Death List 2018 (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Leslie Grantham has died can we expect him to come back in a few years and say not really

Third time it’s hapoened.

CJ_covblaze

Following the news about Calds yesterday just found out, Michael, a lad I’ve worked with has died in the practice session at Skerries. Feel sick. Unbelievably talented racer. He was part of the Dunlop family. They’ve been through far too much down the years. Two good guys lost in a day.

skybluetony176

Tragic
Little one on way too I think.
Road racing is perilous .

He missed the IOM TT because there was an issue with the baby scans so definitely got a baby on the way. Just tragic. Like you say Road Racing is perilous which makes the people that do it that bit more remarkable again than your average motorcycle racer. Not that there’s anything average about any motorcycle racer.

Captain Dart

Mcbean

He missed the IOM TT because there was an issue with the baby scans so definitely got a baby on the way. Just tragic. Like you say Road Racing is perilous which makes the people that do it that bit more remarkable again than your average motorcycle racer. Not that there’s anything average about any motorcycle racer.
Its very sad to hear of another loss in the Dunlop lineage - they do it because they love it - its a drug and it can be consuming - Rest in peace Michael

CJ_covblaze

Its very sad to hear of another loss in the Dunlop lineage - they do it because they love it - its a drug and it can be consuming - Rest in peace Michael

Ever read Joey's book? Well worth it. Poignant stuff about the number 31.

Mcbean

Ever read Joey's book? Well worth it. Poignant stuff about the number 31.
may well do - have some time on my hands shortly - retiring in a couple of weeks - taking the bike over to Ireland for a break - may well get to Ballymoney to pay my respects - i have Joeys signature on an IOM poster of a stamp for him - he had just won the senior in 9* and i jumped a fence and ambushed him - although completely knackered he signed it with a smile

ovduk78

may well do - have some time on my hands shortly - retiring in a couple of weeks - taking the bike over to Ireland for a break - may well get to Ballymoney to pay my respects - i have Joeys signature on an IOM poster of a stamp for him - he had just won the senior in 9* and i jumped a fence and ambushed him - although completely knackered he signed it with a smile
Well worth a visit, be even more poignant with the sad loss of William. The mechanic I use to fix my car raced in the sidecars at IOM and was presented with his rosette by Joey. He later went to the toilet in the pub and Joey was in there holding himself up on the wall whilst he had a pee as he was steaming. Next day Joey won the race he was in.

clint van damme

I went to Bestival on the Isle of Wight for 10 consecutive years and had some unforgettable times but the Chuckle Brothers in 2015 was something else. About 10,000 people doing from me to you, the whole gig was surreal, was crying with laughter!! RIP Barry.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I went to Bestival on the Isle of Wight for 10 consecutive years and had some unforgettable times but the Chuckle Brothers in 2015 was something else. About 10,000 people doing from me to you, the whole gig was surreal, was crying with laughter!! RIP Barry.

I’ve just seen a post posted this morning of theirs; ladder in the car? Still had me laughing despite how daft it really was

ajsccfc

I love this that's doing the rounds from a profile article a few years ago

Aretha Franklin’s American Soul

“I don’t care what they say about Aretha,” Billy Preston, who died in 2006, once said. “She can be hiding out in her house in Detroit for years. She can go decades without taking a plane or flying off to Europe. She can cancel half her gigs and infuriate every producer and promoter in the country. She can sing all kinds of jive-ass songs that are beneath her. She can go into her diva act and turn off the world. But on any given night, when that lady sits down at the piano and gets her body and soul all over some righteous song, she’ll scare the shit out of you. And you’ll know—you’ll swear—that she’s still the best fuckin’ singer this fucked-up country has ever produced.”

Otis

First two or three times I heard his name I could have sworn they were saying Kofi and Ann. Thought it was a couple.

Otis

Neil Simon. 91.

Excellent and very talented writer and playwright. The Odd Couple, The Out-of-Towners, Sweet Charity, California Suite, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread