Match Thread Coventry v Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Aug (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
"The Round Two draw of this season’s EFL Cup will take place on Wednesday 10th August 2016 on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports News HQ.

Teams will learn the identity of their opponents immediately after the conclusion of the match between League Two Luton Town and Championship side Aston Villa at approximately 10.00pm.

EFL teams that progress from Round One will be joined by Premier League sides not competing in Europe this season.

The 13 top flight teams – including Liverpool, Chelsea and Everton – will be seeded, along with the Championship’s Newcastle United and Norwich City plus 10 winners from the opening round of fixtures.

In the event that Liverpool are drawn at home in Round Two then they will be given special dispensation by the EFL Board to play the fixture at the opposing club due to the ongoing redevelopment work at Anfield."

Anyone know what being seeded actually means?

Skyblueweeman

That is why i am saying he is an improvement from Fleck. 3 in 3 at home and also sets up goals. Seems to have a good engine too so maybe an improvement over Fleck.

Yeah, sorry...that's what I was kind of intimating at as well. Early doors but already looking more prolific than Fleck.

Grendel

Worried about Grendell as he hasn't posted since Haynes scored. G''s reputation in tatters lol

Indeed. Portsmouth reserves and all is well. He won't be playing Saturday.

covcity4life

First half we were a bit flat, second half we were awesome, Jody looked the biz and Haynes looked like he took a big step in the right direction. Couldn't stay for extra time as I had my seven year old with me and we have an early start in the morning but it sounded good on the radio driving home.

It's holidays. Stop waking kids up early!

pipkin73

Yeah, sorry...that's what I was kind of intimating at as well. Early doors but already looking more prolific than Fleck.

Yeah, SBWM i was agreeing with you. It's just that others have been slagging him off after the first game of the season for not wining the game single handed like "Fleck used too". I think Rose will grow into a top player for us and be the next big transfer away. He seems better than most alreay and only just settling in.

pipkin73

No official attendance given tonight apparently?
Like i said earlier, as we have allowed PATG you won't get atendance straight away.
I keep an eye on this via the BBC (normally on the team tab). We are one of the few teams who give a gate 10 mins into the second half. Most teams attendance stays blank till min 5 p.m. and quite often never gets stated.

ccfc92

Like i said earlier, as we have allowed PATG you won't get atendance straight away.
I keep an eye on this via the BBC (normally on the team tab). We are one of the few teams who give a gate 10 mins into the second half. Most teams attendance stays blank till min 5 p.m. and quite often never gets stated.

Tax evasion :jimlad:

pipkin73

Tax evasion :jimlad:
I could never state on this as i never get to go to games anymore, but we are one of the few teams that give an atendance figure by 4:12 on a Saturday. Take a look for yourself if you don't beleive me. Normally on the team tab not match tab with BBC Sport.

pipkin73

Plus i have familly working at the club and when i speak to them they say the same (roughly xamount at game and BBC seems to normally be not far off). So at a guess i would say no tax evasion an attendances (or very little). More like we just aint going to games like we used to. I love CCFC and living out here in GC i am often tempted to come back for the odd game. I don't, as to do so would cost me a minimum of 400€ and i can't afford to loose the money anymore.

pipkin73

I could never state on this as i never get to go to games anymore, but we are one of the few teams that give an atendance figure by 4:12 on a Saturday. Take a look for yourself if you don't beleive me. Normally on the team tab not match tab with BBC Sport.

Something i find interseting, spanish teams NEVER seem to give an official attendance. Sure they must do on accounts but on match day and even after i don't find official figures. My local team is Las Palmas and i have yet to find an offical figure within 2 days of the game. (plus most who have been there say bull shit, maybe the advanced ticket sales as more were there).

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Noticed after the game Pompey fans were waiting for a train.

Hope they aren't too disappointed!

Even if they get back to the city centre, there's no way in hell they're getting anywhere near Portsmouth before the trains shut down for the night!

chiefdave

Jones coming on at half time completely changed the game for us. Reid looks like he'll be a good signing as well.

Hard to make a judgement against a Pompey side with so many changes but the second half and extra time was a decent performance. If the remaining players TM is looking to sign are first choice players (so better than those playing tonight) and we don't get too many injuries and suspensions I think we are capable of being in the mix.

SkyblueBazza

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny
I cannot believe the arrogance of these people. Ticketmaster or no Ticketmaster, if a fan turns up at 7.30pm with £20 in his pocket have a system in place to take his/her money and enable them to get to see the ko
When I was a kid going to Highfield Rd in the 70s thousands turned up at 2.40, and we all got into the West End.
Yes I remember it myself. The current vogue is that there is not really any such thing as a fan...just a piece of shit that is apparently stupid enough to believe they are 'amazing' & an 'important part of the squad' (only because they provide income in reality)

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread