Death List 2018 (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

John McCain, but to be honest I never liked his oven chips.

Gazolba

Neil Simon. 91.

Excellent and very talented writer and playwright. The Odd Couple, The Out-of-Towners, Sweet Charity, California Suite, etc.
The 'Out of Towners' with Jack Lemmon was a very funny film. Especially if you know New York.

Captain Dart

Another one. :emoji_frowning2:

Otis

I'm not really familiar with her, but being so aware of your situation must be horrendous

Used to listen to her on 5Live, so this one has hit me. :(

Must be horrible knowing you only have days to live and to be at no age at all. Just 40 wasn't she?

RIP.

JimmyHillsbeard

Used to listen to her on 5Live, so this one has hit me. :(

RIP.

Got to know her as our paths crossed on 5live a couple of years back. When my wife was diagnosed w breast cancer last year, Rachael’s blog was a great inspiration to her and Rachael was just brilliant to both of us on many occasions. Everything that’s being said abt her currently is true she was funny, bright and a joy to be around.

Otis

Got to know her as our paths crossed on 5live a couple of years back. When my wife was diagnosed w breast cancer last year, Rachael’s blog was a great inspiration to her and Rachael was just brilliant to both of us on many occasions. Everything that’s being said abt her currently is true she was funny, bright and a joy to be around.
Such a shame to lose her at such an age. :(

bezzer

I too used to listen to Rachael Bland (Hodges) on the late show with Richard Bacon and then with Tony Livesey. She was a joy to listen to, came across as a very nice lady. When she was diagnosed with cancer I then took to listening to her podcasts.
A very courageous lady, taken away too early.

And if you get the chance, try and listen to her and Livesey discussing the name 'Randy' Had me in tears yesterday........

Captain Dart

I too used to listen to Rachael Bland (Hodges) on the late show with Richard Bacon and then with Tony Livesey. She was a joy to listen to, came across as a very nice lady. When she was diagnosed with cancer I then took to listening to her podcasts.
A very courageous lady, taken away too early.

And if you get the chance, try and listen to her and Livesey discussing the name 'Randy' Had me in tears yesterday........

The good news is 'Rachael's Big C podcast will continue'
The bad news is, there maybe another presenter vacancy in a few months.

* Black humour is the only thing that works in the circumstances.

bringbackrattles

The bbc write up did amuse me with the ’on his land’ line. If you ever watched his programmes then you’d understand it.
He was some character, I loved watching his programmes. I read a book on him a year ago, he was a poacher turned gamekeeper, used to get into fights,and loved a drink, a proper country bloke. He was a hard man with a reputation,but grew out of it and did well in his later years.
It shocked me when I heard how he died, bloody sad news.

bringbackrattles

I had never, ever heard of him. What programme was he famous for?
He was a rough nut who got up to loads of trouble in his youth, but he loved the countryside etc, and ended up filming wildlife around Exmoor. Great character a proper bloke. Shocked me today.

Otis

He was a rough nut who got up to loads of trouble in his youth, but he loved the countryside etc, and ended up filming wildlife around Exmoor. Great character a proper bloke. Shocked me today.
Was he famous for any particular programme though? Have watched a few wildlife programmes, but never come across him before. The face doesn't even look familiar.

bringbackrattles

Was he famous for any particular programme though? Have watched a few wildlife programmes, but never come across him before. The face doesn't even look familiar.
That surprises me as he was well known/popular for years. He did a great documentary a few years ago, he went to Lapland and Mongolia and lived with nomads,reindeer herders, really roughed it. They loved him as he was a toughie and not your typical wildlife presenter. I bought a couple of his books. Check him out he was entertaining !

Otis

Errm....... guess I'm going to have to Google him, cos you still haven't told me what programme. ;)

Otis

Ah, the only programme I can see was on ITV and it's not a channel I watch.

Would definitely remember the name at least, because it is so noticeable, but I don't. Never even heard the name mentioned before.

bringbackrattles

Ah, the only programme I can see was on ITV and it's not a channel I watch.

Would definitely remember the name at least, because it is so noticeable, but I don't. Never even heard the name mentioned before.
He had his own series. Just google Johnny Kingdom wildlife presenter etc, and you'll get it. Worth watching.

Captain Dart

Sadly another Cary On star has passed away

Users who are viewing this thread