D Day Today (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

I think it was the fact it came from Andy Turner, I still thought he may have legitimate connections at the club and the story therefore probably was legit. If anything, this has shattered that belief that the Cov tel has any more of an insight than you or I.

clint van damme

Said this yesterday morning, And we still have 3 more pages discussing the Telegraphs "alternative facts". If the Cov Telegraph is held in such disdain by the forumites, why do people continue to jump on every story as if its gospel ?

because it needs to sort itself out. It's our local paper and it's a fucking rag.
Appreciate they're banned from the Ricoh, (a childish act of spite in my opinion), but even so their content is awful, (and not just related to the Sky blues).

better days

I think it was the fact it came from Andy Turner, I still thought he may have legitimate connections at the club and the story therefore probably was legit. If anything, this has shattered that belief that the Cov tel has any more of an insight than you or I.

I think this is likely. Some players were offered deals but either they declined or asked for more time to consider so the offer was withdrawn. A small number of players who signed last year have contracts that include reduction in wages if we were relegated
These clauses usually allow the player to leave rather than accept the reduction
Most fans would agree this is common sense to protect the club
From what I heard Andy Turner's story was reasonably accurate at the time he posted it but the players may have been given 24 hours to answer which led to several changes

stupot07

What a bunch of clowns. They got it wrong, just admit and own it.

2944df021f11033d2840c1070a628f9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Can anyone else see MR calling Lameiras into his office, telling him he's getting a new contract only for a day later call him back in to tell him he's not really?

Come on CT... stop being embarrassing

That's what Crowley was having a go about.

NorthernWisdom

Can anyone else see MR calling Lameiras into his office, telling him he's getting a new contract only for a day later call him back in to tell him he's not really?

tbf to Simon / Gilbert / Giblet, it kind of show what he has to work under. Both he and Turner just apologised, the paper tries to justify it.

When your paymasters do that... it kind of shows where journalism's going.

Esoterica

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lameiras was offered a contract he quickly rejected with Robins refusing to budge on it having done what he needed to ensure Lameiras is now compensation eligible.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lameiras was offered a contract he quickly rejected with Robins refusing to budge on it having done what he needed to ensure Lameiras is now compensation eligible.
I always thought that he would have needed to be here 3 years before we got compensation?

Esoterica

I always thought that he would have needed to be here 3 years before we got compensation?
It's purely based on age but the current trend is for the Professional Football Compensation Committee (PFCC) to come up with a base compensation figure (for U-24 players that have not come through the academy) by how established they are in the first team i.e. games played and then layer in further appearance fees and a sell on clause. Based on that you could even speculate that it was why Lameiras played so often in recent weeks, to drive up his base compensation fee... :emoji_smiling_imp: (although we don't know if he was actually offered a contract or not).

65.3 Subject to the provisions of this Regulation 65, any Club which makes an offer in accordance with Regulation 65.2 of re‑engagement to a Contract Player who is an Under 24 Player and which is in the opinion of the Board not less favourable than the Player's current contractual terms, shall be entitled to a Compensation Fee in respect of the loss of the Player's registration, should the Player sign for another Club. In order to comply with this Regulation, the annual value of the terms offered must be at least equivalent to the most favourable year's terms in the Player's previous contract. The terms offered to Players for re‑engagements must be as favourable overall except that a signing‑on fee included in the previous contract and stated to be a once only payment need not be repeated. Copies of all offers of re‑engagement made to Contract Players must be sent to The League.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Wouldn't pay much attention to Crowley-crapped himself and skirted around questions and issues when at Ccfc. Bit of a Sisu man it seemed.
At least club comms went out without being riddled with grammatical errors.

Adge

At least club comms went out without being riddled with grammatical errors.
They did, but selective they were. But yes much better than the useless person "apparently" doing the job now.

Users who are viewing this thread