Match Thread Coventry v Portsmouth Match Thread - Tuesday 9th Aug (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

Great result and listened on cwr with it being as bad as ever. Wrong names is a given on that show.

Want a big name at home would be great and selling out giving mogga lots of money for the budget.

Liverpool at home at £20 a pop say that's around 500k of ticket sales. Be great for the club and a boost with the transfer window ending.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Liverpool will play away 2nd round no matter how they're drawn out as they've been given special dispensation due to building work at anfield.

covcity4life

chelsea or liverpool at home be nice

if not home tie vs minnows, increase our chances of winning cup and going into europa and getting chinese owners.

BELIEVE

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
I am sure we had close to last night against Burton I think it was in the JPT when it went to Pens. Was def less than Scunthorpe.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/coventry-city-transfer-news-live-11728220
Lowest ever Ricoh Arena attendance confirmed
It has been confirmed as 4976 (722 away).
The previous lowest attendance was for the visit of Scunthorpe United (excluding Sixfields).
Only 6,885 fans turned out to watch the uninspiring 1-1 draw in February 2015.

That's because:

-The ticket price for a fixture against a League 2 reserve team was too much.
-The transfer activity has not been good enough so far.
-The car parking has gone up.
-There was no pay on the gate.

People dick around and say we're moaning for nothing, but the facts speak for themselves in the attendance figure there.

If they get the team up to shape and address some of the match day costs, including extending season ticket deadlines and match packages, then our usual match day attendances will be alright. If they fail too, I can see really low crowds. After last years 'twenty's plenty' I can't see many fans being so keen to walk up on the day and pay £25 either.

Joy Division

It's not simple actually - the club were berated for not using ticket master and now they have. If you have a concert which hasn't sold out you can't pay on the gate. Go to a theatre - can't come in a minute to go and expect to get in. Your comparison is shite really.

No they weren't

and yes you can buy tickets on the gate for concerts that aren't sold out.

Joy Division

You can buy tickets on the day but you buy them at the ticket office, you can't stroll up to the gate and hand over cash unless its a pub sized venue.

Many concert box offices are by the entrance to the venue, so essentially you are walking up to the entrance, handing over cash and they give you a bit of paper and you're in. The only drawback is that it might cost you a bit more than if you booked in advance.

chiefdave

Many concert box offices are by the entrance to the venue, so essentially you are walking up to the entrance, handing over cash and they give you a bit of paper and you're in. The only drawback is that it might cost you a bit more than if you booked in advance.
That's what we've got! The matchday ticket office is at the ground.

robbiekeane

hows that different to this situation then

wingy

hows that different to this situation then
The percentage involved I'd guess.
It's been a custom for a fair few for eons
hard to get people to change what's been habit for ages.
As Nick has said and I concur, commercially the agreement allows for TM to charge the fee to cover costs /make profit, yet that must include e ticketing which was unavailable so they should'nt have been taking the fee without that option in place.
I smell a court case.

Nick

Administrator
The percentage involved I'd guess.
It's been a custom for a fair few for eons
hard to get people to change what's been habit for ages.
As Nick has said and I concur, commercially the agreement allows for TM to charge the fee to cover costs /make profit, yet that must include e ticketing which was unavailable so they should'nt have been taking the fee without that option in place.
I smell a court case.

Another thing is awareness. Some people seemed to not know we had even moved to Ticketmaster?

Greenskyblue

If the tickets were cheaper then I would have come last night. However it's a 70 mile round trip for myself so therefore I would have had to pay £10 parking aswell. £10 for ticket £5 parking would have been acceptable for a efl cup first round tie

Nick

Administrator
If the tickets were cheaper then I would have come last night. However it's a 70 mile round trip for myself so therefore I would have had to pay £10 parking aswell. £10 for ticket £5 parking would have been acceptable for a efl cup first round tie

The club can't set the pricing for the parking...

Park in Cov Welsh and it is only a fiver.

FRY-CCFC

There's a £5 car park like a 5 minute walk away from the ground

Grendel

in response to poster saying you can't go to a concert that's not sold out then hand over cash to get in

I was referring to concerts under Ticketmaster control.

Joy Division

I was referring to concerts under Ticketmaster control.

Even concerts under ticketmaster control you can so long as its not sold out, it's down to the promoter and venue. Not that any of this matters though.

ccfcway

That's because:

-The ticket price for a fixture against a League 2 reserve team was too much.
-The transfer activity has not been good enough so far.
-The car parking has gone up.
-There was no pay on the gate.

1. Not our fault he had their reserves out, we had almost our strongest team playing
2. Its not the end of Aug yet, we will be on fire in Sep
3. There are cheaper places a mear walk away
4. Then get there earlier or buy before hand

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

1. Not our fault he had their reserves out, we had almost our strongest team playing

- Doesn't matter, it's a League 2 team in an early round cup game.

2. Its not the end of Aug yet, we will be on fire in Sep

- Doesn't matter, many fans haven't seen enough yet to warrant commiting (it's certainly delayed, and may therefore result in me not getting a season ticket)

3. There are cheaper places a mear walk away

- What if you can't get there in time and have to park close?

4. Then get there earlier or buy before hand

- What if you can't get there in time and only made a last ditch decision to go?

Sorry, I like your positive outlook, but those reasons accumulate.

chiefdave

Even concerts under ticketmaster control you can so long as its not sold out, it's down to the promoter and venue. Not that any of this matters though.
So you're saying if you turn up at, for example, the Barclaycard Arena for a non sold out show you can hand £50 cash to the steward checking tickets and that you don't have to go to the box office and buy a ticket?

Joy Division

So you're saying if you turn up at, for example, the Barclaycard Arena for a non sold out show you can hand £50 cash to the steward checking tickets and that you don't have to go to the box office and buy a ticket?

No, I'm saying if there is an event on and you decide to go at the last minute then you can.

Joy Division

That you can buy tickets for a ticketmaster event on the gate of a show

Users who are viewing this thread