Death List 2024 (2 Viewers)

oscillatewildly

My Grandad was a South Walian (Gorseinon) and if there is one name I recall him speaking of concerning Welsh rugby in the 1970's it was nearly always Barry John.
Didn't mean a thing to me back then of course - I couldn't stand the game.
It's only latterly as a young adult did I fully appreciate just how special those Welsh sides of the '70's were.

skybluetony176

I saw Barry John do after dinner speaking once (think it was at the Triumph Standard club IIRC) really nice guy but painfully shy, by his own admission he hated doing these events but they paid the bills and could only get through them with his son there for moral support. He was talking about how he retired early for the same reason, he just couldn’t deal with the attention. I’d never heard of him before this but have seen some of his playing performances since then and he was outstanding. RIP

OffenhamSkyBlue

Well i was told not to speak ill of the dead, but i thought he should have been put out to DJ pasture a long time ago. Not my cup of tea, but it's sad for his family and those who will miss him.

wingy

Was working Sunday recording some V day tune’s apparently
How many years had he done at the BBC,. not sure if he moved to an independent, wouldn't have been long if he did, would have covered just about every slot going at the Beeb, not everyone's cup of tea but a good presenter for me Gervais and Jason the librarian, good impression of Jagger unless I'm mistaken?
RIP.

duffer

Steve Wright in the afternoon…

Ah, that's sad. Spent a lot of time listening to him in the days when I used to do a lot of driving. Always cheered me up.

I don't think there's a single radio DJ or station that I'd go out of my way to listen to now. I'm too old for Radio 1, Radio 2 leaves me cold, and Radio 6 "music" always seems to have some eejit rabbiting on rather than, y'know, playing music. Classic FM it is then... fetch me slippers it's almost bedtime! 😄

Sky_Blue_Daz

ahh thats a shame used to love listening to him ,RIP

skybluetony176

Shit. Used to love listening to him as an 18 year old van driver when he was on Radio 1. All his characters like the pretentious music journalist and the micky takes like Arnie demanding Total respray, total refund etc. Real shame.

wingy

Shit. Used to love listening to him as an 18 year old van driver when he was on Radio 1. All his characters like the pretentious music journalist and the micky takes like Arnie demanding Total respray, total refund etc. Real shame.
Who was the old character he did "yes that's right that is correct."

Philosorapter

Personally wasn't a fan of Steve Wright and the fawning sycophants he surrounded himself with but it can't be denied that he was good at what he did

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Think it is called zoo radio. Wright if I remember correctly was one of the early presenters in the UK who copied the style from American presenters.

I am sure there are more knowledgable people than myself who can explain better.

But yeah, one hell of a presenter.

skybluetony176

Who was the old character he did "yes that's right that is correct."
Ooo, now you’re asking. Been racking my brain to think of them all as there was that many. There was Sid the manager, yes boy. Remember Mick Jagger making a regular appearance including doing the pips at whatever o’clock it happened to be. I think Mick Jagger was done by Phil Cornwell IIRC who some may remember as Alan Partridge’s nemesis.

Macca

Think it is called zoo radio. Wright if I remember correctly was one of the early presenters in the UK who copied the style from American presenters.

I am sure there are more knowledgable people than myself who can explain better.

But yeah, one hell of a presenter.

Yes I liked him a great presenter but he was guilty of bringing the fashion of having a gang of cheerleaders in the background that we see today.

Otis

Am expecting Brian Wilson to go in the not too distant future, sadly.

A real genius, but on the decline. 😢

Screenshot_2024-02-20-10-17-26-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I will be very sad the day he goes. 😢

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Some bloke off that Strictly thing. Never watched it, but he was only 44. RIP Mate.

Otis

Keith from The Office dead this morning :(
Oh no.

He was with the same talent agent as my daughter.

Seemed to have a fall from grace a bit and at one point was opening fetes and doing birthday message videos.

Sad. He was only 50.

ajsccfc

I'm sure I read that he either wasn't meant to be a named character in the Office or was just to appear in one scene but was so good they wrote him in to the full series

Users who are viewing this thread