Match Thread Coventry City vs Stevenage Match Thread - Friday 20th Apr (1 Viewer)

Otis

Nah it was mentioned on Facebook and that's how the applause came about.
Okay. Don't do Facebook, so that's why I wouldn't know anything about it.

Someone should have posted on here. I didn't applaud cos I had no idea what it was for.

clint van damme

I think Devon played really well in one game earlier in the season, but I believe it is supposed to be the other twin, Dion, who is the better footballer.

Seems to have better touch and control.

Maybe we could try Dion in midfield instead of Devon.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite because i normally moan when people talk about a players size and cite the likes of Messi and Iniesta but it's different as a defender.
I think a full back of that size will always be targeted by the opposition aerially.

Adge

I'm a bit of a hypocrite because i normally moan when people talk about a players size and cite the likes of Messi and Iniesta but it's different as a defender.
I think a full back of that size will always be targeted by the opposition aerially.
Yeah, strange bearing that in mind that he has had a professional contract offered in the past?

Johnnythespider

Okay. Don't do Facebook, so that's why I wouldn't know anything about it.

Someone should have posted on here. I didn't applaud cos I had no idea what it was for.
I do FB and I didn't know either, about half my row stood up and half didn't. Apparently he died a couple of hours after the Yeovil game, imagine Yeovil being the last game you watched.

stevefloyd

Well his birth certificate indicates he is 88, but he is actually 90 cos they took 2 years to register him.
Yeah, strange bearing that in mind that he has had a professional contract offered in the past?
Last season he seemed a prospect because of the shite we had but this season he hasn't progressed, I don't think Devon is up to it either

hamil99

Facebook User
Really hoping for a win today, its my dads 70th and hes the one who got me following city, would be a perfect present to smash Stevenage :happy:
I predict a 3-1 win PUSB

Well, we didn't beat them 7-0 like would of been fitting for my dads birthday. Still the 3-1 I predicted came in.

steve82

Seen the Lincoln city brothers with there onterage in the lounges before the game. What a couple of posers mincing about in there skinny fit Lincoln city tracksuits. As somebody said near them it’s not as if they hadn’t had time after training to bloody change?! Bit of attention seeking going in by the pair. Embarrassing.

Perhaps shell suits are what they class as best clobber in Lincoln. Its really only a non-league team having a couple of flukey years.

Need to brush up on your knowledge fellas.

The Cowley Bro’s are highly rated young English managers who’ve worked hard to get into the pro management game chasing there 5th promotion of there 11 seasons in management.

What they done with there careers so far is phenomenal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shmmeee

The Cowley Bro’s are highly rated young English managers who’ve worked hard to get into the pro management game chasing there 5th promotion of there 11 seasons in management.

Thanks Mr Cowley.

skyblue025

Long ball merchants. They have done well but will find it much harder to win that way the higher up the pyramid they go be it with Lincoln or another club.

steve82

Couldn't give a shit what they have done, when we play them they are a pair of pricks. ;)

Come Tuesday naturally pair of tossers....

Long ball merchants. They have done well but will find it much harder to win that way the higher up the pyramid they go be it with Lincoln or another club.

Who says they cannot adapt and implement different playing styles if they have a different side of better quality of players on much better pitches?
Your basically saying it’s all they’ve done so it’s all they know theory.

There current style for most there careers will be long ball because that’s the style of football at the level they’ve had success at and current strengths as this Lincoln side.

Otis

Talk about a misreading of a situation.

Liam Kelly thinks we all enjoyed the last 10 mins of the game on Friday, all the just keeping possession and passing about.

No-one by me was enjoying it I can assure you.

Screenshot_2018-04-22-09-21-45.png

Irish Sky Blue

Maybe he thinks that because of the “Oles” that were being shouted after each pass? I agree with you though, frustrating when if we had played as we did in the first half we could have got another couple of, what might be, valuable goals. Robins said as much after the game.

Warwickhunt

Didnt see Robins shouting at the fuckers to push up the field in the second half so dont know how he could say that he was dissapointed

Ricketts

Interesting comments.

I was talking to the (ex) Crawley chairman at that match about Harry Kewell. He has done a lot, and got them training harder and more disciplined, However one of the reasons (he says) that they have struggled is that Harry played at a higher level and can see things and expects things or the players that the players aren't actualy capable of. Quite interesting and it makes you think. (He also said he fancies foing to another club, but it's not Charlton. Leeds.

It might be the same with Phil and Grant Mitchell. Gets the best out of players at a level.

Probably Coleman too, (not Chris)

skyblue025

Come Tuesday naturally pair of tossers....

Who says they cannot adapt and implement different playing styles if they have a different side of better quality of players on much better pitches?
Your basically saying it’s all they’ve done so it’s all they know theory.

There current style for most there careers will be long ball because that’s the style of football at the level they’ve had success at and current strengths as this Lincoln side.

Who to say they can adapt? So far it has has been hoof ball. Until they get a team playing football that's what they will be known as. Hey it's worked for them so far but will be interesting to see how they develop if and when they get higher up.

covcity4life

the oles were fun obviously. just the 40 misn before that we should have been attacking

nout wrong with retaining possesion though

Users who are viewing this thread