Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

It sure was a rollercoaster, eh?
That Jersey pack was as abrasive and downright big as everyone says.
But our boys had the heart.
Sometimes you just need heart.

Norman Binns

What a game that was, a phenomenal team performance from Cov. They could so easily have crumbled after that early onslaught and I feared the worst after Jersey went 12-0 up bossing the scrums and mauls and looking invincible in the lineout.

Great credit must be given to Cov for the resilience shown just before and after half time when down to 13 men. For me that was the pivotal moment of the game. With the power that Jersey have, it must have been really deflating for them not to take advantage and increase their lead during that 10 minute period and must surely have given Cov the belief that they could go on and win the game. To put on 20 points on the board without reply (except for the last kick of the match) speaks volumes for this team. It’s a really tough league but I have every confidence that Cov will do ok this season.

The betting odds of 3 to 1 for a Cov win was too good to resist and I put a tenner on so the result is all the sweeter.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What a game that was, a phenomenal team performance from Cov. They could so easily have crumbled after that early onslaught and I feared the worst after Jersey went 12-0 up bossing the scrums and mauls and looking invincible in the lineout.

Great credit must be given to Cov for the resilience shown just before and after half time when down to 13 men. For me that was the pivotal moment of the game. With the power that Jersey have, it must have been really deflating for them not to take advantage and increase their lead during that 10 minute period and must surely have given Cov the belief that they could go on and win the game. To put on 20 points on the board without reply (except for the last kick of the match) speaks volumes for this team. It’s a really tough league but I have every confidence that Cov will do ok this season.

The betting odds of 3 to 1 for a Cov win was too good to resist and I put a tenner on so the result is all the sweeter.

Can’t put much more, like you at 12-0 I feared an absolute mauling, we few back into it and I was disappointed when we opted for 3 when we were all over them (the 2 disallowed tries, was it 2 forward passes in the build up for both or what I couldn’t see from the standing side?), we saw out the sin binnings so well!

When ahead we should have finished them off good and proper, our fitness shone through, my only concern was our gung-ho approach at 17-12 up they knocked on a couple of times in our half we played the advantage lost the ball and nearly left ourself open, it needed somebody to maybe just say no we’ll go through a couple of phases, make no ground, make the ref come back for the scrum and kill a minute or 2.

Anyway I feel like I’ve been in a battle, really proud of that performance and enjoyed it far more than any game over the last year or 2, proper quality and intensity!

Shame the crowd was only 2003 and a very decent Jersey following!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What do you think to Ealing and London Irish? Looking a lot stronger than us?

Not watching unfortunately. I think they’re expected to be in a league of their own so I’ll definitely try and catch the highlights.

Squad depth will play a massive part, the hits today were something else, the jump in quality and stature of the players was tenfold on what I expected to be honest!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

One thing I will say today is that I thought Cov were a lot more sloppy than Jersey, lineouts, stray passes and missed tackles so definitely nowhere near true perfect performance by Cov and I didn’t come away thinking that’s as good as we can give!

Norman Binns

One thing I will say today is that I thought Cov were a lot more sloppy than Jersey, lineouts, stray passes and missed tackles so definitely nowhere near true perfect performance by Cov and I didn’t come away thinking that’s as good as we can give!
I didn't think there were that many missed tackles and overall the defence was immense. There were some huge hits out there and I thought Sam and Heath were superb in the middle. I thought Knoxy might have done better on their opening try but I was on the same side of the pitch near the railway end and didn't have the best view.

We were the dominant team in the end and could and should have had more points. Disappointing crowd of just over 2k and those that didn't come missed a superb game of rugby. I reckon London Irish will be as dominant as Bristol were last season with Trailfinders comfortable runners-up again. I'd be delighted with a top half finish for Cov to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
Clearly something going on!

Poor fella, seems like he has been let down. Certainly looks to be in a bit of a pickle.

From reading it though, was he part time but wanted to go full time or something but couldn't? Just how it reads.

Covstu

Poor fella, seems like he has been let down. Certainly looks to be in a bit of a pickle.

From reading it though, was he part time but wanted to go full time or something but couldn't? Just how it reads.
Seems more of a professional clash on that tweet?

Nick

Administrator
Ah I was just going off this

he might just be saying he now needs full time work as he has left cov.

Somebody PM Jon Sharpe to ask him!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think he was FT (or maybe he wanted FT) I remember the advert going up last year and thinking if that was my field it’d be a cracking job as the content was non exsistent before!

He was doing good stuff, clips of training, player and coach interviews, player head to head quiz comp.
Regular updates on loads of stuff club related.
Graphics for team line up.
Extended highlights.

Be interesting to see if anyone takes the role on, as a supporter and looking out in its a big loss to the club!

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I think he was FT (or maybe he wanted FT) I remember the advert going up last year and thinking if that was my field it’d be a cracking job as the content was non exsistent before!

He was doing good stuff, clips of training, player and coach interviews, player head to head quiz comp.
Regular updates on loads of stuff club related.
Graphics for team line up.
Extended highlights.

Be interesting to see if anyone takes the role on, as a supporter and looking out in its a big loss to the club!
CCFC and CRFC should look at co funding the role

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

20-3 down at HT

Tough place to play and not helped losing Stokes and Halaifonua in the first half!

Hopefully can turn around and even grab a losing BP

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Reality of the Championship, Cov didn’t seem to take advantage of their visits to the oppositions 22.
Hopefully the injuries aren’t too bad and they can get back to winning ways v Bedford at the BPA next Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread