D Day Today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It's today the players will be getting told they are wanted or not, when was it in the press last time? Was it the same day or the day after?

Skybluefaz

I'm sure the club will be in touch with the Observer at the first opportunity for yet another exclusive for Les.
giphy.gif

shy_tall_knight

There may be some shocks, tudgay being released won't be, Chris stokes may not make the cut depending on how his injury record is viewed, don't expect Foley nor nathan clarke to be taken on, I would like ruben and the twins to be retained and expect Burge to be retained, RCC & Kwame even with 12 months left on their contract may be told that the are surplus to requirements.

torchomatic

It was definitely a Monday as I read it somewhere. I thought it was next week but seems more likely it will be today.

stupot07

Definitelt today. Just read a CT article with Turnbull saying it is today.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Somebody get down to Ryton and ask players as they come out through their windows.

letsallsingtogether

Simon Gilbert's probably F5ing this page every 3 seconds in order to get "the exclusive"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not suprising really is it.
We can all wait until Les comes out with it after a pub lunch with Tim.
But I'm sure the bog cleaner at Ryton will be the one who knows before everyone else.

torchomatic

Not bothered about most of them to be honest. They've been piss poor for most of the season.

steve82

It's usually within the days after the last game but the rules say they have till the 3rd Saturday in May to say they intend to keep there registration.
I'm guessing we will find out by Wednesday at the latest.
Ive a feeling there will be some surprises with a lot leaving.

Nick

Administrator
The interesting one for me is Gadzhev hardly featured at all this season for Mowbray, Venus, Slade and apart from the last two games Robins but has starred the two games he's just played and looked the type of midfielder we've been missing, one who can pass to a teammate.

The last home game he ran the show pretty much and looked really good.

Never really had a full run of games.

letsallsingtogether

The interesting one for me is Gadzhev hardly featured at all this season for Mowbray, Venus, Slade and apart from the last two games Robins but has starred the two games he's just played and looked the type of midfielder we've been missing, one who can pass to a teammate.
Agree but really needs to sort out his hair.

sylus

It's today the players will be getting told they are wanted or not, when was it in the press last time? Was it the same day or the day after?

Won't need to do it individually,they'll all be going,bar one or two..

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Can't see many making the league two standard. They've flopped in League One so we need to start over again! Blank canvas

Only ones who would deserve to stay are the academy lads - DKE x 2, G Thomas, Stevenson, Willis.

Beavon could be useful but think we need to be adding height if GT is going to be a mainstay of the team next year. Two short arses aren't going to work!

I'd be surprised if we kept hold of Vlad, although I wouldn't be against it. Past two games he's started he's starred, knows how to find space and pick a pass, but probably too little too late.

Tudgay and Foley can't stay.......can they?

Bigi I think could be a useful asset, but again height could be an issue. League two is going to need battlers. Bullies. Hard men. Whilst he tries, im not sure he's the answer

I'd be releasing both keepers and starting a fresh, although I reckon we'll keep hold of one, which is likely to be Burge who is clearly preferred by Robins.

Stokes I'd like to keep. Think he has what we need in league one

covcity4life

Burge or rcc.
Willis
Dke
Turnbul
Jones
Bigi
Gadzhev
Stokes
Beavon
G thomas
Stevenson

Off top my head i would like to retain/resign the above if agreeable terms found.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Wonder if Jim White will be down there with his yellow tie on???

wingy

3 left after today.
One of those a keeper.
Will the other two be ones we paid fees for or GT and Stokes?

wingy

Hea

Heard it yesterday.
Very little youth next season.
Recruiting typical L4 bruisers.
Oh heard the reason Camwell got his start yesterday was due to a fee that would have required payment had Leahy started.
No problem there though as the boy done good.
£10K I heard.

Captain Dart

Hea

Heard it yesterday.
Very little youth next season.
Recruiting typical L4 bruisers.

...and what of the academy?

Users who are viewing this thread