D Day Today (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Would love to see half the team from the academy/ U23's.
Only if they are good enough of course.
Just hope we don't loan other people's 18 year olds
Who are no better.

steve82

Think this is the first time ever that if he said "I've let the lot go" I'd not shed a tear in the slightest,

Possibly with the exception of George Thomas and a couple of the other kids there's not an ounce of passion, pride and fight between them. Time to start fresh, bring in some new players, back the manager, promote the better youth players and actually give it a go next year

Yep I agree, I'd like a few of "our own" to stay on as squad players and keep a identity and show a pathway to the next crop coming up.
However we do need to rebuild for the here and now, we simply have to try and bounce back as quickly as possible and that means competing asap

Gazolba

It's today the players will be getting told they are wanted or not, when was it in the press last time? Was it the same day or the day after?
Just because they are wanted, doesn't mean they will stay.

ccfchoi87

Rumours have it that very few have been retained and there are some shock departures/told they can leave, including Cian Harries

Adge

Can't see many making the league two standard. They've flopped in League One so we need to start over again! Blank canvas

Only ones who would deserve to stay are the academy lads - DKE x 2, G Thomas, Stevenson, Willis.

Beavon could be useful but think we need to be adding height if GT is going to be a mainstay of the team next year. Two short arses aren't going to work!

I'd be surprised if we kept hold of Vlad, although I wouldn't be against it. Past two games he's started he's starred, knows how to find space and pick a pass, but probably too little too late.

Tudgay and Foley can't stay.......can they?

Bigi I think could be a useful asset, but again height could be an issue. League two is going to need battlers. Bullies. Hard men. Whilst he tries, im not sure he's the answer

I'd be releasing both keepers and starting a fresh, although I reckon we'll keep hold of one, which is likely to be Burge who is clearly preferred by Robins.

Stokes I'd like to keep. Think he has what we need in league one
Dion I would like but if his brother can't get in a team, or even a squad, that has struggled all season and loaned out to Nuneaton I think it's bye bye. Don't see what the fuss is about Willis at all. Just look at the first Scunthorpe goal yesterday. Amateur defending to show Van Veen inside on his preferred right foot for him to oblige with a goal.
Stevenson as well I wouldn't be fussed if he left. Had a little flurry here and there but again hasn't been able to do it consistently in league 1. Infact the last few games he has played I haven't even noticed him being on the pitch. Reilly for me would be a better option in League 2.

shmmeee

If I had to guess at the three:

G Thomas, Burge, Beavon will be kept

What do people reckon we'd get for: RCC, Willis, Turnbull, Harries, Stevenson, Reid, K Thomas? £2-3m surely?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's today the players will be getting told they are wanted or not, when was it in the press last time? Was it the same day or the day after?
Fisher won't announce until end of May , so it doesn't affect the early bird season ticket sales . LOL :wacky:

Lamptey

Am expecting a massive clear out, massively under equipped to do anything in league 2, Plymouth went down to 4 players after a mass clear out.

ccfchoi87

I know this team is poor but with a top class centre half (Turner), tough tackling central midfielder (vincelot) and goalscorer (Armstrong), we would have pushed for top half this year in my opinion, at least nowhere near relegation anyway. A good spine next year in the mould of them players might allow Haynes, Stevenson, Jones, Ruben etc to flourish. By releasing Haynes, DKE, Bigi, Ruben etc robins would have a lot to do in the summer. Mowbray made the same mistake in releasing Martin and Phillips who were adequate at this level. I would concentrate on them 3 key areas and then allow loans to bolster the options elsewhere.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The Telegraph understands that out of his senior squad only George Thomas, Gael Bigirimana , Ruben Lameiras and Dion Kelly-Evans have been, or are set to be, offered fresh terms with the Sky Blues.

Those understood to be leaving are defenders Kevin Foley, Nathan Clarke, Ryan Haynes and Chris Stokes, midfielders Vlad Gadzhev and Andy Rose , striker Marcus Tudgay and goalkeeper Lee Burge.

ccfchoi87

Now means we need to bring in 2 left backs and more cover at centre half. I'd also imagine the DKE deal is just so they get a tribunal fee should he leave. Does Haynes not apply for this anymore? Are we really gonna find 2 left backs better than what we had already?

robbiekeane

Odd that hes kept Lameires.

I don't rate Haynes as much as everyone else does but I think he'd have been an alright squad player in league two.

Maybe not physical enough for it....which brings be back to Lameires....

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I don't rate Haynes as much as everyone else does but I think he'd have been an alright squad player in league two.

I'd have been half tempted to play Haynes LM next year or certainly an option in that position especially considering Reid can go.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Ruben is a strange one for me, but Robins clearly sees something in him. If we can find the right striker to ply off his passing ability, it may be an astute signing!

As for Haynes, we've heard so many managers say he needs to do that bit more, and clearly they can't all be wrong?

Terry Gibson's perm

Now means we need to bring in 2 left backs and more cover at centre half. I'd also imagine the DKE deal is just so they get a tribunal fee should he leave. Does Haynes not apply for this anymore? Are we really gonna find 2 left backs better than what we had already?

I think Haynes does but to activate it you have to offer him a contract equal or better than now, which he would probably have signed so you are stuck with him.

steve82

Interesting... positive in some aspects. We have largely failed with these players.
Over to you MR to get the adequate replacements in.

robbiekeane

Ruben is a strange one for me, but Robins clearly sees something in him. If we can find the right striker to ply off his passing ability, it may be an astute signing!

As for Haynes, we've heard so many managers say he needs to do that bit more, and clearly they can't all be wrong?
I think Lameires has made about 3 decent passes since he joined us. The only one of which I can remember is that one that was almost backwards that set Armstrong up who scored. Not enough for me.

Haynes I agree.

ccfcway

only one I surprised about, purely because he played him was Burge. It is the right decision to get rid and get a new No 1. Stokes can count himself unlucky, but he will get himself another club

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

only one I surprised about, purely because he played him was Burge. It is the right decision to get rid and get a new No 1. Stokes can count himself unlucky, but he will get himself another club

I guess RCC is under contract him or Burge would be back up to the experienced first choice keeper Robins is bound to bring in.

Users who are viewing this thread