Match Thread Coventry v Watford (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yeah because that's the definition you were using it in. Good grief.

Yes it was.

I said it was slightly distasteful to the witch hunt, but it was in reference to his use of substitutions.

Again, you know it, you just don't like the fact that the manager was rightly criticised for something.

procdoc

Wrong.

Moron was originally used by psychologists to classify someone as having mild intellectual disabilities.
Definition of moron
1 : a foolish or stupid person. That’s what context I meant it in. I didn’t even know the other definition. However when you used the word retard we all know exactly what you meant

Macca

Yeah because that's the definition you were using it in. Good grief.

If this was one of your hero’s on the pitch using a potentially offensive word you’d be giving it the “heat of the moment” excuse like everyone else. It’s because you don’t like him really. This is the Watford match thread

Warwickhunt

Gyo looked like player who got up in the morning who’s body and legs are aching from the training or playing! He couldn’t even sprint

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Except I haven't. The way you used it was wholly incorrect & now your fast trying to backpedal.

Why not just admit it was a stupid thing to say in the heat of the moment?

Backpedalling? You are throwing stones from a glass house.

I did say it was in the heat of the moment, and I have said several times it was in relation to his substitutions.

Grown men being so offended about a word they don't even understand the meaning of is quite odd.

You always jump on anyone that has anything to say about the manager or team that isn't 100% positive, yet rarely add any insight yourself. It is weird. Most people have said we have played really well, myself included. There are questions about the chances we missed and the changes that were made. That's literally it.

hamil99

Facebook User
We played so well, but seem toothless at the same time. Godden, I think, is out for the season, so when Walker gets fit we need him to hit the ground running. WE NEED A FINISHER! We create sooo many chances...

Also, bloody hell Hyam how did you miss that!!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Definition of moron
1 : a foolish or stupid person. That’s what context I meant it in. I didn’t even know the other definition. However when you used the word retard we all know exactly what you meant

Right, so you are happy to judge other peoples comments, but they are not allowed to interpret yours?

Fucking hell.

usskyblue

Wrong.

Moron was originally used by psychologists to classify someone as having mild intellectual disabilities.

You're not new at this, yet you tie yourself in a fucking knot every week. Know when to back off, unless of course, you’re bored and want to spend hours recreating a child’s version of Monty Python’s Argument sketch.

Frostie

Backpedalling? You are throwing stones from a glass house.

I did say it was in the heat of the moment, and I have said several times it was in relation to his substitutions.

Grown men being so offended about a word they don't even understand the meaning of is quite odd.

You always jump on anyone that has anything to say about the manager or team that isn't 100% positive, yet rarely add any insight yourself. It is weird. Most people have said we have played really well, myself included. There are questions about the chances we missed and the changes that were made. That's literally it.

Yes, you used the word in one sense & then backpedaled to try & claim it wasn't meant in that way. If you genuinely don't understand that I suggest you refrain from using it until you do.

I have given my opinions, I had criticisms too & commented on others criticisms & called them fair. I'm not about to apologise for not being as shamefully reactive as you.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You're not new at this, yet you tie yourself in a fucking knot every week. Know when to back off, unless of course, you’re bored and want to spend hours recreating a child’s version of Monty Python’s Argument sketch.

I tie myself in a knot every week, why? I have not been arguing with you, so I am not sure why you are bothering to get involved. It seems to me that you have a habit of saying very little about the game, yet like to join in a witch hunt when one is available to make a quick virtue signal.

I've made a point which I am defending regarding substitutions, that is literally it.

PVA

Yes it was.

I said it was slightly distasteful to the witch hunt, but it was in reference to his use of substitutions.

Again, you know it, you just don't like the fact that the manager was rightly criticised for something.

No it wasn't ffs.

One is a verb one is a noun.

You said 'Robins is a fucking retard'

That's a noun.

Just admit it and apologise, and we can all forget about it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, you used the word in one sense & then backpedaled to try & claim it wasn't meant in that way. If you genuinely don't understand that I suggest you refrain from using it until you do.

I have given my opinions, I had criticisms too & commented on others criticisms & called them fair. I'm not about to apologise for not being as shamefully reactive as you.

You don't need to be, and neither do I for being more reactive.

I have acknowledged the word I used was a bit distasteful, but I have explained the context of it and tried to make people understand. People are using it as an excuse to argue because they don't like the manager being criticised.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No it wasn't ffs.

One is a verb one is a noun.

You said 'Robins is a fucking retard'

That's a noun.

Just admit it and apologise, and we can all forget about it.

Apologise? Get off your fucking high horse.

I have said it was heat of the moment, it should have probably read: Robins is a fucking retard when it comes to substitutions.

You knew what it meant, you didn't like the manager being criticised, now you are playing the crying baby.

PVA

Apologise? Get off your fucking high horse.

I have said it was heat of the moment, it should have probably read: Robins is a fucking retard when it comes to substitutions.

You knew what it meant, you didn't like the manager being criticised, now you are playing the crying baby.

Yes I know exactly what it meant, we all do, you just won't admit it.

Frostie

You don't need to be, and neither do I for being more reactive.

I have acknowledged the word I used was a bit distasteful, but I have explained the context of it and tried to make people understand. People are using it as an excuse to argue because they don't like the manager being criticised.

Not at all, I made criticisms as well, I'd have had Gyökeres on much earlier for one.

If you genuinely didn't mean it in the way you expressed then you shouldn't be using it.

EDIT* I've just seen you've done it again 🤦🏼‍♂️

To retard something & for someone to be a retard are very, very different - suggest you look it up.

bawtryneal

Watford squad cost approximately 60 x's ours to assemble
They have one player that cost £40million
There wage bill is 25x's ours
They get millions this season in parachute payments

We got a well deserved point and could/should have been three points.

Robins ,Vivash and the squad deserve a massive pat on the back

Anybody who thinks different is clueless.

usskyblue

I tie myself in a knot every week, why? I have not been arguing with you, so I am not sure why you are bothering to get involved. It seems to me that you have a habit of saying very little about the game, yet like to join in a witch hunt when one is available to make a quick virtue signal.

I've made a point which I am defending regarding substitutions, that is literally it.

Every time I come on here you’re thong’s in a twist. I watch the game and comment at half time or afterwards. Why is that so mystifying?

Ahh... ‘Virtue signal’... your go-to. I don’t care so much that it’s inaccurate, it’s getting fucking boring. Try something different, like ‘Moral Grandstanding’ or something yeah?

CCFCSteve

Probably would’ve taken a point before the game (definitely would’ve pre Forest) but feels like two points lost. As has been said numerous times, not having Walker or Godden for so long is killing us

James/Hamer/Ohare look a quality combination so I think there’s goals in us....desperately need a finisher though....and just a bit of luck wouldn’t go a miss (some pens, sending offs, OGs going our way rather than against us would be nice !!!)

Keep the faith

ps just seen another shambolic goal scored against Bournemouth by relegation rival FFS !!!

Last edited:

procdoc

Watford squad cost approximately 60 x's ours to assemble
They have one player that cost £40million
There wage bill is 25x's ours
They get millions this season in parachute payments

We got a well deserved point and could/should have been three points.

Robins ,Vivash and the squad deserve a massive pat on the back

Anybody who thinks different is clueless.
People calling for a change of manager never advise on who would be a better replacement. Strange that

Users who are viewing this thread