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try the Cruz Campo when you were in Barcelona? it's a really nice lager

Esoterica

It's an incredible story that the video doesn't do justice. Was the biggest stadium in Czechoslovakia: 50,000 standing, hosted European games but they were forced to move to a 12000 seater because it stopped meeting FIFA criteria and closed in 2001. Local boy and Brno captain Petr Švancara who had played for Brno at Za Luzankami 18 years ago, before moving around several clubs and ending up back at Brno, said his dream was to have his testimonial in this now 15 years disused stadium. As you can see at the start of the video it was very eerie but strangely beautiful, totally overgrown, full of bushes and trees, still with the goalposts up!
With a bit of crowdfunding and a lot of help from local volunteers every weekend for months (we sent our expats team up to help too) 66% of the stadium was declared safe and the pictures at the end are from his 35,000 attendance testimonial match. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have ever experienced, Brno has gone from setting the Czech record for highest attendance in 1997, 44,120, to averaging 3500 each week in their awful 'temporary' home of now 18 years, so you can imagine how charged and emotional it was for the locals.

Imagine we'd moved to the Butts from Highfield Road but instead of it being torn down, it was just left to nature for 20 years, before Gary McSheffrey putting out a plea for his last match to be there and all the fans helping to restore Highfield Road for 1 final game there.

Anyone that has a spare 5 minutes should watch the video. It's really incredible.

Last edited:

ceetee

I find it a very difficult concept that anyone can have a favourite lager

Perhaps it's my age

wingy

It's an incredible story that the video doesn't do justice. Was the biggest stadium in Czechoslovakia: 50,000 standing, hosted European games but they were forced to move to a 12000 seater because it stopped meeting FIFA criteria and closed in 2001. Local boy and Brno captain Petr Švancara who had played for Brno at Za Luzankami 18 years ago, before moving around several clubs and ending up back at Brno, said his dream was to have his testimonial in this now 15 years disused stadium. As you can see at the start of the video it was very eerie but strangely beautiful, totally overgrown, full of bushes and trees, still with the goalposts up!
With a bit of crowdfunding and a lot of help from local volunteers every weekend for months (we sent our expats team up to help too) 66% of the stadium was declared safe and the pictures at the end are from his 35,000 attendance testimonial match. The atmosphere was unlike anything I have ever experienced, Brno has gone from setting the Czech record for highest attendance in 1997, 44,120, to averaging 3500 each week in their awful 'temporary' home of now 18 years, so you can imagine how charged and emotional it was for the locals.

Imagine we'd moved to the Butts from Highfield Road but instead of it being torn down, it was just left to nature for 20 years, before Gary McSheffrey putting out a plea for his last match to be there and all the fans helping to restore Highfield Road for 1 final game there.

Anyone that has a spare 5 minutes should watch the video. It's really incredible.
It really is isn't it .

Esoterica

It really is isn't it .
One of the games we hosted there last summer against some some London lads whose team were over for the weekend. Managed to sneak the Sky Blues Czech flag into the picture!
20214554_834172436757857_1645897502949376000_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread