Coventry Evening Telegraph. (2 Viewers)

Ian1779

Proud of my principals never went to Sixfields never watched WASPS, if lauding WASPS for acknowlwdging that they seem to run a sucessful sports club and team, then guilty

Successful? How exactly is success measured now? In the boardroom or on the pitch?

letsallsingtogether

No one justified City moving - they just may have decided to support their club at another location.

It's only the Wasps apologists on here 'justifying' their franchise move because the poor loves had no choice.
Utter bollocks........
Oh and I wouldn't go to a wasps match but why shouldn't their fans come to the Ricoh as did some of ours go to Shitfields, maybe they also have children.

Ian1779

Utter bollocks........
Oh and I wouldn't go to a wasps match but why shouldn't their fans come to the Ricoh as did some of ours go to Shitfields, maybe they also have children.

Are you referring to their actual fans - you know the ones from London where they originated? I would assume that they would come yes. Pretty sure that the Northampton locals weren't pouring into Sixfields... and unlike Wasps we didn't go after them in some desperate attempt to curry favour as we were not staying forever.

torchomatic

Nobody justified City playing (they didn't move) in Northampton. However, those that did go at least were supporting the team they have followed for many years, in some cases decades. There are many like Italia who despite being apparently against that move quite happily support the new team who have moved here permanently.

Then there are others like yourself who despite apparently not being interested in Wasps seem to put in a hell of a lot of time and effort defending them.

And funny how the ones who justified City moving to Northampton are the ones who now knock The Wasps for moving.
Maybe their fans just want to take their kids to watch their team

letsallsingtogether

Successful? How exactly is success measured now? In the boardroom or on the pitch?
They seem to have found a ground for their team
We are still waiting after all we were told 6 weeks.
We keep on being told that you have to own your own ground need pie money advertising of the ground blah blah blah.
So they need to get their fingers out of their arses and get it sorted.

shy_tall_knight

Well in CCFC's case we fail in both. As a fan its only the pitch that should matter but as we know can't have long-term sucess without the correct finances. Their crowds are up and they seem to be doing ok on the pitch - ps that's not a WASPS apologist thats just an observation

Ian1779

Well in CCFC's case we fail in both. As a fan its only the pitch that should matter but as we know can't have long-term sucess without the correct finances. Their crowds are up and they seem to be doing ok on the pitch - ps that's not a WASPS apologist thats just an observation

Are our crowds not up? Are we not doing better on the pitch?

Or do we ignore that because SISU are around....

letsallsingtogether

Nobody justified City playing (they didn't move) in Northampton. However, those that did go at least were supporting the team they have followed for many years, in some cases decades. There are many like Italia who despite being apparently against that move quite happily support the new team who have moved here permanently.

Then there are others like yourself who despite apparently not being interested in Wasps seem to put in a hell of a lot of time and effort defending them.

Not defending them just pointing out what they have done right is nothing that the City can't do.
you however seem happy with everything sisu have done.

NorthernWisdom

And funny how the ones who justified City moving to Northampton are the ones who now knock The Wasps for moving.
Maybe their fans just want to take their kids to watch their team

tbh, I'm not going to have a go at those who go. It'd be hypocrticial of me to do so, after I complained about people having a go at those who went to Sixfields. At the end of the day, I'm not going to stop people by calling them a twat, am I?

I do find some of the justification (not of going, but of Wasps' arrival in Coventry) by a minority curious however... and I don't mean Italia, either!

Ian1779

They seem to have found a ground for their team
We are still waiting after all we were told 6 weeks.
We keep on being told that you have to own your own ground need pie money advertising of the ground blah blah blah.
So they need to get their fingers out of their arses and get it sorted.

Yes they did - all of 100 miles away.
If we'd known you weren't that fussy about where we buy a ground you should have let the club know - probably could have picked up one up north for a steal - you could lead the PR for the relocation.

Sick Boy

And what fantastic thoughts they are. Unbelievable you are obsessed with WASPS and need to look a bit closer at the clowns running CCFC, the fact this conspiracy nonsense posting has gone unchallenged by the pro SISU anti WaSPs anti Higgs anti CCC and now anti CET cronies on this site is no surprise.

Go on then, name one poster who is pro sisu.

Nick

Administrator
What a pathetic response, this now a site dominated by anti everybody except SISU, that when one of your allies post a conspiracy theory on here like Grendel's it gets passed as ok, have you ever challenged a Gredel posting.
How is it pathetic? You haven't challenged it or disproved it, so you must agree?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe their fans just want to take their kids to watch their team
Yep and I'd very near enough all of them wouldn't support ccfc if they moved 90 miles full time.

I know I wouldn't, which I have said from the very start.

shy_tall_knight

Are our crowds not up? Are we not doing better on the pitch?

Or do we ignore that because SISU are around....

Both our crowds and league position are down compared to when SISU took us over in 2007, they have taken us fairly low recently and although a better season than last season 7th in Division 3 is hardly on the field sucess

Ian1779

Both our crowds and league position are down compared to when SISU took us over in 2007, they have taken us fairly low recently and although a better season than last season 7th in Division 3 is hardly on the field sucess

In 2007 Wasps were Premiership champions.

So I guess they have suffered the same downturn in fortunes as us.... at least we managed to not take our football and bugger off somewhere else permanently.

Nick

Administrator
Thats a good idea to start Nick. Use the local media to cover it too newspapers, radio, tv etc.

Simple but if done properly effective and positive

wouldnt cost much
There's so many things like that, it's just implementing them!

Then again, even when the club do something good it gets ignored!

Moff

Well more anti everyone else than anti sisu.

Or perhaps we have done anti sisu so much we cant think of anything else to say and hate other things as well?

I can snarl, spit and froth all I want on here about SISU but it makes absoloutely no difference at all.

NorthernWisdom

Then again, even when the club do something good it gets ignored!

tbh there ain't much they do well, so it teds to get swallowed up.

And there's also a truth that if they do something well but don't get a lot of people to *see* they're doing something well then... something's not working.

They're not the best at *showing* what they do.

shy_tall_knight

In 2007 Wasps were Premiership champions.

So I guess they have suffered the same downturn in fortunes as us.... at least we managed to not take our football and bugger off somewhere else permanently.

Big difference is WASPS are third in the same league and still in the European Cup 16 months into their new structure, SISU are in their 9th yearof their ownership of Cov

skybluetony176

I missed the original OSB post so this is a reply to that also.

I think the main thing CCFC need to do is their PR and Marketing.

I've said for ages, what would it cost them to do an OAP day? Encourage everybody to take their Grandparents, send a coach around care homes in the city to pick up some old boys. Let them all into one of the lounges and have some ex players in there mingling with them.

If there is an old fella stuck in a care home all week, it would make his month to get out and watch the football if they don't usually get to. Maybe even tie it in with Legends day.

There is the JSB Scheme, why not something the same for old people? Instead of the birthday card the kids get, send them out a retro birthday card with some of the former players signatures.

Said old man's children / grandchildren see and hear about the gesture, they see how happy it makes him, they are happy. It is because of CCFC...

Loads of things that can be done to spread the word that doesn't cost much if anything.

Get Sky Blue Sam working 7 days a week too to earn his keep!

Like the old folks idea. Especially if there's some older players in the lounge from the JH hay days when they may have seen them play.

Ian1779

Big difference is WASPS are third in the same league and still in the European Cup 16 months into their new structure, SISU are in their 9th yearof their ownership of Cov

Last 8 and 3rd in the league - why didn't you say we'll just give them the trophies now. I bet all their 'local' rivals will be gutted.

The fact you are trying to champion their position shows you have yet again missed the point.

You are adapting the criteria to back up their position with no acknowledgement for CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
Like the old folks idea. Especially if there's some older players in the lounge from the JH hay days when they may have seen them play.
I think ccfc have a team of people with degrees, they should be reeling stuff like that off all day.

It costs nothing pretty much. Could fill a new thread with them.

shy_tall_knight

BTW I hate WASPs but it would wrong to try and say that they are currently not achieving more on the pitch than we are. Not sure I understand the point, you were talking about measurements of sucess and if you are trying to champion my club CCFC over WASPS currently then you are deluded.

Grendel

I thought you weren't interested in Rugby.

You seen fairly clued up. I don't is where in the league they are.

Nice to know you are interested enough to look.

J

Jack Griffin

Very true Tommy...lots of stories about us on the main page. The only thing I feel is morally wrong with the CT website that is WASPs have their own sub-section link on the menu. What a great pity Cov Rugby Club don't have that! Do the Bears have that when the cricket season comes along?

Not the only ones.
cobs10.png

skybluetony176

You were right Nick. The Observer are in on it up to their necks to . That certainly explains why they're also not asking the questions you want asking as well. I'm starting to buy into your conspiracy theories ;)

Users who are viewing this thread