Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good stuff. Shameful defence though...

I’m sure you don’t know yet, but any news On Halaifonua!? I will be gutted if he’s out for any period of time, genuinely box office! Fear it’s not another ACL or season ending injury too many for both CCFC and CRFC in the past 12 months!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Bedford line up, led by former England scrum half up to only a couple of years ago Lee Dickson, rumours that Ben Foden was going to make his debut for Bedford but isn’t in the squad.....I guess you could say he doesn’t do Saturdays anymore......

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

4 breakaway tries in the first half, ref in their captain/scrum half’s pocket 2nd, 14 men and hanging on again!
Fantastic game!
Jack Ram is unbelievable!

Rather Maisey over Sharp at fly half at the minute.

But again last seasons 3rd place side defeated! 9 points from first 3 I had hoped for 4! Need 4/5 points next week at Hartpury!

wingy

4 breakaway tries in the first half, ref in their captain/scrum half’s pocket 2nd, 14 men and hanging on again!
Fantastic game!
Jack Ram is unbelievable!

Rather Maisey over Sharp at fly half at the minute.

But again last seasons 3rd place side defeated! 9 points from first 3 I had hoped for 4! Need 4/5 points next week at Hartpury!
Glad you saw it the same as me
Strange volte face from the ref second half
Possibly denied a further theee scores and that in at the side was a monstrous injustice
Only criticism would be wayward kicking first half
Great afternoon yet again
Bring back the purity gold !!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Glad you saw it the same as me
Strange volte face from the ref second half
Possibly denied a further theee scores and that in at the side was a monstrous injustice
Only criticism would be wayward kicking first half
Great afternoon yet again
Bring back the purity gold !!!

On the flip side IF the ref was right awarding pens to them (always hard to tell in rucks etc) we need to cut it out ASAP as our pen count must have been around 20 Mark!

Couple of really poor kicks coupled by some sensational kicking, the kick first half to the corner by the car park, I was right in front of it and spiralled to perfection!

Thought both Bulumakau brothers had great games.

Jack Ram is arguably pound for pound the best player I’ve seen play for Cov in the last decade, he’s like a magician in the ruck just pulls the ball from nowhere!

It seems we won’t have the physicality up front but we’ll have all the tricks and breaks in the backs!

Great result Saturday, annoyed to have missed the football but then happy to have celebrated two wins Saturday night.

I was a bit nervous towards the end of the game but thought we played well. If we can keep getting the wins at home it should see us do ok this year. My only slight concern is over squad depth but then this weekend lessened that with having a few key players out.

Agree with ISSS, Ram looks very impressive. Some good games coming up over the next couple of weeks with London Irish playing on the 29th. I'm trying to decide whether I can make it back from the Ricoh in time...

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Great result Saturday, annoyed to have missed the football but then happy to have celebrated two wins Saturday night.

I was a bit nervous towards the end of the game but thought we played well. If we can keep getting the wins at home it should see us do ok this year. My only slight concern is over squad depth but then this weekend lessened that with having a few key players out.

Agree with ISSS, Ram looks very impressive. Some good games coming up over the next couple of weeks with London Irish playing on the 29th. I'm trying to decide whether I can make it back from the Ricoh in time...

Yep agree great result and the biggest ‘bonus’ was all those that stepped in didn’t disappoint!

I know a couple going Ricoh then BPA.

Irish game will be a big crowd and I expect them to beat us ‘comfortably’ but hopefully it won’t put others off returning.
The 2 away games sandwiching LI Hartpury this Saturday and Richmond week after LI are both more than winnable so I wouldn’t be half surprised if the LI game Cov have a much changed side out, we’ve definitely got to pick out battles and with the size of the oppo and the hits etc injuries will be picked up this season.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

how are cov doing in this new league?

Won 2 Lost 1
Compared to the 3 sides they’ve played Cov are considerably smaller and this league is ridiculously physical as expected, but Cov have put themselves on the line and been superb on the break and in open play looked better than the opposition in the 2 Home games when the games opened up.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Won 2 Lost 1
Compared to the 3 sides they’ve played Cov are considerably smaller and this league is ridiculously physical as expected, but Cov have put themselves on the line and been superb on the break and in open play looked better than the opposition in the 2 Home games when the games opened up.
how many get promoted from championship?

why did they play wasps? a friendly? what was score

do cov have money to put a team together that can go far?

lifeskyblue

Missed the Wasps game but I heard a lot was ‘good natured’ but may have been bits that went too far.

The Ref stuff from Saturday is more of a concern imo.

Let’s hope they can get the couple of people concerned and address the issue. I like the idea of the club putting on ref courses for fans; a complicated set of rules and so difficult for fans to see/understand what is happening in scrums and rucks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

how many get promoted from championship?

why did they play wasps? a friendly? what was score

do cov have money to put a team together that can go far?

Just 1 it’ll be London Irish with Ealing in 2nd.
Cov I expect 6th-9th I think anyway.

Yeah friendly a month ago it was wasps 2nd team Cov won 55-14

Think the plan is a few years yet the BPA will need to be expanded,there is plans, Kneeza explains a bit a few pages back. They certainly appear to be wanting to kick on over the next few years.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Let’s hope they can get the couple of people concerned and address the issue. I like the idea of the club putting on ref courses for fans; a complicated set of rules and so difficult for fans to see/understand what is happening in scrums and rucks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ve done it for the last few Thursdays different pro refs, Cov players and coaches shame it’s not recorded for those like myself that can’t attend plus those like myself that’d like to know more, it’s a hard game to ref for sure but it’s harder to watch live and work out what’s gone on in rucks etc!

But the guy Saturday appeared to be easily influenced by Dickson at scrum half for them. He may have been spot on in all 22 pens he awarded v Cov but the players reactions and coaching staff in the stand they felt hard done by.
But we do need to keep our pen count down as penalties and yellows will cost us!

Ashdown

Missed the Wasps game but I heard a lot was ‘good natured’ but may have been bits that went too far.

The Ref stuff from Saturday is more of a concern imo.
I'm sure it wasn't much more than strong banter with the Pests fans. I doubt any other club's fans would have any comments aimed at them anyway, only them, I wonder why ? Even old Billy said in his pre match intro on the Mike, Thanks to all the Wasps fans for making such a long journey........from Bedworth, Nuneaton, Rugby. Most of it was tongue in cheek and good natured.

As for abuse of match officials................stupid, can't happen !

I think Sharpe is right, it is a club for the community and has a family atmosphere which is a large part of the attraction and club values. Lose that and the club values are diminished somewhat, and to be honest anyone who pays their entrance fee to CRFC is financially supporting the club so I don't care if they're CRFC fans or even rugby fans, as long as they have fun and behave.

I think I may have sorted out logistics for The LI game, I may need to leave the Sunderland game early though. So enjoy your last 5 min fightback from 2-0 down to win 3-2!!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I wonder if Leicester will recall James Voss from his loan after Will Spencer’s ban, Voss has been outstanding this season alongside Jubb and it’ll mean Cov being even shorter in a position they are desperately short in!

Users who are viewing this thread