Match Thread Coventry City vs Stevenage Match Thread - Friday 20th Apr (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Kelly was superb tonight.

Brilliant atmosphere at the Ricoh as well. Fair play to the Stevenage fans joining in.

ccfcway

MR

"spoke about coming out the traps quickly"

"fantastic start"

"furious that we gave them a chance and it was 2-1, we have to cut that out "

ccfcway

MR

"ROD need to learn, that mistake is 1 thing he has to cut out his game"

"Really good goal from Kelly"

"Sending off has affected the game"

"really pleased with the 3 points"

ccfcway

MR

"Kelly looks like he is growing with confidence"

"disappointing 2nd half, we seemed to sit on our Laurels a bit"

ccfcway

MR

"Tuesday is a different kettle of fish, A good team are coming and we need to be right up for it"

Marty

Played well, great first 10 mins. Disappointed we didn't test their keeper more in the second half.

BackRoomRummermill

Great game and tactics well done to all , the players backed off over running to save fitness and injuries , good work Robins keep it up , good tactics , solid pro win

CCFC54321

Seen the Lincoln city brothers with there onterage in the lounges before the game. What a couple of posers mincing about in there skinny fit Lincoln city tracksuits. As somebody said near them it’s not as if they hadn’t had time after training to bloody change?! Bit of attention seeking going in by the pair. Embarrassing.

Ricketts

Seen the Lincoln city brothers with there onterage in the lounges before the game. What a couple of posers mincing about in there skinny fit Lincoln city tracksuits. As somebody said near them it’s not as if they hadn’t had time after training to bloody change?! Bit of attention seeking going in by the pair. Embarrassing.
Perhaps shell suits are what they class as best clobber in Lincoln. Its really only a non-league team having a couple of flukey years.

ccfchoi87

Apparently we've took the lead 21 times this season, winning 19 and drawing 2. Don't know how true that is but some going if so.

Otis

Apparently we've took the lead 21 times this season, winning 19 and drawing 2. Don't know how true that is but some going if so.
Clive Eakin alluded to it on CWR.

Apparently the last time we scored first and didn't win was against ....... Stevenage.

Covstu

2nd half a non event but great atmosphere. Kelly was superb tonight, battled for everything and made great runs into the box. Very happy tonight and love Friday night games !

ccfchoi87

Also apparently mcnulty when level with MO salah for being involved in the most goals in 2018. McNulty and salah are on 17 with James Maddison on 13.

fernandopartridge

2nd half a non event but great atmosphere. Kelly was superb tonight, battled for everything and made great runs into the box. Very happy tonight and love Friday night games !
I think regular Friday night games might help reinvigorate fans a bit. It's a bit of a novelty and less like going through the motions. It did Stockport County and Tranmere brilliantly in the 80s and 90s, admittedly they were battling to win supporters of nearby big clubs.

Johhny Blue

Who knows what he meant.

He probably calls his wife Belinda, Barbara, and has to write the names of his kids down on the back of his wrist.

Apparently he's also just booked a holiday in Cornwall for the summer.

Can't wait to see his face when he gets off the plane and Kim Jong Un greets him at the airport.
At least he can go to bed happy tonight knowing that we won and McNulty got a hat trick

Cavan O'Doherty

Kelly definitely MOTM for me. Didn’t know he had that in his locker when he went on some of them runs, decent finish as well. Hopefully this new 4-3-3 suits him better and he’s able to get forward more often.

Adge

Yeah, Kelly man of the match. Or was it someone else wearing his shirt?:emoji_thinking:

skybluepm2

Are the twins Vincent and stokes injured?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Surely Vincenti and Stokes aren’t twins? Certainly not identical anyway?

But no, I don’t think they’re injured. Would be surprised to see Vincenti play for us again. Disappointed that Stokes isn’t occupying the left back berth. He didn’t even make the bench last night!

clint van damme

what was the round of applause for on 48 minutes?
Some people seemed to know what was going on, most didn't have a clue.

Otis

Are the twins Vincent and stokes injured?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stokes had an injury according to CWR and that's why he dropped out of the squad and was replaced by Hyam.

The DKE's unfortunately, shouldn't be near the squad anymore I don't think and need to be moved on in the summer.

Shame, but it's a tough old world in football.

We already know that Vincenti is in need of surgery, but he has of course featured anyway. Interesting on him as to whether it is the injury keeping him out of the squad, or if it was tactical from LSR.

clint van damme

Stokes had an injury according to CWR and that's why he dropped out of the squad and was replaced by Hyam.

The DKE's unfortunately, shouldn't be near the squad anymore I don't think and need to be moved on in the summer.

Shame, but it's a tough old world in football.

We already know that Vincenti is in need of surgery, but he has of course featured anyway. Interesting on him as to whether it is the injury keeping him out of the squad, or if it was tactical from LSR.

I don't agree about the DKE who plays midfield, (Devon?). I think he's ahown glimpses of talent. One game in particular but I can't remember who. I 'd give him a bit longer.
Dion is very tenacious but I think he's too small for a modern day defender.

Otis

I don't agree about the DKE who plays midfield, (Devon?). I think he's ahown glimpses of talent. One game in particular but I can't remember who. I 'd give him a bit longer.
Dion is very tenacious but I think he's too small for a modern day defender.
I think Devon played really well in one game earlier in the season, but I believe it is supposed to be the other twin, Dion, who is the better footballer.

Seems to have better touch and control.

Maybe we could try Dion in midfield instead of Devon.

Users who are viewing this thread