Match Thread Coventry vs Lincoln Match Thread - 24th April (3 Viewers)

jordan210

Question about tickets.

Im sure earlier on in the season if you purchased a ticket on match day before a certain time it dint have the increase. Or have I made that up.

Its a shame on such an important game they have put the match day prices on.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's no different to the Willis / ROD sendings off this season is it with it being the last man?

Rose didn't have control of the ball when Willis was sent off.

Agree - their full back wouldn't have got across to cut him off, so I don't buy that argument either. As I've said elsewhere, I'm not overly fussed whether he plays or not - I think the replacement, Waterfall, is a potentially more dangerous player (especially at set pieces)

skybluesam66

It's £30 for the last two games, so may as well buy those for £60 and try to sell the ones you don't need, if plans change it's cost you £10 for two tickets worst case.
This was available but seems not to be any more - not sure why it is pulled

skybluesam66

Question about tickets.

Im sure earlier on in the season if you purchased a ticket on match day before a certain time it dint have the increase. Or have I made that up.

Its a shame on such an important game they have put the match day prices on.
and I guess a lot of the fringe supporters will stay in and watch the liverpool game

steve82

we are a league 2 outfit, pace is a big plus to have dont take willis for granted is all i will say

its great we have 4 competent centrebacks

i am not sure if davies will play tonight but i am sure he will be ready if called upon

Gave you a like for a well reasoned post.

That’s my point about Willis, his pace is a real asset to have and use if we or he gets caught out. As you point out tho it’s L2, it’s not glamorous for large points of the season more direct and in the air which isn’t his A game, L1 is where he can better demonstrate his ability should he keep his consistency he’s found the last 5 months.

I’m not entirely convinced he will drop Rod Mcdonald for Tom Davies, I like consistency it builds good understandings but like a few others I cannot help think Tom Davies will do a job on Matt Rhead, but then Rod Mcdonald has stood the test against a few target men this season and has that strength and positioning required so he make stick and not twist.

Davies we can guarantee will clear everything in the air. It’s a real tough call to make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greggs

We've won our last 2, so will the inevitable happen tonight?

steve82

Anybody else a bit scared / nervous about the game tonight? :(

Yes, no and don’t know.

It’s a big game, win we’re so close to a guaranteed spot. Lose and it’s not over by a long shot but we know ccfc and how we like to make a challenge out of anything.

Knowing us we will win tonight and be beaten at Cheltenham needing to do it all and need results to fall against Morecambe.

It’s never dull being a city fan.

Otis

Gave you a like for a well reasoned post.

That’s my point about Willis, his pace is a real asset to have and use if we or he gets caught out. As you point out tho it’s L2, it’s not glamorous for large points of the season more direct and in the air which isn’t his A game, L1 is where he can better demonstrate his ability should he keep his consistency he’s found the last 5 months.

I’m not entirely convinced he will drop Rod Mcdonald for Tom Davies, I like consistency it builds good understandings but like a few others I cannot help think Tom Davies will do a job on Matt Rhead, but then Rod Mcdonald has stood the test against a few target men this season and has that strength and positioning required so he make stick and not twist.

Davies we can guarantee will clear everything in the air. It’s a real tough call to make.

We can't have CC4L making well reasoned posts. Whatever next, world peace?

Covstu

Anybody else a bit scared / nervous about the game tonight? :(
A little nervous as there is a lot hanging on this game. These are the games we need to be turning up for as a team and the fanbase. if we could replicate Friday's atmosphere then I would be more confident however I think it will be a nervous crowd tonight and we certainly wont be gifted goals like we were at Stevenage to settle us down.
I think it will be a draw, probably 1-1 which wouldn't be terrible but 3 points tonight would be amazing

skybluesam66

I think tonight is important as a win, and could pave the way for not having to go to Exeter in the pla
oh really? i thought it would be less than friday

ive got my ticket. hope dont miss a classic at anfield though lol
wont be less than Friday as Lincoln are bringing 3000+
that means 6000 ccfc fans to beat friday

a similar number of cov fans would push the crowd to between 11 and 12 000

coop

If you use one of them JSB vouchers for 2 adults and two children does the season ticket holder have to be with you to buy them?

Nick

Administrator
If you use one of them JSB vouchers for 2 adults and two children does the season ticket holder have to be with you to buy them?

I think they usually say they do, but when I have used one before they haven't asked me for ID.

Sky Blue Harry H

That's the worrying bit...

That shouldn't be a worrying thing Nick, it should be a comfort blanket or a safety net. If we didn't win and it were then out of our hands I would be far more concerned (won't stop me being anxious about tonight, though !)

shmmeee

Good behaviour should be acknowledged....

For you CC4L:

1_1385408473402.jpg

ccfchoi87

I think I'm in the minority who don't think this is a 'massive' or 'huge' game. It could be, if we were to win as it would all but confirm our play off spot. If we lose or draw it doesn't really change much. We have 2 winnable fixtures left, anything we get today is a bonus. The big game claxon does us no favours.

steve82

I think I'm in the minority who don't think this is a 'massive' or 'huge' game. It could be, if we were to win as it would all but confirm our play off spot. If we lose or draw it doesn't really change much. We have 2 winnable fixtures left, anything we get today is a bonus. The big game claxon does us no favours.

I am of a similar position. The big game tag adds to the spice of the tie for generating interest and selling tickets. Two play off hopefuls going toe to toe.

In reality what it does is feeds the negative aspect of the fan base should we lose tonight by ordering taxi’s and calling for MR to be sacked or hammering academy players.

6 pts to play for ourselves after tonight is the biggest fact that will remain come 10pm while also 3pts to the good over Mansfield.

Users who are viewing this thread