Match Thread Coventry v Watford (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Watford squad cost approximately 60 x's ours to assemble
They have one player that cost £40million
There wage bill is 25x's ours
They get millions this season in parachute payments

We got a well deserved point and could/should have been three points.

Robins ,Vivash and the squad deserve a massive pat on the back

Anybody who thinks different is clueless.

It makes it so frustrating that it feels like 2 points dropped.

Before the game I would have bit your hand off for a point.

My Arsenal supporting mate said 0-3 Watford.... That was a highlight today :ROFLMAO:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not at all, I made criticisms as well, I'd have had Gyökeres on much earlier for one.

If you genuinely didn't mean it in the way you expressed then you shouldn't be using it.

EDIT* I've just seen you've done it again 🤦🏼‍♂️

To retard something & for someone to be a retard are very, very different - suggest you look it up.

I grew up in a family with two severely disabled siblings, I know exactly which way it can be used, which is again why I find it bizarre people are trying to lecture me on it.

I have given a lot of credit to Robins in the past. He has done a remarkable job. That doesn't mean he is exempt from criticism. His use of substitutions is quote: 'retarded'.

bawtryneal

People calling for a change of manager never advise on who would be a better replacement. Strange that

I expect Watford would like MR and AV as there management team
They are both highly regarded and we need to keep progressing and investing or they will be off.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Every time I come on here you’re thong’s in a twist. I watch the game and comment at half time or afterwards. Why is that so mystifying?

Ahh... ‘Virtue signal’... your go-to. I don’t care so much that it’s inaccurate, it’s getting fucking boring. Try something different, like ‘Moral Grandstanding’ or something yeah?

It isn't mystifying, it is clear as day what you do.

Equally, what you are saying is nonsense. I'm really not sure why you bothered getting involved.

HuckerbysQuiff

Having lions share of possession, playing the better football & having created more chances we should all feel slightly disappointed not to have won that game.
The difference in winning & drawing today was simple for all to see, we’ve not got a recognised striker who can hit the back of the net. As others have said Godden or Walker would probably have made the difference not just on this game but that against Forest too. What I will take from it is a clean sheet & not looking as shaky at the back.

usskyblue

It isn't mystifying, it is clear as day what you do.

Equally, what you are saying is nonsense. I'm really not sure why you bothered getting involved.

For the fist time in a while, you’re right. I admit it was piss poor attempt to stop you making yourself looking like a twat.

Grendel

I expect Watford would like MR and AV as there management team
They are both highly regarded and we need to keep progressing and investing or they will be off.

lol no chance

RegTheDonk

Would have been pleased with a 0-0 looking at current form and positions, but really disappointed we created chances but didn't put them away. Opportunity missed.

Teams around us picking up points, now only 3 above the drop. But have to take some heart - they're taking them off the "better" teams so it's not impossible. A clean sheet and if we play like that and have Walker and Vic fit, I'm sure we can scrape some wins.

ccfc92

So, if MR and AV are no longer our management team who would you "realistically" have in their place and why do you think they would do a better job with the resources available?

giphy.gif

Grendel

Realistically what striker within our budget was available who’s championship quality?

Ww don’t have any player with championship quality but when you’ve got a number 9 whose not even proven in league 2 and the others are injured you might try something?

procdoc

Ww don’t have any player with championship quality but when you’ve got a number 9 whose not even proven in league 2 and the others are injured you might try something?
We did bring in a striker on loan, and he should start ahead of Max

cc84cov

And that number 9 is injured and keeping out a recently signed Swedish international 😁

Grendel

We did bring in a striker on loan, and he should start ahead of Max

but he’s not found enough it seems to even be ahead of biamou

procdoc

Just goes to prove that Biamou is not as bad as Grendel thinks.
But, of course, Grendel knows more about football management than MR and AV
To be honest I don’t disagree with Grendels opinions on Max. Unfortunately he’s not up to the level. Can’t knock his effort but ultimately when you miss sitters regularly we need better to survive

bawtryneal

To be honest I don’t disagree with Grendels opinions on Max. Unfortunately he’s not up to the level. Can’t knock his effort but ultimately when you miss sitters regularly we need better to survive

I agree that Biamou is not a championship player and neither is Gyokores.
Biamou is our number 3 striker to come on at 80 minutes
He gets paid accordingly,so why knock him
If Godden and Walker are fit he barely makes the bench but no need to keep slagging him off as he has "his place" in the squad.

Grendel

I agree that Biamou is not a championship player and neither is Gyokores.
Biamou is our number 3 striker to come on at 80 minutes
He gets paid accordingly,so why knock him
If Godden and Walker are fit he barely makes the bench but no need to keep slagging him off as he has "his place" in the squad.

He was number 4 as Bakayoko started ahead of him - think robins got that right?

Grendel

You’ve now openly said you want him sacked so drop the posturing about recruitment made in a heavily depleted squad.

no I’m not there is zero point - we survive he stays - we go down he goes - it’s a binary choice now

Greggs

You're not new at this, yet you tie yourself in a fucking knot every week. Know when to back off, unless of course, you’re bored and want to spend hours recreating a child’s version of Monty Python’s Argument sketch.
Not like you to be joining in.........smh

Users who are viewing this thread